Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Oh my poor head! Of course it's Divine Armor. If you want Arrogant Armor for a warrior, you need at least two copies (Impervious Panoply, Vinorkin's Cuirass) or all three (Bern's Untouchable Mail). One copy makes little sense, since you cannot rely on it. Will you play with buffs or without them? With them you risk losing your buffs to the Arrogant Armor. Without them your party may be weaker than the parties with them, still having little chance of protection versus enemy attachments.
    This armor could have sense if there would be a chance of getting Arrogant Armor from other items (helmet, boots, shield etc.) But there are no such chances currently.

2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

You are thinking that there are only two types of warriors: Warriors with buffs who can't afford to use Arrogant Armor, and Warriors with as much Arrogant Armor as possible, including a warrior who relies on the Arrogant to counteract negative attachments (sometimes including their own Traits!). But there are more options than just Warrior/Priest.

The fact is, an average Warrior can benefit from even a single copy of Arrogant Armor.

You don't have to dedicate your build around it, heck if you are playing with NO priest whatsoever and your wizard isn't heavy on the Cone of Cold, there is no reason not to stick Arrogant Armor on your warriors unless they are running Immovable, Blind Rage, Elven Maneuvers, etc. The warriors Martial skill traits only (occasionally) buff damage, and damage isn't everything.

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Well, there are lot of different party types in the game, but almost all of them use some attachments, even if only Blind Rage. The only popular warrior-based archetype I know that can work without attachments is a warrior-warrior-wizard Whirlwind/WWE. Quickness Aura may be good there too. Still, I feel that the blue token could be spent on boots or skill with the better results.

Yes, the armor can help him as well as harm him, if you have attachments. Playing the doubtful and unstable cards is rarely good. If you are building without attachments on purpose, then he can benefit, right, but he wouldn't be "an average warrior". He would be a special warrior designed for Arrogant Armor.

If your wizard is heavy on Cone of Cold, that's a perfect reason to use Arrogant Armor on your warriors :) You can launch Cones without encumbering your own chars. But, of course, you need 2-3 copies to have good chances of drawing the armor.

4. MysticQuail

MysticQuail Kobold

5. UiA

UiA Ogre

I would absolutely recommend this armor. Only other heavy armor with quickness aura is Goldshine Mail and reliable and arrogant are very useful to have. As far as the discussion above regarding arrogant only being viable in non-attachment builds, I just don't see it. You always have the option to discard it when it suits your needs.

6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

First, OMG Searing Pain. It's not the Flash of Agony that counts, it's the Fireballs.
    Staff Of The Arctic is one of those legendaries. You know. The ones we don't talk about, or know why they exist. Probably not worth your money.
    Also buy the Blazing Shortsword and Mouse Boots. Mouse Boots are generally better than the other tokenless Flanking Move boots; and you can never have enough Blazing Shortswords.

Back to the whole Arrogant Armor discussion, you can safely shove Arrogant Armor onto a human warrior or an elf warrior with Insight. You don't have to NOT run attaching traits; you should whether it is Crusty Helm or Weakling's Helm or Novice Bruising, Rageblood Dagger etc etc. Heck a dwarf warrior with Perfect Toughness/Solid Rock would be OK with Arrogant Armor too! The point is, as I have said before:
    there isn't a reason not to use Arrogant Armor. In fact, I would say a warrior without 2+ Elven Maneuvers/Immovable/Blind Rage or any frenzy/martyr gimmick to be an Average warrior.
    Do they need to dedicate themselves to running 2-3 Arrogant Armor to do well? No. Would it hurt them to use Bern's armor (if they can afford the major token) or the Panoply (if they can afford the Heavy Armor) ? Also no.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  7. Ector

Ector Hydra

Buy it immediately! It's probably the best attacking staff in the game. Both Fireball and Flash Of Agony are very powerful and rare, and you can avoid hitting your own chars, compared to Firestorm.

Yes, the Frosty staff is generally better - unless you're maximizing the number of Cones on your wizard for some reason. Probably not worth 2500 gold.

And it IS awesome. Buy it!
    I would skip it, but that's just me. I have enough epic and legendary boots to open a boot store already :) Well worth 500g, but if you're short on gold, you can skip these boots. There are lot of good tokenless boots in the game, and I don't like Cautious Sneak, as it restricts my movement.

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

Why do you think that having Quickness Aura on a heavy armor is good? The warriors rarely have a token on armor at all; skills and boots are usually the better places to spend the tokens. Mobility is good, right, but adding +2 movement will not help you at all if you're fighting in the tight corner, and your movement is restricted by opponent's chars. It might help you to recover from Whirlwind, but will be a dead card in combat. Sparkling Cloth Armor is much better; get Sliding Boots for your warrior.
    As for the Arrogant Armor - you cannot discard it whenever you want: you must end the turn with 3+ cards in your hand, and that might be difficult. Holy cow, I'm playing two Arrogant Armors on my Firestorming priest dozens time a day, so I know how often my Altruism gets discarded :) But that's a Firestorm team; I launch so many Firestorms that the Arrogant Armor is worth the disadvantages. And that's SP: a stupid AI often tries to attach something nasty to my priest. The discussed armor will perform very poorly in MP, unless you want it for the Whirlwinds. It may be a great defense against WW/WWE too, so it may be worth 500g, but I'd better run the elves.

9. UiA

UiA Ogre

Why do I think its good?

Specifically, I use it all the time for farming lvl 17 adventures with frenzied dwarf party, the slimes in swamp king cast encumber, the imps can outrun you in lair of the dragon, and it makes getting to and killing the 3 party members in cardstock II all the much faster, granted I'm using necalli cap for this, but I really don't question the value of quickness aura in general, and having more options is always better then less (not having an armor with it)

Yes not always, but in my experience its really not that hard to work around, if you truly feel the need to get rid of the armor you can for the most part. I use lots of firestorm too but just different build philosophies I guess. For firestorm for my priest, I've always found reliable armor to be more than adequate since it effectively negates each firestorm to 2 dmg with no burn (or 2 burn with firestarter) though my priest relies on a lot of self healing from vampire attacks.

From a PVP standpoint with the current maps I'd agree but for the future who knows?

Anyways he was asking for experience on using the armor and I've used it, including my regular troll tyrant farm build, and was just providing feedback I think its pretty decent. Well worth 500g imo

Sir Veza and Ector like this.
  10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

The way I see it, the Plates of Ixicha is a unique heavy armor that combines Arrogant Armor plus Quickness Aura. Both help against Encumber.
    They are good for a dwarf with a blue token to spare. I would pick the Plates over Impervious Panoply or True Mail most of the time.
    I even thought of a build that would be good for it.

11. Ector

Ector Hydra

I also have a decent number of Cones of Cold, and the Arrogant Armor allows me to ignore the presence of my own priest in the cold area. Plus, my Holy Knight Armor also has Holy Armor which regains a lot of health for my wizards.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

Arrogant Armor also helps you in combat (1.5 damage prevention on average) while Quickness Aura does almost nothing.

13. dermondieu

dermondieu Kobold

one legendary and it's Xemu's Staff , seems quite strong for tokenless, but too many cards variation on 1 item

and the epics this week
    Blackhammer Might buy it just for my collection because I haven't got the pizza for the campaign, I don't know
    Cintxotl Mail Barbed Plate plus Reliable Mail combination looks interesting
    Healing Hand Mace would be my third, I think I just pass this one
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike instant buy I guess

some notable rares
    Displacing Staff I'm tempted by punishing bolt, any thought?
    Dependable Mail a second dependable mail on wwp MF deck?
    and a third Slippery Shield seems like an overkill

14. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

3rd Slippery shield is the 1st insta-buy there ;)
    St Olf is the 2nd one.
    Other than that buy what you wish :) Nothing more is a must although 100g for Dependable Mail is fair and cheap.

15. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Xemu's Staff I just got and instantly replaced my other staff on my FS team. Since then the draws I get have been kind of strange. I'm thinking of going back to my Staff Of The Misanthrope. If it drops, cool, but I don't think I would buy it.

Cintxotl Mail I use regularly. I like the armors and the heal is ok in a pinch.
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike Yep. Insta-buy. I've been using that regularly for a long time.

16. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Bandreus likes this.
  17. El Hobbito

El Hobbito Kobold

Ok, Santa brought me to shop this two shiny things, i can afford them but it'd leave me with empty pockets.

First is Snitrick's Shield, second Healing Hand Mace. I dont have place for them in my current build, but both are great... would you spend all your gold on them for future builds?
    For PvP ATM as tokenless shield i'm using Twisting Shield - its quite decent, and when i need team heal i've St. Nyssa's Hammer in my backpack.

What do you thing?

18. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

19. kogi

kogi Ogre

Snitrick's Shield Nice, but not worth the Legendary price
    Healing Hand Mace Love it, Has a bit more damage than Nyssa's

20. Ector

Ector Hydra

My supporting priest in the Firestorm team is using both items all the time (for SP farming). Snitrick's Shield is much better there than any other tokenless shield, as you rarely need "block melee" cards, but constantly need "block any" cards. You own Firestorms guarantee that the priest will be below half health almost always :) So, believe me, it's well worth the Legendary price, buy it.
    Healing Hand Mace is the best weapon for the same priest at high level scenarios and even in MP. It's much better than St.Nyssa's Hammer, since it has two very powerful attacks, one Shredding Strike to remove enemy armor (which allows the enemy to survive your Firestorms) and more healing cards. St. Nyssa's Hammer is a niche weapon when you need Acrobatic Flip.
    I recommend buying both, you won't regret.