[Wild speculation] So what's your definition of "very cool things"?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

More super secret coolness:
    [​IMG]

Flaxative and neoncat like this.
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I'm still most excited about getting the Karen, Gary, and Melvin figures as soon as test goes to live. :D

I'm also confused by these guys:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pengw1n likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

2 for the price of 1!

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

5. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

There are some dark elves on the chart I don't recognize either. And the robot set too. Then the the aztec guys from the expansion. And it appears there is a larger set where everyone has an odd overlay pattern to their armor (not exactly sure what it's meant to signify blue/grey bricks?)

I sort of like the blob guys myself. But I have no idea what they'd be tied to.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gary, Melvin, and Karen go slime?

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

What's confusing about them? Obviously, they're--

QUICK, CHOOSE YOUR OWN PUNCHLINE!

1) --the result of mind-control fungus parasitically taking control of another Dwarf Warrior/Human Priest/Elf Wizard combo,
    2) --three young children tragically scarred during an ill-conceived cross-promotion between the cosplay shop and a taffy factory,
    3) --a group of down-on-their-luck slime creatures whose "brilliant" ideas lead them to madcap adventure, wacky hijinks, and the true meaning of friendship,

so I don't know why people are all confused.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The robots are the Cardotron2000 highest-level AI characters from MP. You've never played them or spectated them being played?

The overlay pattern figures are tagged with "foil" in the Figures.csv file. Foil is a thin reflective metal surface printed on a card (and the pattern used here is how it often looks). In card collecting circles it signifies rare, valuable, collectable cards. It was all the rage in the business in the 1990's-2000's, don't know if it still is.

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Those are probably the league-only limited edition figures.

10. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Interesting. Ok, thought I recognized the robots, but have only played 3 games of MP since the beta reset (Yay I'm undefeated).

Foil is interesting... I've seen other online CCGs attempt to use foils. Curious what the thought process is behind these.

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

In general, it's probably this simple: add foil -> charge more. I don't think Blue Manchu is that mercenary, though, they probably just emulate the real card industry to evoke the feel of especially valuable figures.

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Foil Figures is a spoof on foils in general. If this was intended as a mercenary cash grab, we would likely have had foils of all cards by now.

13. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Would it even be "mercenary" ?

Blue Manchu should make as much money as it can without compromising gameplay or moral integrity. I don't see offering fancier skins for fancier sums of cash as particularly offensive.

Stexe likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Tru dat. I propose gold skins for 240 pizza each :).

Flaxative likes this.
  16. Foils are always cool.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Oh my...
    Looks like they're reviving Resurrection. Does anyone remember what happens to victory points when someone is resurrected and re-killed?

18. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

It's 3.

Stexe, Sir Veza and Pengw1n like this.
  19. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Logically it would gain one per death, unless there's a built in removal of VP with Resurrection - or a cap of how many vp's you can gain from rekilling a single character. Sounds like a hassle to code special vp rules for a single card, but would be a cool denial tool.

20. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Like I said. Completely straightforward!

(Though now I want taffy.)