[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I see, you're calling me a child. :(

Watch what you say—you'll make neoncat jealous! ;)
    Seriously, though, I appreciate your comment. I'm trying to build a guild that'll make the game richer for its members, and obviously the members' help is paramount in that endeavor. Seeing thing come together like this is extremely gratifying.

The best way! I've always said, and will continue to maintain, that the Sorcererers are the best guild, in large part thanks to our inclusivity. Then again I'm a dirty [insert anti-communist epithet here] who dislikes elitism. :rolleyes:

Dang, you're not feeling well? :eek: Get better soon!

Also, nice anonymous reference! [​IMG]

P.S. @Hawk239128 , your waterboy banner is at http://sorcererers.dotq.org/banners.php

2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

You're always welcome to join though, fellow elf-lover! :D

And, yeah,
    Fun for everyone at all levels!

Hawk239128 and Flaxative like this.
  3. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

I would love to win but recently I've only been drawing all move cards or parries/ hard to pin have been failing left and right. Lady Luck is a harsh mistress.

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

That's it. I gotta stop this. Consecutive parries missed today. I'm about to cry conspiracy. I've rolled enough 1's today to add up to 100. This week alone I've rolled well over 200 of them. I don't know how much more I can take of this.

Even on rolls that don't need to reduce numbers it will start on 3 and back peddle to 1. I'm losing hope. I've lost so many games on the same Parry failing multiple times. Plus I'm sick so it's super disheartening.

5. I love the SRCs. Whenever I see I'm matched vs one my sardonic aura evaporates. You're the Hello Kitty of Card Hunter. If Hello Kitty had a big axe.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

So it's been suggested that we more explicitly link our videos on the forums...

This was a video CT5 and I recorded of me playing some ranked matches yesterday. Here're the games:
    1) vs. @Inkfingers, a fellow Sorcererer. Very fun talking as we played, and a bunch of folks were spectating.
    2) vs. @GunsmoKing, a good friend of our guild. Another very fun game. I got to play some very fun combinations of cards, and Altruism carried me like a pro the entire game. Also, dude played a lot of Nimble Strikes...
    3) vs. @xiang491, a noble knave. This wasn't a very close game, but it was still fun. Enchanted Mail is scary.

I'm playing a build of which @neoncat said, "it feels like I'm playing against a 1200," so it's always fun when I win games with it. I won't say more about the build here because it's still "secret tech" but you can probably figure the whole thing out from my video.
    :rolleyes:

ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  7. Huey Laforet

Huey Laforet Orc Soldier

It's kind of laggy and hard to watch, compared to this.

Can you guys do something about it?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'd love to hear @Jon's secrets.
    I'm just broadcasting (and then recording) via Google Hangouts.

9. Huey Laforet

Huey Laforet Orc Soldier

Yeah hope he can help.

Oh and there this peasant match between me and CT5 too. Very interesting to see how I play from my opponent's view lol.

CT5 likes this.
  10. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

First Purple Chest ever in 8.5 hours. Received my 5th legendary of the day in it... I might use this one (Advanced Insight) . Bleneth's Frenzy Charm Is The other one I'm going to use out of the orange loot today.
    So that will probably be my first and last Purple in awhile.

11. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Huey: Yeah, that was funny how your warrior kept running away from my Priest. Almost felt like I had a chance, though really once my Warrior died it was basically over >_>

Hawk: 5 legendaries in a day?! Wow. The Frenzy Charm seems pretty good, congrats!

12. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

13. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

Ran into something interesting today. I was checking scenarios for loot fairy and I got through one when my window crashed. Reloaded and came back but the scenario was uncomplete. I checked my inventory and the items I received from the scenario at the gold chest were there.

So I relayed it and looked up how to crash the tab within chrome. Just typing about:crash would cause the window to crash. So I ran the scenario again and this time I dropped about:crash at the loot screen, pressed enter, then clicked the loot button. Collected the loot and the window crashed. Reloaded the page and once again I had the items and the quest was incomplete. So I ran it again and this time i ran it out. The hour glass appeared this time.

Don't know if that means anything, just throwing it out there

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I use Camtasia for the video capture and Audacity for the mic capture. Camtasia isn't free but it's not crazy expensive either. There's probably a free alternative out there. It helps to have a fairly beefy PC too, I imagine.

Flaxative, Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  15. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Probably just went past the reset time and you haven't restarted your browser / tab for a while. Technically you can play every level past the reset time, then reset your browser, and all the levels will be reset. It doesn't check the time for "reset" until you log in.

16. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

But I ran the same one 3 times in a row

17. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Ah, dunno. Could be a bug, try reporting it with steps to reproduce it in the bug thread.

18. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

I'm gunna try it again tomorrow. Bed time for me. Big day of easter egg dyeing and grocery shopping, WOOOOO!!!!

19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

When I checked this out chrome crashes, but the hour glass appears when CH is reloaded. It should be tested on other machines as well, though, because it's a very tempting expliot.

20. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

So I watched your commentary on the match we had today, and I wanted to counter-comment on a couple things.

1) First off, my Elves. I love my elves. I still have my elves saved in my first slot. That said, my elves were losing. Right after you announced Cardhunter PVP Season 1, I was thrown into a string of almost 15 straight losses - my ranking went as low as 1390, briefly! I experimented with a couple alternatives before I finally settled for it, but Dwarves have been the only way for me to make that slow climb back to the 1550's, where I am now. I've been promising myself, as soon as AotA comes out, and I can get my hands on some Elven Trickery, I'll go back to an all-elf team (it's really the only thing keeping me going) - but because I actually want to rank in your PVP challenge somewhere, and I don't play enough for the first category, I actually have to pay attention to rank over style for a little bit. I'm just as upset as you are.

2) You were wondering about my movement choices in the first round (you comment specifically about this around the 5:20 mark). I've played against a lot of 3dc lately, and my big discovery has been that staying out of line of sight is super important! I was moving in a way that would force you to commit your moves in order to get LoS on my dwarves. Having enough move to get out of the Volcano was largely incidental, but a nice perk. I generally find that jockeying for LoS in the first turn is a lot better than trying to rush the victory point (or the enemy) if wizards are involved. I run a lot of cantrip movement for exactly that reason. When I moved onto the VP, that was a discovery mission - I wanted to see what kinds of cards you would throw at me - encumber, terrain, etc. - and it was a calulated risk. I knew I wanted to end the turn out of LoS, so I figured spending a HTPD to know what I was fighting wasn't a bad trade.

3) Dorfmaster's charge straight into the SPR (7:30 or so) was a move I likely would have made with or without the Elvish Insight. I was actually surprised that you didn't SPR me right off the bat - either you've revealed a block, or gotten rid of two cards. While waiting for me to expend more cards meant you would be much more likely to keep a lava tile under me via Volcano, hitting me early was more likely to prevent damage or catch the attacks you wanted to hit. I was also suprised, watching the replay, that you held onto that Cone Of Cold for so long. There was a moment around 8:20 where you had both of my dwarves in LoS for that, and you could have fired it off and walked away.

4) When I Flanking Moved my elf? Straight derp on my part. I thought you had passed or something. I don't know. I was wrong. It ended up being pointless either way, though - I was going to discard it.

5) If you hadn't failed that parry roll (14:15 or so), that likely would have been a different game (even if your odds at that point weren't great). I don't think I realized fully what was going on at the time and how narrowly I had dodged a bullet, so to speak.

6) I've been using the frame of your one of your Copper Old Men build in SP to clear the high level maps. It's a lot of fun, and I see why you enjoyed them so much in MP. Right now, I'm a little anxious about drastically changing my playstyle from fighters to wizards, but I'm looking forward to trying that build out someday (although I also need better boots first).

Thanks for all the life you've breathed into the CH community!
    - Inkfingers