[Guild] Rating Flayer

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Pilgrim Bailey, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Want to shoot for the highest possible rating and or take the most rating you can from enemy guilds? Do you share a love and admiration for flaying and flensing? Do you see my forum avatar and feel squidtacular fear of the psionic? Then Rating Flayer may be for you...

Requirements:
    • 60+% win rate OR proof of your top-5 rating
    • Active
    • Dedication to improving as a player
    • Dedication to card hunter
    • Enjoy humor and being easygoing with guildmates
    • Post a thematic or hilarious picture in this thread as to why I should invite you, bonus points if related to the guild name or theme
    • Maintain a contribution acceptable to the primary

2. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Yay it's the Elitist Guild ! :)

Stexe likes this.
  3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

You're ranked third but climbing fast. Can you topple the Ivory Flame?
    Drama!

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  4. As befits an Illithid?

5. If so, can I/we have an honorary mind flendser item in my honor?

6. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Illicit Illithids. -That- should have been your guild name. :)

neoncat likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Another guild that limits its ranks...
    Another insignificant blip on Cardhuntria's radar...

*yawn*

When will a guild show up that can actually challenge the populist hegemony of the Sorcererers?

8. This is a fancy way of saying that you are Kim Kardashian and we are Jennifer Lawrence.

Stexe and Lord Feleran like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

And that was a fancy way of failing to make a differentiation. Yeah, jlaw fans, I went there. :p

10. The Mask Makers

The Mask Makers Mushroom Warrior

Is this guild just an offspring of The Order of the Ivory Flame?
    I see it has 2 members; and both are deserters from Ivory Flame, hmm...

11. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

Nothing to do with the Flame, our focus remains pure.
    Perhaps they were just tired of being the net negative contributors to our ranking. ;)

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  12. Indeed, they may have subconsciously been driven, rating-flayers that they are, to drop our rating. Oh well, it's like they say, "Don't hate the flayer, hate the game."

13. Very easy to get easy contribution early on, while contribution was equal, cease queuing for 3 millenia as the active players lost 40-50 per loss, and gained 10 per win, then taunt from afar ;)

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  14. This is a parody, right?

CH is serious bizniz.

15. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

I would like to apply to this guild. A few months ago I cracked the top 100 players (69th I believe) before taking a break from MP for a while. I'm now getting back into it, and am rated in the low 1300's and very much interested in improving my standings. I've won 22 out of my last 33 matches with various builds, and nine out of my last eleven with my newly re-vamped Warrior/Warrior/Priest build.

I work about 45 hours per week, so I don't have a ton of time to play MP, but I do try to get in 3-5 matches a day when I do have the time. I'm also about as easy-going as they come with a decent sense of humor. Here's a thematic picture for you that is currently my wallpaper, and will likely become my avatar should I be accepted:
    Squidhead.jpg

16. Bumpety bump

17. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Stexe (the character I made for Planescape) is an Alhoon (Illithilich). But he is against most Mind Flayers (followers of Ilsensine) as he was created due to feedback caused by the death of Maanzecorian.

See, if you want to talk about illithids (and Planescape), I know my stuff! :-P

18. I am actually curious if Pilgrim Bailey's mind-flayer fixation stems at all from Nethack. I noticed his guild title is Ascendant and just wondered if that was a reference from that old rogue-like. The mind flayers in that game are to be feared, although it's awesome to enslave a master mind flayer and have it kill everything for you...until it tries to feed on a blue jelly.

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey guys—congratulations on overtaking the Order of Ivory Flame, even if your victory be temporary.