[BUG] Dead battles in the MP "Games in Progress" list

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jarmo, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There have been two dead battles in the bottom of the MP "Games in Progress" list for three-four days now. Please delete these spectator traps. If you click on them, you are stuck in the loading animation until you reload the game site.

I'm a little perplexed why you, Blue Manchu, would leave these be for such a long time. Haven't you noticed them? Haven't they bothered you at all? Are you going to do the same if such stragglers come up again? I haven't come up with any explanation for not killing them at first notice.

Dead battles.jpg

2. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Hey Jarmo,

Thanks for pointing this out. This is the first time I've heard the issue so please rest assured that we aren't just leaving the battles there out of spite for our players. We'll get it taken care of.

Thanks!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

So, when we release the new build (very soon), it will kill all dead rooms. That should clear it up.

EDIT: And they're cleared!

ParodyKnaveBob, Pengw1n and Jarmo like this.
  4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for clearing the list!
    I get it you personally as the forum manager don't look at it but hasn't any of you scrolled down the battle list for several days? Or no automatic alarms for dead battles? Feels weird to me.
    I'm not suggesting anything like that. I know you guys respect your players, probably too much for your own good :).

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Hmm, as you were already planning the dead battle -killing build, maybe you wanted to keep the authentic dead battles around to live test the new feature once the build was released?

6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

It's the same process as killing them manually, I would wager - just done automagically now. Just keep us in the know if it doesn't work as intended ;)

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Zombie battles are a sign that the server side code didn't clean something up properly. I don't think we've eliminated all the causes yet as I saw one yesterday.

It was a casual invite match, so I suspect that has something to do with it. We'd certainly appreciate any further reports that could help us figure out what might be happening.

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There's one like that now idling on the live server for you to use in debugging. I think it's been there at least since yesterday. It's "spuzva's battle vs ZeTropa".

9. Jon

Thanks, cleaned that one up. Still looking for the cause.

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Another one hopefully usable as debug fodder: "Jonathan_Betancourt's battle vs Morechairs53". My, what nicks.

Phaselock likes this.
  11. Jon

Thanks, I've actually found what I think is causing this.

Jarmo and Flaxative like this.
  12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Great! Thus doth progress progress.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There's another zombie match in MP.
    "Soda_q's battle vs Lynn216".

14. Java

Java Kobold

The weird thing is, I'm quite sure I remember a previous zombie match with the exact same pair of players, maybe around the time of the first or second set of leagues? It was before the latest map rotation for sure. I wonder if checking out the last one would help the devs fix this bug.

15. Jon

I believe these are created when you get two overlapping casual game invites (i.e. player A invites player B at the same time B invites A). I know it needs fixing but just haven't got around to it yet.

Jarmo and Flaxative like this.
  16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's quite natural as a pair of friends would often be arranging shared casual matches.

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

There are two dead battles in MP where the opponent is listed only as (0).

18. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

There is a third dead battle in the list, a casual match: "Retread vs. Merble"

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

"lalloman's battle vs Clash270000"

It's dead, Jim.

Farbs likes this.
  20. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ta. Have scraped it off the road.

Jarmo likes this.