[Suggestion] Guild Champion

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Zhizz, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Zhizz

Zhizz Mushroom Warrior

Simples:

Allow the guild principal to declare one member to be the Champion (via Title ceremony?). The champion gets and loses extra points for each match.

Codde, Farbs and neoncat like this.
  2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

This is a cool idea. I can't decide whether to do this or the declaration of war system first.
    The latter is basically: Pick a guild, gain and lose bonus points against them, anyone in a guild can chose which other guild they're warring with.

Which should I do first? Thoughts?

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Shoudn't it be only guild principals who can declare war against other guilds? Or do you wish to promote potentially heated interaction within guilds and potentially more wars (which is an entirely legitimate idea)? War is more important than champions IMHO based on the number of declarations of war we've already seen without any formal system and as wars affect more players.

Zhizz likes this.
  4. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

potentially heated interaction within guilds
    Yes, precisely!

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Strife and toil makes the guild blood boil. Fair enough.

6. Zhizz

Zhizz Mushroom Warrior

Actually, I'm with @Jarmo on this one. War > Champions. Would Allying/Barricading (which I' theve also heard you talk about, @Farbs), also be part of the War system, or are these all separate entities?

7. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

I'm loving this guild system, particularly the guild record feed. Personally I like the Champion option. Would be interesting if the champion could "die" or be "overthrown" if beaten by a fellow guild member.

Zhizz likes this.
  8. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

10 am: Champion Farbs of NinetyNineKnaves has slain Champion Codde of Slowking, seizing 28 points.
    (Codde's title of Slowking Champion has been passed on to bud.)
    11 am: New Champion Codde of Slowking has defeated guildmate bud in a title match.

Zhizz likes this.
  9. Zhizz

Zhizz Mushroom Warrior

I think you need to seriously consider first whether Guilds are to serve any RP utility. If so, that's great, because the intraguild conflict is between characters. If not, then it's going to be about real people falling out with one another, which could be damaging to the community.

I really am for more RP in CH, but I get the feeling I may be in the minority from discussions I've had in the lobby.

Farbs, Codde and Flaxative like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm definitely in the RP boat, and I'm sure Snorre realizes all my guild-oriented trash talk about his "band of scrubs" is just that.

I'm a bit worried about any member of a guild being able to declare war, though. How would it work? Can a guild be at war with multiple guilds? Or can Random Sorc McRandomerson change our rival guild just by doing something on their own? Would like to see guild wars (and alliances) be initiated by custom scenarios where two guild leaders need to play each other.

Codde likes this.
  11. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

Do champions first. See how it goes. It will give you good feedback so when you do move forward with War, its grand, its fun, and it's a party.