Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

I'd buy those four unless you're short on money. Spear and Dagger are decent weapons, especially for handicap quests. Staff and Divine Item are worth 100 gp as well IMHO.

2. Ector

Ector Hydra

It's a techy item for the lovers of Lunging Bash. Should be tokenless, of course, to be a worthy legendary weapon.

This IS really good. Big attacks are useful to finish off the enemy warrior who is trying to get closer to your Firestorm wizards :)

It's quite powerful, I've played it. Well worth 500 gold.
    Why do you think the boots with such amazing cards can be not good enough for a wizard?

Rageblood Dagger and Trembling Staff are well worth 100 gold, buy them if you don't have them yet.

3. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Looks like another week of disappointment in my RR's:

Again no legendaries (3rd week and counting)

Epics:
    Apprentice Command
    Basher's Delight
    Bloody Shield
    Jackrabbit Shield
    Jaguar Buckler
    Manifold Medic
    Nifty Halberd
    Robe Of Useful Things
    Sarigo's Wand
    Savage Plates
    Scintillating Robes
    Staff Of Blazing Sparks
    Xipe's Maquah

Jaguar Buckler might be worth a second look. I guess Blitzkenripper wouldn't like Xipe's Maquah, but that'd be instead of a weapon with Impenetrable Nimbus. Some good rares, but nothing exceptional.

4. Ector

Ector Hydra

Now it's my turn. This week is a week of legendaries for me... the crappy legendaries alas :(

Absolem's Leather Shoes. I feel that it should have Enchanted Harness for a legendary item, Leather Harness is too weak. Still, it may find a place in some heavy-armored build, especially in combination with some Drakehide :)
    St. Hongjin's Soulstone. Not the best Mass Frenzy item for sure. There are better epics.
    St. Nyssa's Hammer. Almost directly worse than Healing Hand Mace, if you don't need to push the enemy away. If you do though, then it may be better: there are two pushing cards.

Bimson's Hard Stone. This is the best item I've got. I'm not a fan of building walls, but this stone has no weak cards at least.
    Dorimer's Boots. Too weak for a yellow token IMHO.
    St. Voral's Charm. Could probably work for a vampire priest. Or not?
    Xalanen's Boots. Very good, but I have two already. Would you buy the 3rd copy?

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  5. Ector

Ector Hydra

Believe me, good epics are better than bad legendaries :) Just look at mine...

I've played it in a Triple Duel and enjoyed it. It's the probably the best bashing weapon in the game.

May be better than the most popular shields, as you keep the Dodge.
    One of the best tokenless weapons in the game. I wish I'd have it...

The Absolute Enemy Mover :) What's not to like?

A very powerful staff!
    I don't like this. Two tokens are still two tokens, even blue, and Demonic Revenge is the card I'm trying to avoid.

Your assortment is obviously much better than mine, despite the lack of legendaries :)

6. MysticQuail

MysticQuail Kobold

Unfortunately nothing legendary but some interesting epics:

Battered Holy Mail - reliable mails are great - and wavering faith is not terrible
    Impervious Panopoly - My setup at the moment uses quite a few attachments, but that could change.
    Salazar's Sandals - team run is great, but I already have Rhood's Boots which I think are better
    Staff Of Peril - this actually seems really good for a tokenless staff- just not sure how much to worry about the unstable bolt...

Also some rares I think I should grab

Shielding Token 2 x nimbus!
    Crimson Robe
    Silver Helmet
    St Forgue's Sword first time ive seen a mind worm - and it looks way better than just bronze rating - I guess in SP it isn't nearly as strong
    Vampire's Blade

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I breafly checked Randimar's stock for the week and didn't see anything particularly fancy. I'll post when I have the time to check the lot more carefully.

But the old fella bringing Bohemian Ear Spoon for the second week in a row... I guess he's trolling hard on me

8. Belenus

Belenus Kobold

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The mail was the first item I got in beta that had Reliable Mail, and it's great if you don't have other strong armors for your priest.

The staff is wonderful for SP farming: Firestorm wizards don't need to move, it has a bunch of good ranged attacks, and best of all it doesn't have Combustible! (And you can attack your allies with the Curse if you have to.)

The token is probably the best Nimbus item in the game. It showed up in my shop right after release (when I couldn't afford it), and I've never seen it since.:(

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Unfortunately, it IS terrible, as you're losing two cards for their one. You will eventually find a Blessed Mail, which is much better.
    Buy it, you won't regret that.
    Do you have 2-3 Rhood's? If not, you should buy these.
    You will find the better tokenless staves, skip it.

Really good trinket.
    No. Cloth Armor is crappy, and you will rarely spend a token on the robe at all.
    The cards seem nice, but your warriors will rarely have a token for this.
    Too weak for an attacking priest, just one support card for the supporting priest. Skip it.
    This is considered to be the best weapon of vampire priest.

11. Ector

Ector Hydra

Buy it immediately! I am very jealous :)
    I use it for my supporting priest in the low-level Firestorm farming. All three cards are good.
    This one is interesting. Generally the wizards use the tokenless robes, but this one can be used by a Firestorm wizard if you don't have Firehide Robes. Still, I guess you can skip it if you don't have the gold for all three legendaries.

This one looks good for a vampire priest.

Man, Randimar really likes you! Enjoy!

Bandreus likes this.
  12. kogi

kogi Ogre

I quite like crimson robe for my firestorm build, plenty of spare tokens and dodge is always good

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I guess the only item worth being posted for this week is Yolotli Armor. I might buy it for my collection for using it, especially given how buggy Barbed Plate is

14. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Illusory Barrier + WWE is the ultimate troll build - just plaster the map with barriers and your opponent will never be able to reach you. See if you can pick up some of the 2x BoI arcane items. (ok, maybe not completely serious here...)

Even with the bugs, Yolotli Armor is still completely amazing. I have to have a good reason to run any other armor on my warriors.

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

And see, last week when I had Yolotli Armor in my Randy's, I was convinced by someone NOT to buy it. o_0 Thanks guys! This is why you should follow this rule- when you see a level 18 item in the shop you aren't sure about, BUY IT. They don't come around often.

I have to point out that Xipe's Maquah has Unnerving Strike, not Shredding/Sundering Strike, and despite fighting Blitzkenripper about 10 times, I've seem about 8 Alabaster Wyrmhide and 2 Toughness to 1 Reflecting Block or whatever it's called. So good against the dragon? No. Good for some drawback quests? Sure.

Jaguar Buckler isn't worth squat IMO. What exactly do you like about it? The Acrobatic Flip? Sure it's the only blue shield that isn't legendary or have a drawback (Acrobat's Aegis) but still, I would totally pass on this unless you have cash to burn. Acrobatic Flip isn't worth it.

In case you hadn't noticed, you should grab Nifty Halberd and Staff Of Blazing Sparks.
    Hint Hint.

Absolem's Leather Shoes are tokenless, and that is key. The Leather Harness may not seem like much but certainly when combined with some Officer's Harness, Barbed Platemail or Mystical Wyrmhide/Drakehide it makes a big difference.

I do like St. Hongjin's Soulstone but unless you love Spear of Darkness Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion and Bleneth's Frenzy Charm are both a little bit better in their respective ways, but still. It's usable I guess.

I also like Dorimer's Boots. It's the only way to get Quick Run and Flanking Move on boots- and Escaping Run doesn't hurt either. Unfortunately, it is a bit costly but for a vampire priest running lots of Spear of Darkness or a stabby warrior this might come in handy.

St. Voral's Charm seems pretty meh to me.

I don't get why people like Necalli Charm. It's OK. So many items like it though, I would never spend the money on it.

I don't like Xalanen's Boots for one reason- the Shimmering Aura. On the other hand, having a Healing Dash and Officer's Harness redeem it. That being said, if you have 2 you probably shouldn't buy a third. A few days after you do it will drop and then you will smack yourself for the 500g you just lost. That's just how it works. You can live without it I'm sure.

I would also recommend Staff Of Peril, for drawback quests, although Unstable Staff is practically the same thing, possibly better... oh wait never mind.

Roaring Staff would be sweet for fighting trees, and very playable in MP too- especially if combined with Red Flame (or Staff Of The Fire God) and any Glob of Flame/Flame Jet arcane items. Buy it!

16. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

They may not be worth it for normal mp, but Xalanen's Boots are excellent for Golden Shrine, where Shimmering Aura is a desirable armor and you also need all the healing you can have. This item provides you with both, and an useful OH as a plus. I use 2 of them in that map. So, if anyone care about that league, I suggest buying it. The same goes if you find any Iberial's Boots or Vira's Shoes. If you don't care about this league, then I guess they are not worth it.

17. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

This one I can advertise for it :)

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

What's amazing there? Barbed Platemail is cool, right. Enchanted Harness is *potentially* good if you combine it with the other armor. But you realize that you are going to draw both cards very rarely, aren't you?
    And I'm sure you know that Mail is a crappy armor without Enchanted Harness. So, you are really going to spend a YELLOW token on this??? On your warrior, where every token is precious, especially the yellow one? The only armor worthy the yellow token I know is Bern's Untouchable Mail. It provides 3 unique cards that protect your char from everything, and you don't need to assemble combos here: just one Arrogant Armor of three. With Yolotli, you will have a decent hand with one Barbed Platemail, but a mediocre hand with one Harness, and a bad hand with one Mail. No, thanks :)
    Honestly, if I ever want Barbed Platemail, I will play Spiked Tlahuiztli. It isn't as shiny, but at least it's tokenless!

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  19. Ector

Ector Hydra

I don't care about the league, but I'm running a Firestorm team (both in SP and MP), and Shimmering Aura is welcome there :)

Jacques likes this.
  20. Ector

Ector Hydra

I guess it was me :) See my description above. I've saved you some gold :)

Thanks for the hint! I've explored the items, and looks like these are really the only tokenless boots with two Harness. Nasrum's Mocassins are better, but not as better to justify a yellow token :) It could be probably a nice combo with Holy Breastplate for a Firestorm team.

I'd buy it if it would be tokenless, but not for a token.

Not for a yellow token, alas.

A tokenless item with two good vampiric attacks and a good heal? It's more than just OK.

Last edited: May 19, 2014