Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Took me 15 seconds of puzzling to find out why the search can't find Advanced Devotion.
    A: Because there's a typo: 2 spaces between "Advanced" and "Devotion".

ParodyKnaveBob, neoncat and Flaxative like this.
  2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Psychic Barrage is used by Psi Cats, so together it sure sounds like it would be Psychic, but it actually does Arcane damage.

Tongue Storm says "Tongues Everywhere tongues." when I think there's supposed to be some internal punctuation. I can see an ellipses on the wiki page but it does not appear in-game.

Tongue Lash says "it's elastic appendage" but should not have that apostrophe.

Scaberous Skin should be spelled "Scabrous." On the plus side, searching for this misspelling online links straight to Card Hunter multiple times.

Maze Of The Mind doesn't capitalize the first word "move" but does capitalize the second. Also, it says "Discard this card" when that's just normal gameplay (there's no "Keep" keyword).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Sir Knight

In the card Triple Heals, the "May Self Target" text is underlined but it doesn't actually have a tooltip. Other instances of "May Self Target" have one just fine.

4. The inventory filter can only find black cards by searching for "handicap", even though the word "handicap" doesn't show up on the card (or, as far as I can tell, anywhere else in the game). Even worse, searching for "drawback" doesn't find anything even though that's the term used in the quest descriptions for all of the campaign-mode adventures. Players who don't get involved with the forums or wiki have no way of even knowing that there's a search keyword for them.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I agree, more players should be involved with the forums! ;)

rowspower likes this.
  6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Dawithag casted War Cry on Grongdeb, who was holding 2 x pushback parry. Wendhondan was in range with a defender's block in hand.

Dawithag renders Grongdeb defenseless
    Grongdeb discarded Pushback Parry.
    Grongdeb discarded Pushback Parry.
    Grongdeb blocked with Defender's Block. >> Should this be 'Wendhondan blocked with Defender's Block.' ?
    War Cry was cancelled.
    Wendhondan discarded Defender's Block.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's funny, just yesterday I was wondering if anyone had ever tested Defender's Block against War Cry. I see it works as I expected it to.

8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Energizing Move works correctly on test server but battle log says you "take one extra step!" only.

9. Sir Knight

I've wondered about this . . .

The flavor text on Beam Of Hate (now with functioning link) refers to the ancient "Tzotecs." But nothing is spelled like that in the game. There's "Tcotzac," so is the flavor text mispelled? Or are the people of Tcotzac actually called "Tzotecs" and this information is never used anywhere?

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Should be fixed in the next build.

11. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Will fix. I think it should be "Tcotzacs".

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Smoke Bomb says all squares within 2 become smoke terrain, but in actuality it's only squares reached by the burst effect (squares on the other side of a wall will not become smoke even if within 2 of the target square). Something more along the lines of Acid Spray would be better wording:

Burst 2. All affected squares become...

While we're at it, Acid Pool and Lava Pool could use the same cleanup though because they are only burst 1 the effect is identical to what is actually written on them (all adjacent squares) and thus not untrue.

13. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Item with triple Healing Spirit in its title place has "1".

14. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Card: Immovable.

CARD TEXT 1: "While attached"

why is this part of the text needed? I don't see it on other traits (there may be some)

CARD TEXT 2: You cannot be moved to or placed in a new location by enemy cards.

Since you can still be the target of such effects like Whirlwind, Disorienting Block, Gust of Wind. According to the wording such effects should still be able to change your facing as long as the character stay in the original square.

15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Being able to change facing would add an interesting dynamic; however, strictly speaking changing facing is still a "move" hence why Spin Around is a move card.

16. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Yes but it reads moved to or placed in a new location.

ParodyKnaveBob and Scarponi like this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Since this is the card text bug thread, and not a "change how the game works" thread, should I take this to mean that you want Immovable to be reworded? ;P

18. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

In essence yes.

This is how i currently interpret the card:

"Can be affected by move cards but not moved to a new square"

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  19. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Card: Enervating Touch

Card text is somewhat different from other cards of the same type.

Enervating Touch:
    "bla bla for each point this attack deals"

Other :
    "bla bla for each point this attack does"

Not a big issue, but i guess things like these is what this thread is designed for.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  20. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

The flavor text for Fiery Breath reads:

A dragon's breath is it's weapon and it's signature. Another reason to avoid a contract with one.

Both times it appears, "it's" should be "its".