Vampire Priest

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by PIZZA, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I like it so far, though I get paired lowly in MP. 4 feels about right given the amount of cycling going on. While I like nimble strikes as much as the next guy I want the damage buffs along with them.

I'm never really happy running a dedicated support priest in MP. They do some good stuff, but I want just a bit more out of them. The vampire priests ability to drop all his attacks at once is a nice boost.

NotDeadYet
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

GourdGoombah
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Death'sFriendBarry
    Level 1 Elf Priest

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah that seems like a fine build.
    Then again, any build with Vibrant Pain seems like a fine build lol.

Nice to see you're running my vial :3

Stexe likes this.
  3. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Ohh man, I pulled a Superb Trickery today, now I know it doesn't have the card drawing of Escapist but it's too good not to use when you're running an elf.

4. The Final Doorman

The Final Doorman Orc Soldier

My attempt at an all in vampire priest:

Malack
    Level 20 Elf Priest

You have 80 damage from drain attacks, which is the highest you can achieve while running Focused Healer. You also have 11 cards that cycle to thin your deck. Additionally, in the spirit of the classic vampire, you don't use any minor power tokens. Finally, Flax's is better than Wuuna's ;)

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Didn't realize you had 3x Flax's, that's amazing. Let me know your results with this build, it makes me so proud *sniff*

neoncat likes this.
  6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Didn't know vampires don't have any good minor token items, looks so sad wasting 4 tokens :(

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

8. Sir_Gamealot

Sir_Gamealot Kobold

Dear Vampire Folks!

I keep getting quite frustrated about my Vampire build. I've been collecting the Vampire Items now for some time, since Flaxative first posted his Vampire build. I think I have some decent items, but I somehow can't put together a working build. I am now at mid 1300 ranking and whenever I started playing my vamps I fell down into the low 1200. But I'd like to go 1500 + :)

I would want to play it with a support priest, a vampire and a step attack warrior.
    (sorry but yet I don't know how to link the items to the wiki, I'll edit my post when I know)

As the vampire and the Step warrior seem to work quite well I cannot find the right balance for my support priest. I either have to much Mass Frenzy or to less, he has the wrong support cards or no attacks when he is in problems...

What are your opinions?

For the Support priest I have the following items available:

divine weapons:
    2 Saint Olf's Fiery Pierce
    2 Healing Handmace
    3 White Glow Flails
    2 Nimbus blade

Shield: Probably I'd use Twisting shield or Slippery Shield

Armor:

Inspiring Armor
    Angel's Strapping
    Mail of the Martyr
    Mail of Succor

Divine Item

3 Shruddering Relic
    1 Bleneth's Skull
    1 Bleneth's Frenzy tome
    1 Shielding Token
    2 Roil of nether fog

Boots
    a lot of option

divine skill
    3 Talented Healer
    or some piety items

And finally Human/Dwarf or Elf?

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Dear Fellow Vamper

Part of it depends on how you want to use your support priest. If you're willing to keep them in the background and try not to engage with them, then more support cards are better, if you want to use them as a third attack piece, then you'd want to lean toward attacks. The key is to play accordingly to your build - if you put mostly support cards on the priest don't run in with them to fight (even if they draw some attack cards) unless it's of a great benefit to you (such as to finish off an opponents character) because you may not be able to get away later.

That said I'd go with your St. Olafs', or maybe one Handmace depending on how tokens play out. The Bleneth Skull for sure, and some Shuddering Relics. Get a Divine Skill that maximizes Altruism (again thinking support here, not primarily a second Vamp). Mostly play around with your other options and see what you like. Try a combination, play at least 10 games to see how it plays, and make a small change. Repeat until you're satisfied. I suggest playing at least 10 games with each variation because you could get some weird draws in just a couple games (you draw all your Mass Frenzys early and decide you have too many when in actuality you just had a random unusual draw, and over 10 games you'd realize the number was about right).

Personally I prefer a Human support priest because of the team movement help, but again, depends on what you want to do with them.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  10. Hock Faraday

Hock Faraday Orc Soldier

Glasod's Dark Skull costs a minor token, and Bynzer's Black Spear costs two. ;)

There actually is such a thing as too much Mass Frenzy (i.e. when you have more than two in hand between your two priests if you already have Mass Frenzy active). If you are going the two-priest route, you might want to consider having some Mass Frenzy on your vamp's loadout so that he's not completely neutered if your support priest goes down early. You'll also want to have some decent attacks on your support priest so he can defend himself if he gets Whirlwind-ed into a corner.

I am a big fan of St. Olf's Fiery Pike more so than the other D-Weapons you listed.

I run all Dwarf in my 1 warrior/2 priest setup, mainly because Solid Rock is so good. I tried running a Human support priest with Advanced Flexibility but I found that I missed having that extra Parry and Toughness.

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hmmm, hadn't considered this before - can I ask how high this build got you?

12. Hock Faraday

Hock Faraday Orc Soldier

Almost to 1600, but that was before AotA came out.

EDIT - the 2 dwarf 1 human only got to about 1530-ish.

Scarponi likes this.
  13. Sir_Gamealot

Sir_Gamealot Kobold

Hey, I just overworked my vamps. Hock Faradays idea with a solid rock dwarf vampire was very inspiring. Also I experimented around with the support priest, as you guys suggested
    + I threw in some team run to make up for the lacking mobility of the dwarf vamp.

I only played a few matches so far with it, but I am convinced that this is the best vamp build I ever had :)
    Thanks brothers!

Josip
    Level 1 Human Priest

Ulrik
    Level 18 Dwarf Warrior

Feldon
    Level 19 Dwarf Priest

Hock Faraday and Flaxative like this.
  14. Accent

Accent Hydra

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

As far as I know, the 'reason' is the same reason most things aren't in the game: just that there is a limited amount of content. I'd love to see more vamp support :)

16. Accent

Accent Hydra

17. eldecrok

eldecrok Kobold

I love Vamp, but there needs to be a vamp Killer too. Maybe stake items should stop healing?

Mmmm... Steak... BRB!
    (Seriously though, love the concept of current vamp characters)

18. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Theres a monster card called Open Wound that attaches and prevents health gain. Dont think the bloodpriest saw any love in the current Aloyzo, too bad, open wound seems like an interesting card to bring into PvP.

19. eldecrok

eldecrok Kobold

Next month, It's going in for the Black Friday Madness. I promise... if they let us

20. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.