[Tactics] Using mass healing cards to remove opponent's blocks

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Ector, May 2, 2014.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

My opponent once removed my Hard To Pin Down with a Healing Pulse, which made me to think a lot about this tactics. Isn't it cool to remove opponent's Block Any card (or at least to know about it if it won't trigger) just for healing him a bit? Moreover, if his characters are at full health, they will get nothing, but you will still discard their blocks or get the info.
    This tactics makes Triple Heals somewhat more attractive. Generally it's much worse than Team Heal, but removing opponent's blocks can be much more important than healing. You aren't going to remove the Block Melee cards, of course, but still.
    I wonder, will Impetuous Heal remove the blocks too? Probably not, as it's a trait...

It would be great to hear your opinion on this.

2. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I'm pretty sure Impetuous Heal actually does provoke blocks. I think it's the most interesting of the trio of artifact traits.

3. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I think I remember Impetous Heal provoking blocks, but I'm not entirely sure.
    I don't know, to abuse this tactic you would have to put a lot of crappy cards like that one in your deck, right? I think it's not worth it. You have weak attacks or cards like Bad Luck that work better for that purpose.
    What was problematic in the past was Dwarven Battle Cry. I don't know if you were playing some months ago, but this card was very problematic because it was a very good one (unlike the cards you mentioned) in the right deck (not most of the players used dwarves back then), so the devs had to add the key word "unblockable" because even if the other player had dwarves, they wouldn't draw another card if they had a block, which was a very unfair deal. So if someone finds a way to abuse this tactic again but with another card like Healing Pulse, maybe they will have to change it as well.

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

What Jacques said (if this proves to be a big issue, we can add the Unblockable keyword).

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Ector

Ector Hydra

Please don't! I have two Blackhammers, and this may justify their usage in a Firestorm build :) Firestorm doesn't like blocks, especially Hard To Pin Down.

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

I am not going to pack a lot of weak cards for this :) But there are lot of items with Triple Heals nowadays, and some of them are even good enough to be played. Huetotl's Firebrand, for instance, or Manifold Healer if you cannot spend a yellow token on Focused Healer. It's just a useful tactics to know.