What are the most over-rated cards?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Susurrus in Gloaming, Feb 12, 2014.

1. As absurdly awful as barge is, nimble strike is that much more absurdly overpowered.

2. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Ok, then since it's a no-brainer choice to use Whiteglow Flail, I'm -going- to have barge in my deck. And so since it's in my deck, I might as well try to use it for what it is. I'm not going to simply dismiss the card out of hand. And it's won me a couple of games. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt a bit just on that factor alone.

One thing it's certainly not is overrated.

Sir Veza, Jarmo and Flaxative like this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That explains much. I don't have a Whiteglow Flail yet. I have 11 item types with Barge, and none are worth using.
    Due to the cost vs. the low success probability. There are few slots, and better things to fill them.

4. Let's try this then: name a more overrated silver card. Nobody doubts that whiteglow flail is good. Its not because of barge.

And the logic that: "its won me a couple of games." is not logical at all.

Various examples of me laughing at this logic:
    "I've won a game before because cloth armor reduced my damage by 1 and I killed the person on the next turn with 1 hp left on my wizard."
    "My warrior simple bashed someone once and they died."
    "I had a deck filled with surging blocks. My enemy's attack failed to work when I blocked with surging block. Thus its not overrated. I won!1!!"

The value of barge has nothing to do with your empirical I won a game once mentality. Its not a good card.

5. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

At first glance I disliked too the low chances to successfully block but after thoughts I didn't find it was a bad thing. As you have only one chance over three of activating the block, noone knows when it will activate. Means opponant can't really disrupt the blocks by starting to hit with low power attacks. It can take time to activate but as it kinda covers the whole party it will most likely do its effect in the end (unless you're facing 3 wizards). And to me canceling an ennemy card without losing any card of yours is pretty good. I saw a legendary divine item couple days ago in the club chest with 3 cause fumble, was kinda sad not getting it caus it seemed playable. Now I have to admit that I have never played an item with cause fumble but on the paper it doesn't seem bad to me.

KamiRoo likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I have Cause Fumble on several items, and ran Benefactor's Charm for a couple of days. I remember carrying it through 4 rounds and it never activated. Could be my bad luck, but it never did much for me. It does look good on paper, but I couldn't get it to work in practice.

7. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Ok thanks for the clarification. But I think I'll still have to test it for myself as I suspect your bad luck :p
    You have as many chances to activate it as you have to fail to activate Shimmering Aura. And we know that you prefer Bertha's Big Clogs to Vira's Shoes on a firestorm mage when the first one only give one good armor when the second gives two.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Shimmering Aura doesn't help if something beats on you. ;)

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  9. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Nobody likes Barge except for me. So how can something so universally disliked be overrated?

Flaxative likes this.
  10. I think because it is rated by Blue Manchu as a silver card, that makes it over-rated. Maybe they know something we don't...

11. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Ok, well that may be the source of confusion then. When I think of overrated, it's what people/players think. But I do tend to forget that cards are "rated" based on level (paper/silver/gold/whatever).

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Which is exactly what the OP was originally talking about:

13. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

But.. but.. we're on page two of this thread! Nobody remembers the original post on page two ! :)

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

From the topic I expected it to be the 'official' rating, but discovered it was about player's opinions. We might as well cover both while we're here.

Susurrus in Gloaming likes this.
  15. It's okay to talk about over-rated cards (as per the original post), or over-rated equipment, official rating or player opinion. Just vent and get if off your chest, that's the real point.