[Wild speculation] So what's your definition of "very cool things"?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

From the official Card Hunter Facebook group:

Finally some official info on the single player content in development...or something else...? :O

2. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

It would be very cool to have a level cap increase and new adventures/treasure hunts. I will resubscribe to the card hunter club when that happens!

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

The new adventures sound neat. Looking forward to grabbing a set of new epic weapons. *acts sly and devious* :cool:

4. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I think it's the league play.

5. Pengw1n

Yeah, most likely it's stuff we already know about - like Leagues and the sp content. Still, who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Jon's been very quiet a while after all.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

1) Leagues seem to be fairly well-developed by now, judging by the developer twitter, but aren't in the test server yet.
    2) Ditto SP content—I'm actually guessing end-of-month for that.
    3) Reconnection functionality is in the next patch I believe? Haven't tested on the server yet but they're probably there.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Reconnects are already live on the test server.

8. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

There's a lot of stuff in the works that should all start being revealed soon. I think they've all been hinted at (or tested), but the scope of it all is pretty great. :)

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  9. I'd love to see the inclusion of:
    -psionicist class using mental magic with the ability to equip light armor (new category of armor) and who uses rods instead of staves.
    - warlock class focusing on cursing, auras, and poison damage (nukes and dots).
    - ranger class focusing on ranged physical damage, snaring and team mobility or buffs.
    - monk class focusing on melee damage with armor ignoring traits, resistance to certain damage types, and self healing.
    - anti-caster class focused on ranged spell disruption, theft, and spell transference to team.

As to enemy types:
    - beholders!
    - vampires/werewolves!
    - seasonal enemy types (pumpkinhead warriors from ogre battle)
    - mind flayers (illithids)!
    - mega bosses - extremely hard boss encounters that award random items and are replayable for gold or pizza.

MP
    - league play
    - co-op encounters
    - 3v3 mp league battles where 3 teammates control 1 person vs other team doing the same. This would be an awesome way to foster community interaction and team based guild play.

SP
    - single player only flavor items

Community
    - weekly/monthly community created cards, items or flavor text submissions. Devs would award the best weekly submissions with a prize of the deva choosing (whether gold, a chest, pizza, or usage of their card item or flavor text in the future).

Flaxative likes this.
  10. Pengw1n

I've seen mention of trolls, vampires (I believe), mummies, mind flenser (mind flayer), and possibly a new dragon - as well as some monster names I couldn't even place. Seems like we're getting quite some new monters to chew on for sp and custom maps.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I don't expect any of this anytime soon.

Like treasures? Or the holiday items?

12. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Prepare for the flensening!

Farbs and Pilgrim Bailey like this.
  13. Pengw1n

Complete with (f)lense flares.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Perhaps Firestorm, WW, WWE, WOW, and Nimble Strike. ;)

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not flensing? :)
    I see the gut of hilarious wordchemy continues!

16. I'm thinking more like legendary items you can get on treasure hunt maps that are usuable only on single player missions, have some lore behind them particular to that map, and are very low % drops. It would incentivize farming, be fun, and not overpowering in MP

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

18. Pengw1n

Sorry to rain on the parade if you're hoping for a new class, but I believe these "rogue weapons", are Aloyzios sentient weapons gone wild. In the .csv text Kalin linked there's mention of several of these.

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ah, true, that is a context and meaning of the term I did not immediately hit upon. Then again, this is the thread for wild speculation ;).

Pengw1n likes this.
  20. Pengw1n