Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Yeah well, it's a matter of perspectives. Wavy was asking if the item was good, and I think she got the answer she was looking for. But the final decision should be hers and hers alone. She's not questioning if she should buy a Vibrant Pain, or a similarly valuable item after all.

Furthermore, I think she's obviously a newer player, so it's likely buying the Bloody Command would mean giving up most (if not all) of her cash.

So yeah, what I say is: you really like the item that much? Then definitely buy it. But otherwise chances are the 2.5k might be spent in ways much more beneficial to your collection. Bloody Command certainly is a bloody good item, but much better stuff can be bought with that amount of gold.

You'll be able to go crazy with buying stuff at Randimar's once you've collected the required FS items for high efficiency farming.

My 2c

wavy likes this.
  2. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

So I should know the answer to this question, but I can't find it anywhere. When does Randimar's reset? I thought it was Sunday, but it looked like last week it was new on Sunday.

Thanks! Trying to gauge how much time I have left to farm.

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Between Saturday and Sunday, midnight UTC. 34 hours to go.

Sorreah and hatchhermit like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Provided anything worth buyng shows up.

5. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Think I'll save my gold for a must-have item or two... thanks for all the advice though.

btw sorry to disappoint but I'm no girly, just another bloke who can't believe he's already forty-something :(

hatchhermit and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Sry about that. I might be wrong (not a nat English speaker), but I think it's common place using the f gender when a person's gender is unknown?

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Buck up! You'll soon grow out of it and miss your 40s. ;)

wavy likes this.
  8. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

As a native English speaker, I don't think this is what we do. I think the speaker usually tends to use their own gender when the gender is unknown.

9. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

No problem Bandreus - not easy to guess from a forum alias. Your English is very good anyway - you could pass for a native.

hatchhermit likes this.
  10. Questor

Questor Ogre

I am also part of the older generation and i think it is common for us in any language to assume that chances are low that we speak to a female gamer. So we automatically use the male form.

The issue is solved but since i hate going totally offtopic:
    That is actually a very true point you make but it is not the case for Hand Of Vicna and Bloody Command.
    A comparison in the wiki shows that all three of the other items with Wall of Stone for a silver token are better or at least as random as the Hand.
    And if you want a human skill with Sprint, Team! there is always Advanced Command which is even better if your goal is mobility which obviously is if you want Sprint Team. A Bloodied Block is nice if you lost half of your hitpoints but if not it is a really dead card, a simple Run on the other hand is almost always useful.
    And all of those alternatives are epics, so the chances are good that they show up at randimars or even drop.

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Correction: if you lost even one HP. Half is the other, old card (Wounded Block). This is the new AotA card.

12. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Don't misunderstand Bloodied Block with Wounded Block. the first one from aota has its chances increased if you are below full health unlike the second one from teh basic set which requires you to be below half health.

Otherwise I do agree that there is no real need to buy the Legendary human skill. The only case where I like having command cards on a human, is on a human wizz teamed with 2 dwarfs. And for that I prefer the cheap (only rare) Perfect Command caus with 2 good command cards it serves more its purpose. There is also the cheap version of the Perfect command for only one blue token (Trained Command or maybe a better one I don't own) but the Perfect command is really better and a wizz can often free a gold token unlike a warrior.

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

IT"S NOT CALLED HAND OF VICNA!!!
    It's Hand Of Wicna. Drives me crazy, there's no point using the links if they don't work!

Otherwise, Bloody Command is a really nice human skill, but that isn't saying much and it's probably not worth it for any newish player to blow 2500g on it unless said player is loaded.

14. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

zeroth_hour and Bandreus like this.
  16. Ector

Ector Hydra

I strongly disagree here. Bimson's Hard Stone is better only at the maps with narrow passages where a single acid square may block the passage. Eye Of Wicna is better only if you're playing Whirlwind, which generally makes a bad synergy with building walls. What is the sense of building walls if you can trap yourself? Path Of Knives is a good card that can be used almost everywhere.

Jarmo already explained your mistake about Bloodied Block, so I will skip that. This skill offers 3 great cards for a blue token, without any weak cards. I have two of them and would buy the third - yes, it's that good, especially Sprint, Team!.

Please, don't mislead the new players with the faulty recommendations like using the items that are "not much worse" than the legendaries. Tauri's Stone Maze differs from Hand Of Wicna in a one card, but it's MUCH worse :) IMHO there can be only two reasons to skip the good legendaries: the player doesn't have the money or isn't playing seriously enough.

17. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

OK, so Vecna, Wicna, just keep it straight.

Eye of Wicna would be the perfect item for my build in Death March. Having both Wall of Stone and Whirlwind- beautiful. Otherwise it is an oddball item but still only costs 1 blue.

Otherwise, as good as Hand of Wicna is, path of knives VS Acid Blast VS Force Bolt... seriously not a big deal. Is Path of Knives good? Yes. Is it 2000 g good? No.

wavy likes this.
  18. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Bandreus and Jarmo like this.
  19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Good Job!

I was able to get Raging Battler, Firehide Robes, Eixocl's Hammer and Crespin's Shroud. Plus I still have my collection of treasure for next week. Er, more like 4 1/2 hours.

Bandreus, hatchhermit and Jarmo like this.
  20. Ector

Ector Hydra

Well OK, if taking one crappy card to get two good cards is "not a big deal", let's play such items in all slots! Unfortunately, having 1/3 of bad cards in a deck is having a very bad deck :)

(facepalm) :rolleyes: Are we paying for the Path of Knives here? No. We are paying for a nice package of two Walls and Path of Knives for a blue token. Is it 2500g good? Yes it is, since if you would ever need the walls, you're likely to prefer this item.