Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

In fairness, it has a good card and a pretty good card, and it's tokenless. I don't use mine either, but sometimes think I might. To me, it's an item that drops, not one that is bought.
    But if you want to be convinced, maybe Oberon will pipe up. He is quite the salesman.

2. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

My turn to ask for advice! Troll's Ire and Savage Plates. I'm leery of the Troll's Ire just due to it not having a full 6 attack cards. I've never done a Savage Curse setup before, but I do run buff-priests, and being able to toss either a Martyr's Blessing or Elven Maneuvers on a step warrior and just go to town sounds like fun. I just feel like running Burnished Plates is better for the Vamp/Buff hybrids I tend towards.

Also:

Disagree on the first part there. Shuddering Relic gives you Mass Frenzy, Enervating Touch, and Vulnerable - all great cards.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Well, if you divide cards as great, good (=okay) and bad ones then Enervating Touch and Vulnerable aren't great ones :p

4. zeroth_hour

zeroth_hour Goblin Champion

5. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Liked it back before the changes to Inspiring Presence , it's a hard sell now.

We all know those gnarly gnomes through the grooviest get-downs. But nothing will turn a mellow little get together into a frenzied fungi-fueled fracas like some serious stank. Turn your nights into a gnomes delight with Ravenna's Incense!

Reint, Flaxative, Jarmo and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Agh! Game, why do you hate me? So much money and you spam me with legs I already have AGAIN.

Dangerous Club (Have 1) Don't think I want another one. Seems like a waste, would rather use Excellent Rapier.
    I can't imagine NOT spending 6 tokens on weapons. Especially when I lack good weapons with multiple step attacks.
    Hawlic's Robes (Have 1) Srsly? How can Hawlic have robes, a shield and an axe??? Why can't we have new hybrid classes... *grumble grumble*

Dark Chain Shirt (Have 1) Use it occasionally, do I need 2?
    Demon's Golden Blade Seems cool!
    Staff Of The Inferno (Have 2) Think I want this! Enough said. NO SRSLY
    Nifty Halberd (Have 1) Will buy.
    Quornic's Armor (Have Hawlic's Glowing Shirt so.....)
    Yaro's Scepter SPR and Firestorm. I have nothing good but Firehide Robes and Inferno /Black Walnut staffs.
    Inkstained Bone Has Touch of Pain, which is fun.
    Sacrificial Axe Looks good.... Imagine two plus 3 Shuddering Relics.
    And more Sub-Zero Staffs I may never buy.

7. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

This is great for Wicked Waterways where you need major tokens for Flight Aura and other non-weapon stuff.

9. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Is it better than the Blackeye Hammer ? I'm more of a fan of Punishing Strike over Unnerving Strike , and I like Blind Rage far more than [/card] Backbiting Strike [/card]. I appreciate that we have a couple more single token weapons in this build, the only one I can think of prior to this was The Beater , but I'm still not sold that any of them are noticeably better than the no token alternatives.

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Troll's Ire is a decent weapon for (minortoken)(minortoken); Blind Rage is generally good enough and not very easy to get, especially if you prefer non-Blind Rage racial skills like me :) Moreover, Shredding Strike is becoming very important now with all that Sparkling Cloth Armor.
    Savage Plates is a crap, since Thickened Mail is too unreliable. Savage Curse is a great card, I even use Darkblood Glaive in my Firestorm deck, but one copy isn't enough anyway.

11. Ector

Ector Hydra

Actually it isn't. You need something much, much better to justify spending a yellow token for a helm on your warrior. Warriors are very short on tokens, especially yellow.

This can potentially be good, if you manage to build a good collection of Slide Back bashes and range 2 attacks, or just one bashing warrior + two wizards. They move to you - you bash them back. That can protect you more effectively than blocks.

This can be very good, especially with Basher's Delight :) Note that Enchanted Mail prevents 2.5 damage on average, which is outstanding, and if you manage to combine it with Enchanted Harness, it will prevent 4 1/6 on average.

Very situational, there are much better Mass Frenzy items.

Buy it if you don't have it yet. A good anti-Firestorm robe.

Please don't complain. I have absolutely no useful items this week besides probably Spellstripper Relic. You have something interesting at least :)

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

Would you prefer to get only Twipp's Energy Boots as I've got? :)

Actually, Unnerving Strike is very good, but there are 3 weak attacks, including Backbiting Strike, so it's up to you.

I can not just imagine, but actually PLAY with Beater on one warrior and The Strongarm on the other :) The saved tokens were spent on boots, shields and skills. But Dangerous Club isn't good enough for that.

Do you want two vampire priests?

Please, I beg you, explain me what is "cool" here? I also have it. Four good cards, one awful curse and a short-ranged Demonic Feedback. What is cool? If the enemies would pack close to you to enable Obliterating Chops, then it would be cool. But I really doubt that they would be that stupid :)

Why not? It's great for farming the low-level scenarios.

Aha, I see you finally can imagine not spending 6 tokens on weapons :)

Take it! I'm jealous :)

Really nice. I'd try them with mass Bless, as they consume no tokens and reduce the deck to increase the chance of getting the Bless.

13. Belenus

Belenus Kobold

Hand Of Wicna is all I got this week and a few low level epics/treasure hunt epics.
    Anyone wanna try and sell it to me?

14. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Hey all, just afew im on the fence about this week.

Bern's Untouchable Mail : Arrogant Armor just hasnt seemed to pan out for me, to reactive than proactive. I dont think ill buy but i always enjoy hearing the opinons of others.

Axander's Twisted Circlet : I have a Farzil's Perplexing Horn but that takes a yellow token. At one blue token this seems like a good buy.

Grey Charm : this seems good for a firestorm build but i feel like there are better things out there. i havent played firestorm yet, so i would like to hear the voice of experience here.

Maquah Of Ancient Blood : This seems like an excellent 1 blue token weapon at 38 dmg with block discard potential. the Ouch is a bummer, but i see it as only slightly worse than Traveling Curse. Is having your attacks revealed enough of a con to pass on this?

Thanks as always for taking the time to dispense wisdom!

15. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Nifty Halberd is used for farming SP. Using it in MP is not a great idea. Also, Dangerous Club seems to be better than the Beater technically. Unnerving Strike is great.

Hand Of Wicna is one of my favorite items for SP. Being able to throw up Wall Of Stone is great, and Path of Knives can devastate several kinds of enemies. That being said, look at other 2X WoS Epic items like Bimson's Hard Stone and The Soulstone; the Hand is better IMO but if you have some of those already... is it worth 2000g to you?

Bern's Untouchable Mail: You probably won't see one again, 3 Arrogant Armor. I would buy it even if I am not ready to use it yet. However, if money is an issue, Emperor's Plate is cheaper and only ~25% less effective.
    Axander's Twisted Circlet: Sure, it's the only 2X SPR item for a minor. It's a good item to have.

Grey Charm: Look at your choices. Here we have an Epic with Soothing Darkness and Savage Curse; the other items are Glasod's Dark Eye and Glasod's Dark Thighbone. Take a look at the wiki; you could probably use Black Token, but really the only item that is "better" is Skull Of Savage Iljin.
    Long story short, Grey Charm is an affordable option for firestorming, it does work but maybe not as well as other items.

I don't know about the Maquah of Ancient Blood, but I do know that Ouch! is a rather benign trait. Either it deals 0 damage, it deals 2-6 damage (which armor can prevent) and reveals your Powerful /stab attacks; or it reveals your Nimble Strike which can be intimidating. In any case, Ouch! doesn't hurt much so go ahead and use it.

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

This is debatable. Yes, the Unnerving Strike is great, but Dangerous Club has 3 weak attacks that are usually used to lure blocks. So its cards are "working against each other": if you have both a weak attack and Unnerving Strike, you will still play the weak attack first, and Unnerving Strike will discard a block only if your opponent had two. Yes, you can strike from the back sometimes with Unnerving Strike, but that will still leave you with just a weak attack. Thus, the Dangerous Club is better if they have a lot of blocks, but it's worse if there are little or no blocks, and it's MUCH worse if they have a lot of armor. The Beater deals 42 damage total, the Dangerous Club deals only 38 and 3 damage to you :) If the target has a Reliable Mail, the Beater will deal 30 damage (enough to kill anyone besides dwarven warriors), while the Dangerous Club will deal 26 and 3 to you, which can lead to be killed yourself.

I don't know how did you calculate 25%, but if you're playing Arrogant Armor, you want as much copies as you can have. This card isn't just for armor, it's for protection versus nasty attachments like encumber, burning and so on. Thus, buy the Mail if you can; it's unique, and you aren't going to have a second chance to get it.

I have it, but almost never use it, since I've got better options :) Last week I've refused to buy a second copy. But if you have no double-SPR items yet, then buy it. Still, Big Zap will be often a dead card in your hand, and there are lot of SPR items without such drawbacks (see Crown Of Mad Eskin, for instance).

The Charm is good enough if you don't have Skull Of Savage Iljin and Darkblood Glaive. If you have both, then you probably don't need the Charm :)

Actually, the Maguah is the better (minortoken) weapon than both the Dangerous Club and the Beater. It has no weak strikes, but two Unnervings. This means that you can start with Unnerving and then apply other big strikes. Plus, you can use it in the "drawbacks only" SP scenarios. I want one!

18. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

19. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

What do you guys think about The Tenderizer? I haven't had anything decent in Randimar's for ages, so I may buy this one even it doesn't seem very useful... I don't know really. I also got the amazing Ring Of Bifurcated Healing :/ Randimar's definitely hates me.

I'm always thinking of changing it, but I still use Nifty in mp. I don't have vp and only 1 lochaber, so Nifty is better than having no NS at all, and while it's true that it has 4 crappy cards, since it's tokenless you can upgrade other items with more traits to compensate for the bad hands you may get with it.

Ector likes this.
  20. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Yeah, its a money issue for me right now. Im low on gold and i dont think its worth buying pizza over. I would only do that for Vibrant Pain or a Chartwell's Ring. But if i get a fountain of legendary treasure coming my way then i would consider it.

I have Darkblood Glaive , so now i see this is definitely unnecessary for me.

That was the way i felt about it as well. Though i do think that the Beater is better, i think the Maquah Of Ancient Blood is a close second and against block heavy builds maybe even better.