[Farming] long-term strategy

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by neoncat, May 28, 2014.

1. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Yesterday I decided to go for something I had never done before: completing all the modules in one day. I wanted to see how many legendaries I could get doing so, and I have to say that it was a very good hunt. Despite the fact that I didn't get to complete all (I didn't do levels 1,2,3,8 and 9, and neither Black Plume Mountain), I got 4 legendaries, I didn't have any of them, and most of them are actually good: Fulg's Cleansing Pot, Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion,Tlaloc's Stormplate and Gauixl's Sacred Maquah. The Frenzy medallion is my first item with more than one MF, so yay!

Anyway, I wanted to know if someone has done this and what were the results, because if 4 legendaries is the average I may want to repeat it often. I feel I got lucky, because I think I got more legendaries than epics, but maybe someone who has done it before or is more fond of statistics than me could tell me if I was very lucky or if it was a normal thing.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You got lucky. :) Congratz! :) I often run 20+ adventures per day, and get no legendaries for a week or more. On other days the RNG will get happy and I'll get several in an hour or two.
    I think @Oberon ran all the adventures daily for a long time (and he still may), so he could probably give a good estimate of weekly results.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've done it twice, gotten a bunch of epics & legendaries, don't have data on it though. I'll keep track next time I do it.

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I tend to get an average of 1 epic after completing ~12 adventures. Maybe a legendary every 25-30. Most aren't new. :(

5. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Ok i will try to do it during the day and will try post here the resusts

So far: L2 and 3 modules done: 1 legendary treasure Orc Painting and 5 rares
    lv 4 and 5 modules: 4 rares and 1 epic Yolop's Talisman
    lv 6 and 7 modules: 5 rares (1 treasure) and 1 epic Red Jon's Boots
    lv 8 and 9 modules ( just realised there are a lot of this ones): 7 rares ( 1 treasure), 2 epics (Vira's Shoes, Blasting Robes , and 1 legendary Azgul's Orb

note: will leave the 7-9 aota modules to the end

lv 10 and 11 modules: Rares: 11 (2 treasures); Epics: 2 (Inkdark Halberd and 1 treasure Black Pearl )

->i closed the game and went eat, after i came again and rng gods decided to punish me,since my good luck streak from the previous modules ran out.
    lv 12 and 13 modules: Rares: 4 Epics: 1 (Axamander's Ringmail)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I haven't gotten a legendary drop in several days. A couple of epics, all 3rd or 4th copies. I guess I already knew the RNG hated me. :(

7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I've been on a hot streak lately and I haven't been running all the adventures. Legendary items I've gotten in the last 2 days.
    Chartwell's Ring
    Xemu's Staff
    Antioch's Figurine blech. My 2nd one. But it may help with Aristocat! Hehe.
    Relic Of St. Darqar Also my 2nd one.

That was over 4 or 5 hours the last 2 nights. Contrast that with this weekend where I probably played a total of 14 hours and got none.

Note: Links may not work. I can't check them as the wiki seems to be unavailable at the moment.

8. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

lv 14 and 15 modules, except citrine that is on cooldown: Rares: 2 Epic: 1 Sarigo's Wand

edited: uff lv 16 and 17 modules: 11 rares (3 treasures)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  9. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

All the adventures is somewhere over 50, for that I'd expect around 2 legendary items. On a good day a few more isn't unlikely.

With me hitting 32 or so adventures I day, most days I get 1 legendary but there are plenty of days I get multiple. Getting up above 30 helped reduce the number of days I get nothing, but it's still possible. I tend to think the number is around 25 adventures to get a legendary.

Sir Veza and neoncat like this.
  10. Igniferroque

Igniferroque Mushroom Warrior

Thank you for taking the time to share this.

11. Igniferroque

Igniferroque Mushroom Warrior

For speed farming levels 5 and 6 (e.g. running through all the stages except the last, over and over again) are three level 20s better than three level 4s?

12. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Characters get their level reduced temporary if they attempt to clear a stage that is too low level for them. The level can go as down as adventure lvl +2. So here, for the lvl 6 adventures for example, you have the choice between lvl 20 turned into level 8 guys or your level 4. Level 4 can be good if you are short on FS items but lvl 8 are better because they have more HP and they can use 2 tokens (for some better FS stuff or FS items that costs a token if you are short on tokenless ones or Advanced Flexibility if you like my swag :p).

13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

In short: time both and see what's faster for you.

Longer story: Level 4s must play Inferno staves. Maybe you don't have 6 of them, so you need these 2 tokens. Also with Inferno staves you will get many Combustibles and it's possible to lose a battle if all your chars draw a Combustible so you have to pay more attention when playing level 4s. And when you don't have Firehide Robes, then there's almost no point to play level 4s.
    It's also possible to play a mixture of 4s and higher levels.