[Pony] AI challenge

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by neoncat, Oct 26, 2013.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Perhaps at some point in the future, y'all could open up an AI competition for us programmers at home. The winning AI could then be incorporated into some kind of "hardcore challenge" mode for the single player campaign, or even set loose in MP.

Sir Veza, spacedust and Pengw1n like this.
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Actually, nix that MP suggestions, because a draw-firestorm bot is trivial. :p

3. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

I like this idea as well. The card mix needs to be robust enough to support anti draw-firestorm strategies. What about making bots that pass the Turing test? If they are popular enough they could become regular fixtures in MP.

4. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

A bot that also chats with you?
    Actually, that would be awesome, if while playing Gary or Melvin, they occasionally raged at you in chat for particularly good plays.
    Real tabletop players do this, so for the immersion it would be great to see Melvin whine a bit when I beat him up, or Gary offer encouragement when I do well.

5. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

Exactly. Of course, it might lead to people developing botting software which often inspires hate from the playerbase - but the thing is, if you couldn't distinguish a bot from a human, how could you tell?

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I wonder how hard it would be, if Jon revealed the current AI scripts, for us to just patch them with things like "don't use unholy wellspring on an ally with 2 or fewer HP"...

7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Playing against more intelligent AI would be more realistic and since it would raise its rating, there would be bigger rating area to choose an AI opponent from.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I often wonder how much work it would really take to get the AI to stop:
    -Killing themselves with Fireball/Demonic Feedback/Backbiting Strike
    -Using Unholy Frenzy on a wizard
    -Moving for no apparent reason
    -Casting Impenetrable Nimbus after you pass
    -Attacking characters with Nimbus attached, or elsewise wasting attacks that deal absolutely 0 damage (resistant hide anyone?)
    -Playing Walk like five times while Encumbered 2

...But then there would be no way to beat them, unless their decks were powered down a little. XP

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Which would be a far better gameplay experience :)