Need help beating Diamonds of the kobolds

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Anyone have any solid tips the first map is beating me every single time despite me having a flame wiz and a cleave warrior just slaughtering masses of them.

2. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Skip it, this level is outrageously difficult compared to missions after it. All of the monsters require 2-3 good hits a piece, they have long range heavy attacks and a AoE heal spamming priest =/ Monsters in a group can only attack once per turn, but when they have movement/ranged attacks they can all squeeze in attacks and its too much. Maybe if you get FireWall, that can do a lot.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Thanks for the heads up then will skip it as it seams ridiculously hard!

4. Cerebral Paladin

Cerebral Paladin Mushroom Warrior

I got clobbered the first time I tried it. The second time (a level or two higher, with some better equipment), I cleared it relatively easily. In the first battle, what I did was to mostly gang up on the avengers. I was able to bottle neck them, so I could kill them one at a time, hitting them with a mix of close melee cards, stabs, and ranged spells. Meanwhile, my third character held off the spearmen and cleric (and killed one or two). That went much better than getting in a general combat with all of them and getting attacked from both sides. :)

But I also agree that if you find it too hard, move on to the next adventure, and then come back to this one.

5. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

I dont know how you managed to bottle neck them when they have several lunging pushback attacks, thats all they ever seemed to hit with, push you back and pour out. Between drawing cards and rolling dice its just too much of a headache to attempt some dungeons.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ahh, DarkDain. Sometimes, the answer is to look within; but sometimes, the answer is to look behind.

(Which is to say I back up into the two-by-two "entryway" into the map, right behind your characters. Weaken the enemies as they cross the long distance, particularly ones with Stabs, and stockpile/cast whatever preparatory spells you can for the subsequent melee slog. Pushback? You fill three out of four squares and have a wall at your back: it almost doesn't matter.)

Scyrax likes this.
  7. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Very rarely do I move my own guys. I let the enemy come to me and hit them with shock spells. My warrior had mostly ranged 2 attacks and I use my priest to ither hit them with violent strike or use his "ally draw" cards to get more cards in their hands.

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

You guys seam to have had so much better cards then me cant really progress right now as both modules available are insanely hard for me. >.<

9. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Yeah i wish i had bought the MP packs :eek:

10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Again, you can hardly use them with starting low-level characters. Most of the pack items have talent requirements. By the time you can actually use most of that gear . . . you'll have leveled beyond Diamonds of the Kobolds.

11. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Still want to complete it to see the challenges, havnt found ANY dwarf only, just human or elf racially ><

EDIT: just noticed this one was completed, i must be thinking of a different map with lots of kobolds