[Utility] equipment data xref tool

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Jan 24, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

This tool will perform a JOIN on item id between supplied data and the equipment table. Also, check out the online version.

Only three rules for input:
    - Data must be tab-separated (for now)
    - The first row of data is parsed as column headers
    - Data must have an "item" column which contains the item id

Consider using it in conjunction with the mining log parser.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Lord Feleran, Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thank you very much indeed for your extremely valuable work, Neoncat! Your tools will save a LOT of time for all of us interested in Card Hunter loot analysis.

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v2:
    - fixed parsing error where item or card names in the master file contain a comma

Jarmo and Sir Veza like this.
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v3:
    - removed dependency on ECMAScript6 functionality (should work in all browsers now)

Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v4:
    - added option for reverse merge (default: false)

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thank you very much indeed, Neoncat! I'm really delighted and pleasantly surprised by how fast you produced this! You've really gone above and beyond with your work on these tools. I owe you one. If there's ever anything I can help you with, just ask.

The new version is working great for analyzing which items I'm missing. The new reverse merge feature also fulfills another need, the last item analysis one I had: It can be used to easily compare my inventory before and after a grinding session. This way I don't need to remember to have the verbose log on during the run, filling up PC memory and risking losing the log if there's a crash.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Unfortunately it seems the tool has developed a hiccup. If the "reverse merge" checkbox is unchecked, the script crashes when run. These are the errors I got:
    Firefox: "TypeError: itemdatabyid[cur[idindex]] is undefined"
    Chrome: "TypeError: Cannot call method 'slice' of undefined"

8. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v5:
    - updated equipment list
    - missing item data won't cause a crash (will simply output empty row)

Jarmo - sorry! I missed the regression report. I wasn't able to duplicate the problem, but I did add the same patch I used to handle missing item information for the inventory analysis tool.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

No problem, I had forgotten even reporting that as I always check the "reverse merge" box :).

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

O Numinous Neoncat, First Feline of Formatting! May I please have a utility that accepts verbose output from visiting the keep and returns a list of excess items I need to sell? (Displayed as name and excess quantity, sorted by type, rarity, and name; treasures excluded.)

neoncat likes this.
  11. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v6:
    - fixed parsing error on fields containing a comma
    - standardized terminology as "equipment" and "collection"
    - added doctype tag

This tool is also now available online, where it fetches the live Equipment.csv data. Any future updates will be provided both online and here.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  12. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v7:
    - added standard utility banner
    - updated equipment data
    - fixed missing item id error in normal merge

13. Shoe

Shoe Mushroom Warrior

what happened to the online tool? i get "Domain does not exsist" now

14. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

15. Shoe

Shoe Mushroom Warrior

That all links back to the same dead website...looks like the tools are all down

16. Use Stexe's site.

17. Shoe

Shoe Mushroom Warrior

Stexe's site uses the same navigation links that link back to neoncat's

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Don't use the links at the top, use the links in the main body. It all works fine for me.

Shoe likes this.
  19. Shoe

Shoe Mushroom Warrior

top links dont work...i was able to access via the direct links you guys posted tho. thanks

20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, I was too lazy to restructure all the links. I mainly just copy and pasted the stuff. Some things don't work because of how it was coded, but most of the stuff should be fine.