Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Forestal

Forestal Mushroom Warrior

The Tool-tip/In-Game Text for the "Burst" effect says: "Affects all characters with <x> of the target square." When it should be "Affects all characters and/or tiles with <x> of the target square."

But the Card Hunter wiki correctly points out the Game-Effect: "Copy the effects of this card to all characters or tiles within the given radius of the target, unless blocked by terrain." I was worried about using Cleansing Burst effect cards until I tested this out...

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Here's a compilation from the level 9 adventures (I think half of these were reported before):

Gladiatorial Arena, Qualifiers
    Aftermath of the first battle: the crowd "cheers," but then "shower" you with gifts. Pick a plurality.
    Intro to the second battle: it's strange to talk about victory squares here. It sounds like "hey, check it out, here's a change from what you expected!" but the player never saw any victory squares in the prior match. Instead, those are coming in the NEXT match.
    Aftermath of the second battle: there's a conflict with saying "Another selection of items is presented to you between bouts," given how the crowd had showered you with gifts after the first battle. Subsequent arena battles also suggest that the presentation of items is calm (and not a shower), so the first one probably should change.
    Intro to the third battle: here, and in various of the Finals battles, the king is "Osrius." in the Cardstock II Secret Preview, he's "Osirius." Pick one.

Gladiatorial Arena, Finals
    Aftermath of the second battle: "an elven warrior" has no capitalization on "warrior," unlike the other references to "Priest" and "Wizard"

3. Sir Knight

"Benerath" still remains. The flames, however, are no longer distinguished.

4. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed for next release

5. Ben_Lee

Fixed for next release, thanks!

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

This bug has been fixed. The fix should show up in the next build. Thank you, Farbs!

7. Sir Knight

Old post, but finally spotted that the cover of Attack of the War Monkeys does, in fact, say "apon" when it should be "upon" (in "The hour is apon us").

The cover of Temple of Terror has a couple other issues. The text usually capitalizes "War Monkeys" but doesn't do so in "the war monkey's rampage" (and the apostrophe is in the wrong place for plural monkeys). Also, the phrase "Inside, lurks" doesn't need a comma right there.

And I'm not sure when this changed, but something's gone funny with the victory location banner. Normally the game says it's "unoccupied" when no one is on a square, and "contested" when equal numbers of each team are on squares, but these days it's saying "contested" for both circumstances. (The text is just fine when one side controls.)

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I first noticed this when guilds were "added", but I don't think anything in the game changed then.

9. Sir Knight

Into the Black Forest, Battle 3 aftermath: "Never have you face such a pernicious foe!" when it should say "faced"

10. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Aftermath of Highway Robbery Battle 3 - "The greedy goblins' pockets are stuffed with loot however." There was only one goblin, and you probably want a comma after loot, so it would read "The greedy goblin's pockets are stuffed with loot, however."

11. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

This typo still exists.

13. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Gary calls the Greater Abomination - Tastsii in his popip dialogue, while the game names him Tsastii. Hard to say which one you were going for!

14. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Module : Secret of the Elder Mind
    1. Carrion Trenches:
    bizarre maze built reputedly build centuries ago...
    ...Pushing the doors open, you you are assaulted...

15. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I already had all 4 of the new figures.
    Finished waterways, got 1st place and the pop-up said I got a figure and 50 pizza.
    I actually recieved 130 pizza, just the text was wrong.

Last time I won waterways it told me I got 130 pizza though.

16. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Not sure if this is a text bug or if it is a missunderstanding from my side not being a native speaker:

Beneath Tcotzak - Curses (AotA - adventure 2 - map 3) - introduction text:
    "You hear birdsong and the cries of arboreal beasts as you the ground slopes upwards."

It seems there is missing a part of text between "as you" and "the ground slopes upwards"?

*cuddles*
    Sisqui

neoncat likes this.
  17. Ben_Lee

18. Ben_Lee

19. Ben_Lee

fixed for next release, thanks!