Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

That's what's great about Dodge, you have a choice. If you're only going to lose 25% of your health and you think that victory point is worth it, why not just decline the move? In this respect, it's like a block that you pick when you want it to work (when the rng gods take pity on you of course). No one is saying that Dodge is better than blocks. Slippery Shield is clearly better against an unknown opponent. However, a shield with 3 Dodges is the best at what it does and you of all people should appreciate that.

2. Ector

Ector Hydra

Oh, I appreciate that, no doubts. I just cannot invent a warrior build where this shield is going to be best. An old M:tG motto says: "there are no good cards, there are only good decks" :)

3. UiA

UiA Ogre

I must have missed reading the Cardhunter Bible on this, as I almost never put sliding on my war. But then my mp war decks have only gone mid 1600's so you might know better. Either way though I agree I wouldn't spend a yellow for 3 dodges over say, 3 hard to pins from slippery shield. Dodge though is an awesome card when it works.

4. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Damn I wish someone would have told me this back in 1996!

5. Accent

Accent Hydra

So what you're saying is . . . Stasis!

6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

kogi likes this.
  7. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

It's not only better than Twisted Shield for farming, but also for leagues where you expect a lot of FS (Wicked Waterways, Golden Shrine, maybe Roll Out the Barrels too). There isn't a better tokenless shield for that purpose, and it could free you a token that you could be using somewhere else. At least it gives you the possibility to make that decision.
    But well, I don't know how much you farm per week. I have one and would buy a second one, but because I have some spare gold right now.

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

Well, it's really fun, but I don't believe it can be the most effective on any map. As I've said, even if the map favors Dodge, you'd better take a weapon with Dodges and a shield with blocks. Reaper's Scythe or Quick Jon's Axe. Your build has no blocks at all, just 3 Dodges, and it's very unstable. Sometimes you will have no Dodge (three copies don't guarantee getting one quickly) and easily killed. Sometimes you will be killed just because your Dodge failed to trigger (that's quite possible with 4+). But yes, sometimes you will be just "invincible" and annoy your opponents to their death.
    I really don't know a map where such build could be the best. There are maps with limited LoS (no wizards), but they are usually built to struggle for the victory areas. I've played a lot of Violent Spins and Acrobatic Blocks there, plus some bashes and heavy armor. Can you hold the victory area versus such build? No you cannot. Can you kill such warrior in time? Well maybe, but you have just 6 Impaling Stabs. Most likely you will jump as you like there, but still lose.

There was a discussion on it a few pages ago. I've said that it's the best tokenless shield for a priest in a Firestorming SP party, so it should be bought before the Shield of Ultimate Dodging. I am using it all the time.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  9. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Just one legendary of note Igneous Scorchstaff. Was hoping to get an opinion on it before randimar restocks tomorrow. It would be my second if i bought it. Still havent tried out a fire wiz and was wondering how well this item stacks up. Thanks for the input and good luck on your randimar restock!

10. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

When I farm the level 18 adventures, I do elder mind and the mountain with a FS team in order to do them as fast as possible. I have to change the equips for the dragon fight. One wizz has White Flame + Staff Of The Fire God + Smoag's Bucket Of Pitch + 2 Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire and one more arcane item with some Flame Jet. The Other wizz has some Staff Of Chask and 4 Akon's Amulet. Priest 2 Healing Hand Mace and 4 Shielding Token. 3 Dwarves with Advanced Ferocity.
    Instant Burn can produce some very good damages, mostly if you're a Firestarter. But do note that God Of Flame is easily obtainable on the arcane items but you can only find Instant Burn on weapons. So if you wanna go this way, you'll want weapons more focused on Instant Burn like White Flame or the cheaper version (in term of tokens) Overheated Staff. Imo your one is plenty enough and you don't need this second one. Plus FS + Combustible is a bad combo.

11. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

No, FS + Combustible + Instant Burn is a bad combo.

12. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

FS + Combustible is already bad combo :p

13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well to be fair, my low level FS farm build runs mostly Staff Of The Inferno, and it works quite well and I don't really even care if I draw Combustible. Though I guess in reality this doesn't make FS and Combustible not a bad combo, it just means that sometimes the combo is one where it's negative effects don't really matter.

14. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Actually I have no idea why I'm even posting in this thread. I wouldn't spend even 10 gold for an item to use only in SP. Ofc in SP you can use that combo.

15. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I have been runing 6 staves of inferno in order to farm most of the maps for a while. Now I only use maximum one caus I could find some other FS staves. I can really feel the difference, life has became easier. And don't think you'll be fighting kobolds in MP ;)

16. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

17. kogi

kogi Ogre

18. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

19. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hmm... It's worse than Healing Hand Mace IMHO, but still very good.

Yes, both are very good items. Path Of Knives is a good answer to the WW and NS-lovers :)

Randimar obviously decided to bring me no playable legendaries at all. This time he brought only Ariston's Helmet, which is obviously a crap. I didn't see even remotely playable Legendary from him for five weeks in a row!
    Epics have some real treasures though. I will get my 2nd Farzil's Perplexing Horn which is far better than most legendaries and my 3rd Jygpin's Healing Ring (it's very unlikely that I will need three as one slot is permanently devoted to Skull Of The Savage Iljin, but it's too good for a Firestorm team to skip it). There are some epics that I doubt too:

Perfect Insight. I've never played it (though I have one already), but theoretically Dodge is nice, and Pathfinding helps to defeat the Dodge's worst enemy, encumbrance. Still, I really doubt it's worth a yellow token. What do you think?
    Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire. Looks like a great item for a Firestarter wizard, who really needs all three cards. But is is worth the yellow token? I remember my "ideal White Flame build" which used this orb though, and I currently don't have it, so looks like I have to buy it and hope for the White Flame :)
    True Mail. Yes, the Mail is crappy, but looks like the only double-Reliable Mail divine armor I have is Battered Holy Mail, and Wavering Faith is even worse. Cintxotl's Mail seems to be better for a melee priest, but not for a supporting priest.

Your opinions are welcome!

20. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

The only reason I used Pathfinding before was to find step moves like Nimble Strike but Elven Maneuvers is so much more reliable now. I could see using Pathfinding to look for Dodge and Hard To Pin Down but people already avoid hitting anyone with Elven Maneuvers on so I think that's just a better option. Besides, I heard Dodge was the worst card in the game. You should probably stay clear.

The number one enemy of fire wizards is armor. Rantic's Orb is nice if you can afford the token cost.

True Mail is heavy armor. It is much better than the only other minor token option with two Reliable Mails in Clovidian's Mail so I'd pick it up.