Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yep, but the ones that do are a whole lot of fun, especially vampiric with buffs. Slaughter Priests are a blast. :)
    Heal bots, not so much.

Flaxative likes this.
  2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Dear randimar's, this week im broken, so please dont bring anything good,speacialy no VP...

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

If you get a Vibrant Pain in Randimar's I'm pretty sure you can find the motivation to grind the gold for it even if it means not sleeping for two nights. Or just buy 690 pizza slices for 20 dollars. Vibrant Pain is worth a hundred bucks or more for an active MP player, no questions asked.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Dear Randimar, thank you for the sole Legendary item on offer this week, an excellent one. I certainly appreciate your efforts in keeping us supplied with only the choicest equipment the craftsmen of Cardhuntria have ever created. Ladies and gentlemen, behold the wonder that is Bendolth's Pauldrons. Bet you didn't know an item of such splendour could even exist!

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks Randimar, you always have something flashy for me!

Elemer's Pine Staff... looks like unusable. I don't like Weak Parry for a mage, since it's usually a dead card in my hand.
    Staff Of Embers - I will finally build a fire deck for my red-headed Dwarven girl! Yahoo!!!

Backflip Buckler. Looks like a nice shield, but still inferior to Slippery Shield. And I have 3 of them.
    Pirate's Rapier. A warrior weapon with just one good attack is too weak in my eyes. Plus, I already have one :)
    St. Glist's Charm. Nice item, though I think Mind Worm should have better range, doing nothing right now...
    Vira's Chain. Just another good item with Short Perplexion Ray. Not the best one, but I collect them :)
    Zachary's Boots. I currently don't like them, even though I like Violent Spin. Weakened Armor is extremely bad, even worse than a weak attack, since you can get rid of it only if you have more than 2 cards at end of turn.

There are also some good Rare items: Blood Locket, Excellent Rapier (much better than Pirate's and requires just one token), Toad Boots. And Command for those dreaded "drawback only" scenarios. So I am happy with my assortment, but your opinion is really appreciated!

6. tuknir

Elemer's Pine Staff. isnt that bad, parry on wizards are fun, when iwaste a atack ebcause of those i get pissed :p, buy it if u have the money
    Staff Of Embers: meh, not worth the 2500g imo

Backflip Buckler kinda good, i would pay 500g to have it, i guess i would rarely use it,still its nice to have
    Pirate's Rapier- meh, since u have one already dont waste 500g
    St. Glist's Charm.- its a fun item,buy it if u fell like doing sometimes a silly build
    Vira's Chain- its decent, buy it if you dont have
    Zachary's Boots- violent spin is quite good imo, i been using some on my build,was alot of potencial, push then near your damage dealers, push then to lava, push then with path of knives etc. the gold token sucks, but if u going spent a token on boots try it sometime..i guess it can be used like the charm, for a fun build

7. tuknir

This week as legendarys i have
    Perfect Stoutness - i have the epic version already,but im going try buy this oen when i have the cash
    Sabo's Flamespit Staff - meh...

Had 2 or 3 interesting epic ones but nothing speacial

8. twistedinc

twistedinc Kobold

Second week of no legendaries...

Rod Of Winds for 100. Might be time to join the dark side.

9. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

I must have been a very good boy. I even happen to have 2,800 gp handy.
    I've been grinding the level 17 dungeons for months for a VP and here's one in Randimars. I feel guilty. Maybe I'll buy some pizza for costumes.
    vibrant pain randimars.png

10. I've been playing since one week after beta. No VP. BRB killing self.

11. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Bunch of lucky....
    Well this week the only thing of note is an Impervious Panoply. I can't see myself using it with my current setup (Dwarf Warriors with lots of Blind Rage) but I could certainly see myself using it with Human/Elf. If anything I would be happy to have two sets ( I have no Arrogant Armor for warriors yet), so buying it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Thoughts?

12. Questor

Questor Ogre

Get it, great silver token armor, very useful in SP and good for some MP builds

13. Ector

Ector Hydra

I would buy it if it had better blocks, especially Hard To Pin Down, but Weak Parry is too weak. You are getting pissed on a block from a mage? Imagine how am I going to be pissed if the block won't trigger! Honestly, can you imagine a build where this staff can be useful?
    You are kidding, aren't you? Ember Burst is the most powerful fire card, especially if you manage to hit several characters at once - and that's very likely on most maps. Some cards do more net damage, especially with Firestarter, but this is mitigated by armor. I've already bought Staff Of Embers and would happily buy a second copy or your Sabo's Flamespit Staff.

Please show me just one situation where it would be better than Slippery Shield. Slippery Shield is a monster.

I like Violent Spin very much. It won me a game when I moved enemies from the victory area and moved my characters there :) I even plan to play Reap The Whirlwind sometimes :) But I have better boots than these: Wlakwa's Boots are far better (Team Run is simply insane), Vinorkin's Boots are better for lesser token requirements and absence of the bad cards, Ulalia's Boots are great for the mages. Plus, I've discovered that I already have Zachary's Boots :)

Two copies of Duck are much better than one. I don't have it yet, and I'm jealous :)
    Meh? I'd buy it on sight. Just combine it with Firestarter and various armor-removing cards. One Flame Spit deals 8 damage to a char without armor; 14 with Firestarter. You just need a frost mage to stop enemies while your burning mage would kill them.

14. Ector

Ector Hydra

I've bought it even though I've already had Bern's Untouchable Mail. Nice and beautiful armor, even for a Dwarf. Combine it with Immovable, and the enemies will never slow or move you! Use Team Run and the other mass move cards to compensate for the lack of speed, plus, of course, the attacks with movement.

15. tuknir

i didnt say it was better than slippery, slippery is oen of the best shields period. but a situation? easy, if you facing a priest and he entangle roots ur warrior, the htpd will not work while the other shield blocks (except for dodge) will be viable still :p

16. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Ok, some interesting items this week. I've been out of the game for some time though so im not sure whats great in MP. Opinions and insight are always appreciated.

Godtouched Mace
    I really like it, but it would break the bank. If i were to combine this with my Whiteglow Flail then i cant equip my Slippery Shield which i value more in MP. I think i will hold out for playable epics but i keep going back and forth. Legendaries are just so costly that its hard to validate the investment unless its a slam dunk like Vibrant Pain

Hylithia's Robes
    I'm thinking not worth it for the money but maybe this is used in a good build?

Kelvin's Chunk Of Ice

Same thought as above

Argo's Boots
    If it were tokenless i'd go for it

Kerrik's Steel Boots
    I'm strongly considering these boots, 2 reliable mail on a blue token boot seems good to me.

17. Questor

Questor Ogre

Your assessments are plausible. I personally would not even consider the Steel Boots because spending a silver token on boots is expensive, unless they have Team Run or some other very useful things.

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I've owned Hylithia's Robes for a long time but I haven't found any good use for it. I'd say nay. There's some more talk about Arcane Shell here.

Kerrick's Steel Boots won't do much in high-rating MP but they could be useful on a maximum armor tank in SP.

19. Ector

Ector Hydra

Good legendaries (the playable ones) should be bought IMHO, as they are generally better than the alternatives. This mace is great for a Talented Healer and can open the double-cleric opportunities to you. All cards are good here, there are no weak cards that we have to keep with many popular items.

This robe is nice, but requires a token. Most playable robes are tokenless, and you generally expect much more from a token armor. Skip it.

Right, it's too costly. A yellow token should be spent on more effective things. Not that I consider Cone Of Cold ineffective, but you can get a lot of them from your staves, much cheaper.

Man, you want the tokenless boots with Hard To Pin Down? Arguably the best block card in the game? They would inevitably have some drawbacks (see Toad Boots), and yours have two great armor cards instead. It's the best item you've got, buy them without hesitation.

Believe me, Argo's Boots are much more powerful than these in MP. You rarely want to maximize armor cards, since they clog your hand, and you're going to discard them sooner or later. If you want a lot of armor, you can get it from many items: armor/robe, helmet, shield, even skills; boots are valued for special moves and tricks. You can buy Kerrick's for SP, as Jarmo suggested, if you have the money; moreover, they could even play in some Firestorm builds, but Argo's Boots can be played anywhere.

20. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Thank you so much for the advice everyone! It puts the item value into perspective. I picked up the Argo's Boots as the logic seems sound and its more affordable.