What do you want to know more about?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Aug 17, 2011.

?

What part of the game do you want to know more about?

1. The card/board battles.

83 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Adventuring and character growth.

144 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. The art style and direction.

35 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Game technology and programming.

49 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Multi-player.

89 vote(s)
    32.6%
  6. The Card Hunter world and characters.

74 vote(s)
    27.1%
  7. Deck building.

90 vote(s)
    33.0%
  8. Competitive multi-player.

59 vote(s)
    21.6%
  9. Something else (post in the thread with details).

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. The monsters!

65 vote(s)
    23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Well, I'm really looking forward to CH as I totally suck with deck building in CCG but it doesn't mean I do not like playing them :) CH's idea to have deck build depending on itemisation is something for me, as I won't have to pick every single card to build deck which will suck in the end, as it was with MtG lol :D

2. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

It really is an ingenious "best of both worlds" type of concept. If it plays out half as cool as it sounds, it's going to suck up MAJOR amounts of my time. I also don't care for the minutia of building a deck, unless it's actually part of the game itself, lol. But assigning items to my character is a piece of cake and I love PLAYING CCG's and tactical RPG's. I really can't wait for this, lol.

3. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Let's hope they will show us mercy and give us beta access then asap :D

BTW: today I've dreamed I got a key :( Shame it was a dream...

4. MrMojoRisin

Mercy, pity, whatever. I'm not picky.

5. Kinetic

Kinetic Kobold

I voted for "Game technology and programming", most notably I'd like some information on the random number generator used to determine dice rolls/card draws and a statement from the devs on whether this is truly random or not. Nothing is more frustrating than certain games out there in the world that suddenly start getting extraordinarily lucky with their RNG mechanics when you are wiping the floor with them. This gets even worse when in multiplayer games the computer activates some sort of "catch up" mechanic that allows the player who has fallen behind to have extremely unlikely luck in order to get back in contention. I'm hoping that this is one of the rare games these days that allows you to beat the ever living crap out of an opponent if you deploy the perfect deck build and perfect strategy for that particular encounter and situation.

Not everything needs to come down to the wire to generate artificial suspense! This is especially true in a game like CH where battles are relatively quick and death has no consequence other than time spent playing. Let us win convincingly if we've planned properly, and make us lose spectacularly if we haven't. Please don't reinforce bad play by always making every match close!

Lance likes this.
  6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I have to point out for the sake of facts that truly random in programing is a logical impossibility. But as far as the other thing you where saying goes i have both been utterly manhandled and just stomped both hard and easy mobs so would say its as random as it gets with 1 card always being a movement card.

Lance and Korisi like this.
  7. MrMojoRisin

I just want to share my opinion regarding the "randomness" of card drawing in this game. To me, it's what keeps each playthrough fresh and exciting. Even if you have the same setup going into the same level, you never know exactly how it is going to play out. So each session presents you with a different set of challenges and tactical problems to solve.

8. BigSmurf

BigSmurf Kobold

I would like to know how the beta is going. How many players are already playing card hunter? Is the server running smooth? How many more are you going to add? Only some figures, nothing more :)

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh, well if we're asking for statistics:

Any interesting numbers like gold earned per day, gold spent, XP earned, adventures played/won/lost/abandoned?

10. Im interested in the type of classes you can choose from. Is it only warrior, wizard and cleric?

Haven't read any posts about rogues, assasins or pegasi for that matter.

Keep up the good work guys, will be waiting in anticipation while i watch South Africa wallop Pakistan in the cricket.

Cheerio my good men

11. Piratecat

Piratecat Blue Manchu

The game is only launching with the three classes. I think there's a lot of design space for rogues, especially if they use ranged weapons (and hey, Card Hunter comes to you from people who worked on the first Thief: The Dark Project game.) Unlike D&D, though, dropping new classes into Card Hunter isn't a simple proposition.

I think it's less likely we'll have pegasi any time soon. Unless you're fighting them... can't you imagine? Now I want Module P-5, EYRIE OF THE WINGED TERROR!

Lance and Megadestructo like this.
  12. Meryle

Meryle Mushroom Warrior

I am completely new to this forum so I simply want to know everything! I signed up for the beta way back when Totalbiscuit made a first impressions video on this game, but with life and college keeping me busy I had almost completely forgotten about this game until recently. I really love table top games and video games in general so I want to learn as much about this game as possible! I just am not sure where to start yet..

13. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

If you like videos you should definitely go http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/beta-video-image-collection-reddit.688/#post-8232!

14. Meryle

Meryle Mushroom Warrior

15. Plus it brings that sense of "Wow, how lucky was that!" that you can't get with planning out all your moves down to the last attack.

16. Pagasi? I see what you did there. Also, I see what you did there with your user name, back and forth, brushie, brushie.

17. Ez2bBad

Ez2bBad Kobold

I want to see more of the character growth please.

18. Zolof Kimblee

Zolof Kimblee Mushroom Warrior

This has been stated before, but
    I'm most interested in the user generated content in form of adventures, when or if it will be implemented, and if there will be a clever way to implement some kind of reward, regular treasures or gold would surely lead to cheap exploits.

19. Datata

Datata Kobold

I like to know more about the monsters of the game because the monster are what I am going to be up against most of the time.
    Also like to know more about how to expand my character and how he levels and gains new ability's.
    The last thing is how adventures work because I don't understand how I get new adventures quite yet.

20. Deadless78

Deadless78 Mushroom Warrior

I was wonder what types of creatures and how many expected races will there be