[META] Coups

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Has your guild principal been slacking off? Perhaps you should stage a coup!

If a guild principal hasn't played a ranked game in over a week then any member of their guild can seize control by performing this ceremony. It's first-come first-served, and there's only one serving, so don't delay.

Also, I'm considering another ceremony where rivals burn your guild to the ground if your principal hasn't played for two weeks. So, you might want to get a jump on this lazy-principal thing.

Have fun out there :)

CT5, Flaxative, Sir Veza and 3 others like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That's some great meta there, Farbs! Thanks for creating this!

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So guilds are required to be MP focused?

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Huey Laforet

Huey Laforet Orc Soldier

I want this!

More than the coups really.

Gast86 and Flaxative like this.
  5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Yeah, um..... as a guild principle I'm not terribly happy about this and will probably kick a bunch of people from my guild as a result.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. A week seems a little draconian. People go on vacation?

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Is this a comment on the loyalty of cats? Including yourself, of course.

Flaxative and neoncat like this.
  8. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Despite the sophistication of our pedigrees, we all still retain the primal instincts of a stray cat.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Damn it guys, stop making me give out so many likes!

p.s. I look forward to razing so many guilds
    p.p.s. I have the feeling Farbs made this ceremony just so he could wrest control of 99K from Zhizz :)

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I've never had any great draw to guilds myself (and am not in one), but this seems like a great way to ensure that guilds that become inactive can be revived and will generally encourage more MP and guild activity.

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I'm not sure I understand the frustration. There's no drawback to having inactive/less active members, this is based only on the activity/inactivity of the Guild Principle. Or are you kicking out your subjects that would be most likely to try to usurp your thrown? :p

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Would mercenaries (non-guild affiliated players) be able to burn guilds too? :cool:

13. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Well I can confirm this works, as I am now the principal of Power of Fires :cool:

I liked the scenario too; it was quite fun!

[Edit: Should I make a new guild thread now that I am in charge? I might want to modify some guild rules/formatting, but I'm not sure whether that would be considered a duplicate thread or not.]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    CT5, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  14. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Shouldn't the one "in charge" make those decisions himself? :p

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, Vakaz, do whatever you want, Power of Fires is a bunch of uncultured barbarian losers anyway.[/guildsmacktalk]

16. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Thank god I'm in a one-person guild.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

But you're active, so you have nothing to fear either way! :)

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

You act like I can trust myself.

Sir Veza, Jarmo, Melancthon and 2 others like this.
  19. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

That's a good point. I'll set it up to use both MP and Custom scenarios, so if you're active playing casual or scenario building etc then your guild will remain stable.

I'll probably also shift it up to 10 days so that if you play weekly then you won't be sniped if you start an hour late etc.

The other thing I'm considering is adding a ceremony to explicitly cede control to someone, so you can pass the torch on to someone you think you can trust if you need to take a break or just want to step down.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

But that doesn't help gulo gulo, as apparently he's in a guild filled with untrustworthy people.

gulo gulo, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.