Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

I've said $50 per month, not per week. I'm sure you're paying much more for a gas for your car - and I don't have a car at all :)

Bandreus likes this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I saw the amount as you wrote it, my response still stands. Even if you were talking $5 a month, who's to say that $5 isn't the difference between someone eating one of the days that month or not. Are you trying to imply that getting the best items in CH is on the same level with putting gas in a vehicle that gets me to a job so I can feed, cloth and house my family? And if for you you'd say they are on the same level, on what basis do you claim to be able to determine that for me?

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Oh come on. If paying $50 per month would really leave you without the food, car and clothes, then you probably should find a part-time job instead of playing Cardhunter :) No offense, I would do that myself. When I was nearly broke myself, I had no Internet at all.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

@Ector you're missing the point. Knowing nothing about the financial state of your audience, under what circumstances do you perceive it as okay to be so audacious as to suggest what they can or cannot afford, or where they should or should not spend their money.

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Guys, you're getting very off-topic here. Let's keep the discussion on the actual items rather than the varying facets of real world economy. I suggest you continue this in pm's if you're so inclined.

Ector and Scarponi like this.
  6. El Hobbito

El Hobbito Kobold

Thx for advices, i bought Healing Hand Mace, and i think i'll pass on Snitrick's Shield, who knows... maybe it will drop some day.
    If i had free 50$ it woudn't be a problem, but since my girlfriend wants new shiny ring soon... other things have to wait. :) So to get thise 50$ i would have to cut them form my drinking funds, and my liver won't survive such long time beeing sober ;)

kogi, Sir Veza, Ector and 2 others like this.
  7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

So I ended up farming enough to get Red Flame. Coupling that with my recent Searing Pain drop, I think I'm going to have some fiery fun at the higher level adventures!

Thank goodness for speeding up the animations or I don't think I would have been able to get 2.5k gold that quickly. Plus, I didn't want to disappoint Bandreus. ;)

Anyway, Randimar, have mercy. I could use a bad draw to get my reserves back up.

Sir Veza and Bandreus like this.
  8. Ector

Ector Hydra

Holy crap, I've never seen a request to Randimar to NOT bring the good items so far! :)
    Dear Randimar, please bring all his legendaries to me :p

Bandreus likes this.
  9. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

You can have them this week. I want to PLAY the game not just FARM the game. :)

10. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

So just 2 pairs of legendary boots for me this week - Nasrum's Moccasins and Nuncible's Boots. At the start of the week I'd decided not to bother, but Nasrum's are the only boots with 2x Enchanted Harness and so do look a bit tempting.

I've got enough gold saved to buy a few legendaries - would they be on your shopping list?

11. zeroth_hour

zeroth_hour Goblin Champion

Pretty bountiful:

Legendaries (3):
    Illusion - I've heard this is good...
    St. Hongjin's Soulstone - Woohoo!!!
    St. Nyssa's Hammer - seems less useful than Healing Hand Mace, but I might try to farm for it anyway

Epics (10):
    Bloody Battleaxe
    Jackrabbit Shield
    Madman's Maul - Don't have St. Olf's Fiery Pike (or any other MF Divine Weapons), so I'll have to get this.
    Master's Battleaxe - Have one already, but could probably find a use for the second
    Pacifist Trickery
    Pirate's Rapier
    Sarigo's Wand
    Spiked Shield
    Trogsbane
    Zachary's Boots - One Violent Spin? How about two?

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't know that it's a must buy, but it's quite good for it's token cost. If you don't play SP much and have Heartripper you probably wouldn't use it often.

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

Much worse than Healing Hand Mace for a healing support. Isn't worth farming IMHO.

I'd skip this. Two Raging Strikes are too dangerous.
    I'd definitely buy the second to create a specialized chopping warrior. Add Novice Slicing and enjoy the chopping :)
    I believe there are maps where these boots are the best - such as the maps with restricted movement and one victory area.

16. Ector

Ector Hydra

Absolutely useless item, alas :( Cards like Chain Harness and Enchanted Harness can be good only in the non-armor items, since armor should have the cards you're trying to pump! For instance, one could try St. Temrun's Chainmail + Nasrum's Moccasins to get Crafted Mail with 2+ trigger. But an armor full of just armor-pumpers is a bad joke, especially legendary.

It's very very essential! If you're building an Arrogant warrior, you need to rely on getting Arrogant Armor. Even 3 copies aren't enough, but they are much better than 2 copies.

Yes, they are good armored boots. Not as good as my Quellic's Boots, but I'm the damned boot magnate thanks to Randimar :)

It's well worth 500 gold.

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

It definitely isn't a must buy, but it definitely is worth 500 gold :) There are some scenarios with big fat monsters having many cards in their hand.

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

My assortment is quite poor this week :( Nothing really flashy.

Porior's Nimble Mace. Even though I like Lunging Bash a lot, this item is clearly underpowered IMHO. A legendary weapon with such attacks could easily be tokenless, and nobody would complain about that. But the Bash cards are all overpriced, you know. I just cannot convince myself to buy this. Maybe only hoping of having it tokenless one day? I don't believe in that, alas...

Badjeera's Black Relic Solid, nice tokenless vampire item.
    Bullseye Shield. No thanks, I have my Snitrick's :)
    Chadwick's Clogs. Another boots grrrr... I have Ozerian's Boots and even use them right now :) No more boots please!
    Lattimore's Relic. I'm not a big fan of Soothing Darkness, but this can be used in a Firestorm team. Unfortunately, Purge is very situational. I fear that Twilight Talisman could be more effective.
    Quigley's Cap. Can potentially pump some armor, but that would require spending two tokens on this helm and the armor. Dash, Team! is a solid argument though so I might buy this.
    Rhood's Boots. Come on, Randimar, are you mocking me? Yes, one of the best boots in the game. But I have two already plus three Sliding Boots! NO MORE BOOTS please!
    Superb Stoutness. I wanted it a lot prior to AotA, but Duck isn't as good in the world of Unnerving Strikes as it was before :( Going to buy it and put on a shelf.
    Trickster's Blade. Hitting your enemy at range is good, but would you pay two tokens for this?
    True Mail. I believe Blessed Mail is better.
    Cleansing Hide Armor, Savage Tome, Spitting Flames, Untrained Footwork Crap IMHO.

19. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Only one item of interest this week and no legendaries :(.

What do you guys think of Silver Fir Staff? Options for single token staves were pretty limited pre AToA, but now you have nice ones like Staff Of Chask which im inclined to feel are better. I could see this being good for a electromancer, but if im going for that build i would just invest more tokens in my staff anyways for better dmg spells.

20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Comparing it to some of the better tokenless staves, I don't think Silver Fir Staff is worth the token.