what else are you playing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by neoncat, Mar 6, 2014.

1. At the moment, nothing! But I'm having a new system built upon which I will re-play Borderlands 2 because I can play it and seemingly never get bored. Then try some Age of Wonders 3 and probably, as a huge fan of AoW2, be disappointed. The game I'm most looking forward to that's coming out any time soon is Divinity: Original Sin.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Currently getting killed repeatedly in FTL:AE, just beat the latest episode of A Wolf Among Us - and not getting dissapointed by Age of Wonders 3.

3. Lynn666

Lynn666 Kobold

Dark Souls 2!! :D
    But unfortunately don't have enough leisure time to play it due to work..

4. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

FTL on the iPad is absolutely brutal. In the best possible way.

5. Pokemon Trading Card Game 1 and 2 for the Game Boy. Laugh if you will, but its still fun to play even after all these years. Its much easier to pick up then Legend of the Five Rings.

The music featured in the games is awesome as well.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    neoncat and Megadestructo like this.
  6. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Fun thread!
    Finished Xcom EU again on Classic Ironman, now playing Metro Last Light. And I have Dark Souls II after that one.

Looking at your comment, it ocurred to me that a good sub-topic would be: ¿Which is the oldest game you still play in a regular basis (let's call regular basis at least once a month, or maybe once every 2 months)?
    Mine is Master of Orion 2 (1996), and sometimes the first Super Smash Bros with friends (1999).

7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

My siblings and I play Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001) whenever we get together. The poor gamecube is still limping along... I don't know what we'll do when it finally gives out. :D

progammer and Jacques like this.
  8. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Emulators :)

neoncat likes this.
  9. Not sure why hearthstone is so popular...

10. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

It's fun and it's free! I'm terrible at it so I tend to just stick to Diablo 3 though now I am trying my hand at Planetary Annihilation.

SuperBadShockSkag likes this.
  11. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Right now? Let's see...

Playstation 3:
    - Ni no kuni (it's never getting old)
    - Tomb Raider
    - GTA V (well not really playing myself but does watching my partner playing it counts?) ^^

Android on my smartphone:
    - Mobbles (if you like fighting and collecting pets, caring for them and trading them with other players all around the world, Mobbles is the game you want to play. its a bit like "pokemon meets augmented reality)
    - Doctor Who legacy (Must have for Whovians)

Browsergames:
    - Nightbanes (alternative to Hearthstone. I am very active in this game. It's the reason why I wasn't that active in card hunter for awhile)
    - goodgames empire (not so much active, being online on a daily basis only to collect some ressources and going offline again)
    - card hunter (I am back! yay!)

Pen & Paper:
    Yay! I found a group in my location playing Earthdawn! I missed this a lot! First adventure done. Next time we are thinking about playint Planescape which is based on AD&D 2nd Edition! I am looking forward to it. :)

neoncat and Megadestructo like this.
  12. Sakuko

Sakuko Kobold

The only other games right now are DDO, which is a D&D MMO and Secret World, a MMO about secret sects.

13. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

14. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Diablo 3 has swallowed several hours of my life in Adventure mode every night lately.

15. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I have wanted to answer this question. It has preyed on my mind. You see, I have plenty of old games that I can play if ever I have the desire (The Horde, 1994), and others that I could play on a "regular basis" but you have to redefine that as "when I'm back in my childhood home where it's stored" (Temple of Apshai Trilogy, 1983). Interesting you should mention Master of Orion: I include the original (1993) in both categories.

But once every 2 months? I'm rotating through games too much to be able to say.

Jacques likes this.
  16. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Not once every 2 months but since I discovered the online store "GoG" I am a frequent buyer of "old games". :)

Right now I have "Dungeon Keeper", "The Settlers 2" and "Simon the Sorcerer" on my pc.
    In my GoG library are games like "Dungeon Keeper 2" and "jagged alliance 2" waiting to be replayed again.
    And on my GoG wishlist are games like "Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3", "Creatures", "Populous", "Sudeki", "Septerra Core", "Unepic" and "Shadowrun", waiting to be on discount so that they will be also in my library one day. ^^

Jacques likes this.
  17. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

So many good games! Ahhh, the old times...

18. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

If you like CCGs, you should definitely try Scrolls (Link) and Shadow Era (Link). Both have pretty active communities.

Shadow Era is a relatively "normal" card game (think MtG) but well-done, free-to-play and platform independent (same account and player base on PC, Mac, iOS and Android, which is an achievement by itself). There's an ingame shop where you can buy cards for gold earned in matches.

Scrolls is technically still in beta but fully playable and stable. It is a CCG with an extra tactical dimension because your units are placed on a board and attack/defend in rows. It has player-to-player trading and an ingame shop for earned gold.

Similar to Card Hunter you can buy more cards for real money in both games, but you don't have to and prices are IMHO low in Shadow Era and low/fair in Scrolls.

19. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Currently playing Factorio alpha, amazingly great survival/builder game

20. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline