Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Lol. I don't get your emoticon Bandreus. :) Is it not worth it?

Yeah, I know that about Instant Burn. Orange Staff is definitely 3rd on the list for this week.

Oooh, ok, that makes sense. I was here for Halloween, but missed Christmas so I didn't see any of the special items. "Holy Knight". Hah. :)

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Possibly a "Do you really have to ask?" thing. I don't have one yet, and I really want one.

Bandreus likes this.
  3. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I figured it was an obvious choice. Double FS and tokenless. I don't have a FS team and haven't done any research into it. This is as good a time as any to get started on it. Especially if I can snag the orb.

Sir Veza and Bandreus like this.
  4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

What he said. Only two three 2x FS arcane items in the game. If either of those show up in Randimar's, you buy without wondering if you should. Well, that's if you're valuely interested in farming SP at all.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  5. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Azgul's Orb
    Brin's Storm Locket
    Chartwell's Ring

That's three to me. Still doesn't restrain me from having none :(

Bandreus likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Wow, Squidy! 87% and no 2x Firestorm, no VP, no Loch ...
    Sorry bro. :( I hope the RNG shifts kindly for you soon.

Squidy likes this.
  7. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

Advanced Crushing

First item in Randi's for a long time to make me pause and consider worth. Opinions on whether I should purchase or not? I currently have 3k gold stashed and would need to rebuild supply in case of other good legendaries at the reset.

8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Advanced Crushing certainly looks nice, but... in my opinion, if you need to go almost broke for grabbing it, well that's not really worth it (again, imho!)

This is meanly because
    1) On a warrior, you more often than not want to spend the tokens on good weapons/shiled/armor/helm
    2) Crusher's +2 damage only applies to crushing attacks (i.e. pretty much bludgeons and little else), and chances are those are going to make up only a portion of your warrior's arsenal.

All in all, I wouldn't get it. Unless I was swimming in gold, that is. But even then, maybe you want to build a really focused warrior, then the expense might be justified.

9. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

I'm leaning towards to don't buy side myself. Comparing it to a close equivalent, Trained Crushing, Trained may be the better option for the same token cost, if I were to use a martial slot for crusher rather than team moves. Although Crusher does also apply to Bashes and any other crushing blows (most of the new AotA melee attack cards) which makes it good, it's probably only really worthwhile in SP which I am not motivated to spend that kind of gold on.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I used Advanced Crushing a lot on the test server. It works very well in SP, and is good in MP if you run Infused Greatclubs, but there is a big difference in having it drop and shelling out 2500 for it. It's good, but if bludgeons and bashes aren't your style it may not be worth it.

hatchhermit likes this.
  11. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Advanced Crushing is really nasty on the right maps with things like Blocking Mace and Infused Greatclub. Thing is, on larger maps where you need to use Lochaber/Rageblood/Double-Edged/Shortsword, it really doesn't work. Damage isn't everything.

Bandreus and Sir Veza like this.
  12. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

So in my quest for the orb, I realize that there's a Firehide Robes in Randimar's too. This would be my 3rd one getting the first two from drops. So I bought that to help farm for the orb. I figure it's another tokenless Double FS.

Bandreus and Sir Veza like this.
  13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

:eek: - I have never seen either the orb or the robes and run the mines daily! Oh well, glad someone's getting them :).

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Three legendaries for me this week...

I can definitely see a use for Meztis Wyrmhide Robes; seems to be the only item with 2x Mystical Wyrmhide. On the other hand(!), Hand Of Wicna doesn't seem to be enough of an upgrade from The Soulstone (I have two) to be worth the gold.
    The third is Bloody Command - I only play SP at the moment and tend to play dwarves so it doesn't look like a good investment ATM.

15. Questor

Questor Ogre

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Wavy, you are right, Meztis Wyrmhide Robes are nice, but mainly they are good for the level 18 AoTA adventures. Still, as much fun as it is to stick Blizzard Breath to Blitzkenripper, it's not really necessary. They are also kind of neat to use in MP, although as mentioned not as good as SCA or Resistant Hide.
    You're right about Hand of Wicna, It's not worth paying 2500 for if you have enough other WoS items. Still, I have two of those and they're great.
    Bloody Command is amazing, in any situation. It combines 3 of the best cards that can be on a Human Skill for only a (minortoken)! You should buy it even if you won't use it yet.

17. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

OK, thanks for the input guys - looks like I'll pass on the robes after all.
    Is Bloody Command really enough of an upgrade from Advanced Command to justify the 2500 (although I don't have Advanced Command either)?

I must get round to trying out other races properly - the only fully-levelled party I have in SP is all dwarves.

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hand Of Vicna and Bloody Command should be bought. The Hand is very good, all three cards; it's probably the best Wall of Stone item for (minortoken).

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

"Should be bought" is questionable. Depends on 1) She actually needs/wants the items 2) She would actually put those to use in a suitable build 3) She doesn't need to save up gold for buying something else she needs more.

Ofc, in an ideal situation where you have plenty of gold (or you can spare the time for farming) and don't need to save up for other items, then ofc you would want to buy both. The items are certainly good, but only you (the buyer) can make the final call depending on your needs, wants, and available gold.

20. Ector

Ector Hydra

We both know the nature of Cardhunter: one needs the good items to make the good decks. The good items appear rarely, especially the legendary ones, so if one passes his chance now, he may never get the items again. That's why I write "should be bought".
    Even if she doesn't need the items now, she will eventually need them. They can be replaced by the other items, but these items are going to be worse or pursuit a different tactics.