Legendary find!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Wow unholy curse finally it appears!

2. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

That'll go nicely with Bad Medicine. Are all of the skills marked 'R' for rare? I wonder if skills go higher than Rare, like some skills are Epic and some are Legendary.

3. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

I've gotten a couple of epic skills. Specifically Lifestealer and Untrained Lifestealer (both are epic). Priest skills, has unholy melee attacks that drain health(heal you by amount you damage enemy).

4. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Seems that shops sell legendary items as well

[​IMG]

5. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Seems Legendaries can suck too, apparently.

6. SurgeonFish

it doesnt suck. it requires no talent points for shimmering armor. this armor is amazing. Talent points become quite the restriction at max level. you'll understand when you get there

7. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

You can get Resistant Hides and Hardy Mails at low level for no talent points too, and they protect from physical attacks. I'd rather have guaranteed fire/acid/poison/lightning immunity and 2 armor =/

8. SurgeonFish

because of this Arcane will be the Meta in multiplayer, Shimmering Armor will be your friend

9. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Dwarves make friends of there Axes, ELVES make friends of there dresses, and not everyone has a wizard in the party :p I like my Reliable Mail quite a bit, almost a guaranteed 2 armor, but i ditched my Priest and most of his stuff so not sure if he actually had any, think he had holy/inspiration armor

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Well i kinda agree with you both the shimmering armor is interesting without a talent but i would still rather have that and random armor and a unholy then that and 2 unholy in my armor slot.

Then again regardless if the item impresses or not great find!

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I believe that this is yet more evidence that Blue Manchu put a lot of thought into card/item design. I'm continually amazed as I look at new items with similar cards, then look at the "level" and "rarity" combo, and realize they got it right.

Stop a moment and consider the "bug" forum. Not once has there been a complaint or a bug about item value. Given the magnitude of this project, think about what Blue Manchu has accomplished.

Back to Unholy Nimbus. Legendary, Level 1. I was surprised when I saw an item in a store yesterday with two Shimmering Armor cards; I believe it was Epic, some moderate level.

At Level 1, my entire Divine Armor collection maxes out at Cloth Armor. You don't even Keep that one. Crawl up to Level 3 and you finally break the "Armor 2" barrier, with Rusty Armor. You don't even Keep that one either. The Level 3 item Holy Patchwork Armor gives you the exciting Armor 3, Keep card Solid Mail, but saddles you with Ill-fitting Armor in compensation.

Now we have learned about item progression. So back at Level 1, we have a Legendary with a (somewhat-limited) Armor 3, Keep, and two copies of one of the more delightful utility cards.

Blue Manchu got the balance right.

VexingVision, Thirandras and Zalminen like this.
  12. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I totally agree.
    It seems that they worked/work REALLY hard balancing the cards.

13. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

I just got a legendary.........................treasure. Slippogriff Caviar.

14. Sir Knight

You're kidding me. The Slippogriff? Amazing.

400 gold?

15. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

I wonder how that would taste on pizza.

16. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

200 gold. And yeah I imagine that's The Slippogriff. ;)

17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Any chance for me to get those extra 100 gold i lost for selling mine before the double treasure value patch <.< 100g is a lot

18. SurgeonFish

I'm worried there may be too many legendaries, but we won't know till we see how many there are. Also I feel they should be unique to one per party to prevent massing.

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I would say one per character but party unique so you cant have doubles but that's just my opinion.

20. Sir Knight

How do you mean? By "too many," do you mean they are "too common"? I've noticed that "uncommon" and "rare" aren't really all that uncommon, but this sort of "inflation" seems to work. Or by "too many," do you mean there are literally too many types available in-game?

And unique . . . why? What's the problem with "massing"?