Loot Fairy Tracker

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Nothing in the level 16 adventures.

2. Nothing to be seen in Pools of Slime or The Tomb of Tvericus.

3. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Found him. Level 14, Return to the Astral Shrine.

4. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

Nothing in Mauve Manticore, either. Thusfar, he hasn't shown up in either Mauve Manticore or Treasure Hunts. Something to keep in mind while hunting.

5. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

Return to the Astral Shrine confirmed!

Account 1: Uncommon, Rare, Rare, Rare (Rare).

Account 2: Rare, Rare, Rare, Epic (Epic).

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

U, R, R, E, [R]

7. U, U, R, R, [E]

Also, I have been doing my beat (lvls 12-13), but have yet to find anything and have been skipping the last 13's once the fairy has been located elsewhere. I really don't think it is in more than one spot, but who knows...

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Eton

Eton Mushroom Warrior

2U, 1R, 1E +(R).

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It seems like a safe bet at this point. More data doesn't hurt, but no pressure to keep looking once the fairy's found.

10. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Return to Astral Shrine, 1 uncommon, 1 rare, 1 epic, 1 legendary (some arcane item with two walls of stone) and 1 rare in club

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Confirmed on Return to Astral Shrine.
    Chest Contents
    1 Uncomon
    3 Rare
    Club: Epic

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thar she blows! 2x Uncommon, 2x Rare, (Club: Rare).

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Even with the smiley that's a pretty weird thing to say. Jumping into conclusions is what's unproductive. Until we have confirmed it, we don't know for sure if the Loot Fairy can show up in a treasure hunt. It hasn't so far but that doesn't yet prove it won't ever. I find it much more likely that it won't but until it's settled checking also the treasure hunts is useful. I'd set them at the lowest priority, though.

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I compiled the patrol reports for today and we now have the best chance so far of confirming that the Loot Fairy only shows up at one location at a time. The adventures remaining unchecked for today are:
    8 Lord Stafford's Treasure
    8 Melvelous the Magnificent
    8 The Compass of Xorr
    11 Goblins in the Woods
    12 Tree Forts of the Goblin King
    13 Shrine of the Astral Guardians
    17 Black Oaken Heart

The following treasure hunts are also left to check:
    7 Forest of Souls
    8 Order of the Core
    9 Return to Woodhome
    10 The Sinister Wood
    11 Descent to the Core
    13 High Mountain Pass
    14 Lord Batford's Manor
    16 Cliffs of the Wyverns
    17 Dungeon of the Swamp King

Let's patrol also these today! If you decide to contribute, please post here first which one you're checking so we'll avoid duplicate work. Thanks!

EDIT: The adventures that have been stricken through have been checked.

EDIT 2: All adventures checked. CONFIRMED: the Loot Fairy only shows up at one location at a time. Now we know it instead of guessing.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I probably won't be able to join in this particular effort, but I did just compile all the chest data thus far into a spreadsheet. I only included reports that explicitly stated the rarity of each item received.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An6dEUjvbCSUdGV5bG1XZ2xac0pzc24xU2szSkZqaXc&usp=sharing

36 data points might not be enough to draw conclusions, but it looks like the rarity upgrade rates are not the same on the items with the same 'guaranteed rarity.' I don't know how much of this coincides with extant data on Card Hunter loot tables, but Slot 2 looks much more likely to upgrade than Slot 1, and same with 4 vs. 3 (4 is only 50% rares—and 50% better than rares!). I know that this data in particular doesn't help us track the Fairy or understand its motives, but it may encourage more people to participate in the hunt. The fairy chests are certainly lucrative.

Also, this may be really dumb, or obvious, or both, but I should point out: I am currently assuming that all Fairy-Enchanted Chests are the same, barring item level (which I imagine is determined by the adventure level). I'm also assuming that the fairy chests don't randomly get better or worse on certain days of the week, etc.. A truly sadistic dev could easily throw in a million conditionals for us to run in circles around, guessing at the logic behind everything, but let's just work with these assumptions for now: the chest is always 4 items, with constant guaranteed rarity and rarity upgrade rates at each item slot.

EDIT: P.S. Just noticed that Blue Manchu tweeted this thread. Guess that answers the question about whether or not they wanted us figuring this out :)

Jarmo likes this.
  16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for compiling the chest data! Unfortunately, it doesn't make any sense to track them by slot position (aside from the Club pillow, obviously) as the chests always automatically sort their contents by ascending rarity. Only the rarity counts are informative, not the placings. I'd suggest redoing that part of the spreadsheet to have U R E L columns with counts in them for each chest.

17. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Slot 2 looks much more likely to upgrade than Slot 1, and same with 4 vs. 3

lol
    In CH the items in chests are always arranged from the least common to the rarest in f2p slots so this has to be so :D
    Edit: Ah, Jarmo was faster :)

Atm there seem to be a little more epics and legendaries reported than there should be on average in R+ slots. It can be because of
    1) small amount of data (true)
    2) people are more likely to report when getting better drops (true, but idk how much effect it has)
    or 3) there might really be other drop %s (idk but won't yet believe it)
    and I still can't believe (until I see it myself :p) that it is possible to get 3 uncommons from the fairy - everyone can sometimes make a mistake there. But well, it's pretty much a question of belief only so nothing to argue here.

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I'm checking these now:
    11 Goblins in the Woods
    12 Tree Forts of the Goblin King

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

LOL the more you know :)

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

No Loot Fairy in either, updating the unchecked list in my earlier post now.