[SUGGESTION] Add a "Restock now" option to Randimar's shop :D

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by KarbonKhan, Feb 2, 2014.

1. KarbonKhan

KarbonKhan Mushroom Warrior

I had a dream.. a dream of sweet illusion.. that when I get no worthy offers from Randimar "Dumpster Diver" Shoppkeeperson for a 3rd week in a row, I could spend 2500 gp and get him to restock immediately (once a week only and only if you haven't bought anything yet).

Should the BM team need a more fiscal incentive than the mad, wide eyed happiness of their fans when they see this implemented, make the restock cost something like 50 pizza, though this may push the game a bit more to the dark side (pay2win) so it would need to be considered carefully.

Flaxative, Bearson Onyx and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Great idea! The "no buys" and once per week restrictions, plus the 2500 gp restocking fee keep this reasonable, IMO. Most people wouldn't ordinarily use the feature due to the price, but a few weeks of "nothing to buy" would provide the funds. The game needs to have something to buy with the gold pieces we get from playing. If not an item, buy a second chance at an item.

I'd like it even better if BM could ensure that no items from the deleted inventory would appear on the new one, but that might be asking too much.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think Stexe was mentioning this too. I have no feelings either way but it's obvious that a lot of players want this.

4. I hate the idea of pay for progress or pay to win in a game already dominated by one item. I would just rather personally see a more frequently reset of randimars. Make it happen twice a week. Problem solved, equality.

5. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

There's equality in this as well, people who don't play/grind much have much less gold so twice a week randy's will be useless at best, at worst frustrating because they won't have enough time to try and save up for that wanted legendary before the few days of reset.
    Not a fan of pay2win myself but let's face it ,although not strictly pay2win because there are good items who aren't epic/legendary and skill is involved as well, this game can still make you much better, much faster if you have alot of gold.
    As a web browser game that is basically free and operates within the confines of the modern, capitalistic society we're all part of, it seems reasonable enough.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

A) Gold pieces are gained from playing, so this is not pay to win or progress, it's play to win or progress. Playing to progress is a primary point of this type of game, particularly in SP where characters start at first level.
    B) Top tier MP may be dominated by one item (I'll concede your point for argument's sake), but most of the game isn't. There are dozens of epic and legendary items I'd rather have than Vibrant Pain.
    C) As Bearson Onyx pointed out, weekly resets work very well for most players. Many will have to grind all week to buy something, and will often have to decide which of several desirable items to get with the funds they can gather.

This option is designed for people who get nothing worth buying for weeks on end.

7. To be fair, you can buy pizza and convert to gold already to buy chests, but if you buy pizza and convert to gold for purposes of resetting randimar this seems like a much much more efficient way to gain items, and as a result, I don't think they will implement it, but who knows, its their game. I'd just rather see a more frequent Randimar personally, 2-3 times per week, when the itemization largely determines a person's rating in this game, or at least skews it upwards.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I agree. :) If some people want to convert pizza to gold to churn Randimar's inventory it will bring in some money for the devs, and I consider that a good thing. It would have to be other people, because I won't.
    Personally I'd like to see Randimar's reset daily because I keep a decent stack of funds (over 30k at the moment). I think most players don't, so this is primarily for them. Disabling the restock if you buy anything would help prevent abuse by those of us who play a lot and stockpile loot, but would still give us an option if we aren't offered anything we can use.

9. Questor

Questor Ogre

Something like this please, i replay a lot of SP with a very good and fast system. So i would really love to spend gold on useful things.
    Even 1000 gold for a reset would be fair, in my experience every 2nd Randimar got something useful epic and every 4th something useful legendary.
    If you would buy a few resets and the resulting items, the pile of gold would shrink very fast and everyone would be happy.

10. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

We've got quite a bit of discussion going on about this right now, actually. The key is, obviously, trying to balance the cost of restocking vs chests and if that completely invalidates chests (or detrimentally effects the way the game is played).

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. jday

jday Mushroom Warrior

I would like to chime in on the side of some other outlet for gold, resets would certainly be reasonable. I have played this game since december, and in that time from randimar have seen 2 legendary items marginally worth buying, both boots (1 i had a copy of already but still bought, the other was in my 2nd week when 2500 gold still seemed like a lot and sadly i passed). I think this mainly depends on the luck of the draw right now, as if there was a good legendary every week I would have just been able to afford that pace in gold from playing, but as is i have 25k+ tons of treasure.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I hadn't thought about this in relation to the chest shops. I actually bought a "pizza" chest once while buying a few hundred ornate chests as a GP sink. (I got sloppy with the mouse.) I haven't bought any since then, and now I'm just kind of waiting to see how long it takes to top 100K GP.

13. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

We're not saying it's impossible, but there are a lot of factors to consider :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Sazanami

Sazanami Orc Soldier

With 150 pizza, which is equivalent to 750 gold, you can buy a chest containg two epics or better. If an option were to exist to reset randimars for 2500 gold, it would be less profitable to refresh than to simply buy three chests and get to keep 6 new epics/legendaries (Assuming that the gold was obtained using real money). In other words, the option would not benefit pay2win players.

Sir Veza and neoncat like this.