Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

This depends on what do you want from your control wizard. If you want to completely pin down an enemy, one Frost Jolt wouldn't be enough against Humans and Elves. If you just want to slow him down, to let your warriors catch him and finish him, then you may prefer Staff of Winter (especially if you have an Elf Warrior). If you're playing 2+ wizards, then you may just finish your enemy with Frost Jolts + Paths of Knives, but I still suspect that freezing him completely and spamming Fire Wall/Spikes for him would be much more reliable.

Cone of Cold is good just for completely pinning your opponent, that's why I'm playing two Frosty Staves. Cone + Jolt block almost everything, even Nimble Strikes, for 2 turns. I may try changing one staff to Staff of Winter though since I have Larkin's Orb and Xemu's Crown :) But Sub-Zero would be really great.

2. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Randimar's has nothing new for me this week. Everything I already have a copy of. There was a second Black Walnut Staff I picked up for firestorm builds.

There's also a second Raging Battler that I will probably pick up. It's a good item for warrior builds when you don't want to spend a token, but it also doesn't have toughness or dwarven battle cry which makes me a bit sad.

3. outofbox00

outofbox00 Kobold

3x altruism divine skill went for 100g. When I decided to buy it, my game crashed. When I relog, the shop's inventory were reset.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

After months of avoidance, Randimar finally smiled at me this week. :) Not a huge grin or the best items, but some things worth having. I got excited and bought them all. Possibly out of shock.
    Legendary:
    The Perforator
    Xander's Mail
    Epic:
    Azure Shield
    Farzil's Perplexing Horn (my 2nd)
    Flashing Longspear
    Hylithia's Wand
    Mad Eskin's Pin (my 3rd)
    Nifty Halberd (my 3rd)
    St. Olf's Fiery Pike (my 4th)
    Superb Stoutness
    White Katana (my 4th)
    I'd have bought Bertha's Big Clogs too, but I was already maxed.

Pilgrim Bailey and neoncat like this.
  5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gratz on the gear, and good luck on the farming! It took me months to find my first Firehide Robes, but the harvests were quicker after I did. :)

7. Reint

Reint Ogre

Only two items worth mentioning this week: Staff Of Embers and Staff Of The Arctic. Any opinions? Before the Fireball nerf the Staff of Embers would have been a no-brainer; now it's not so obvious a purchase, though it would be good against those darned trees...

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Staff Of Embers is great against those darned trees, and good against most other things. It's particularly useful on Firestorm farming teams for a second type of burn. Pricey, but IMO it's worth it.
    Staff Of The Arctic would be useful on open maps. Otherwise I'd prefer a Staff Of Winter or Frosty Staff, which are both 'Rare' and much cheaper.

9. Ector

Ector Hydra

No good legends for me this week... I guess Randimar decided to let my wallet rest a bit :)

Nice epics are: Firehide Robes (obviously good, already bought), Staff Of Blazing Sparks, Staff Of Pain and St. Ozark's Blade (not sure on the latter, but I guess it's the weapon should be used by Insightful Elves ;)). What do you think?
    Nice rares are: Auric Charm, Savvy Attacker, Shuddering Relic, Sticky Slippers. I want Superb Evasion just in case I will ever build an elven mobility party. Is Vampire Blade good enough to play it?
    What do you think about Auric Charm? I feel it's one of the few items with Inspiring Presence and without crap :) I don't like Healing Blessing, but it's useful. Entangling Roots is a great addition to the arsenal of an encumber wizard, if you have him.

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

St. Ozark's Blade, you should save your money and use Aureate Mace instead.
    Vampire's Blade is a 100% necessary item for Vampire priests. Otherwise it isn't used.
    I see people using Auric Charm still; it is better than Scuffed Relic at least. I don't like Inspiring Presence anymore.
    That's pretty funny, I can't imagine when you would want to build an elven mobility party. Probably never? I like to collect good, rare items like Superb Evasion, Perfect Command, Inspired Command, etc, but I wouldn't normally buy rare items since they will drop given enough time in multiples of 3. o_o
    It's a simple rule. Don't buy anything from Randimar unless you would be happy with one or three more.

11. This week's Random R batch has just the one Legendary: Czint's_Buckler

I guess it's not so much whether it's good (tokenless shield with 3 better than average blocks is definitely good), but whether it's a better play than another excellent tokenless shield, Underdog's_Shield, which I have three of already.

12. HenryTheCat

HenryTheCat Kobold

13. Get that Draining Dagger if you are interested in playing a vampire priest. Apprentice Ferocity is an awesome tokenless ability with two cycling traits. I would definitely pick it up.

14. Absolutely it is. Maybe not worth 2500g, but I'd buy it myself, its fantastic for its no-token cost. Very versatile shield. Great to crush people wwe you also if you catch them with an icy.

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

I would buy Perilous Agility. Good tokenless skill, especially for an Elf Warrior with long weapons (range 2). Flanking Move + immediate attack is even better than Vicious Thrust, since the opponent may be unable to hit you. Plus, most good range 2 attacks are penetrating.

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

Randimar decided to empty my wallet this week :) Please share your opinion on his offers:

Legendaries:
    Orb Of Eex. Two Cones are always good, but 2500 gold is a high price. I also doubt on Force Cone, though pushing effect may be very good with freezing wizards.
    Skull Of Savage Iljin. Inspiring Presence is obviously good, but how about Savage Curse? If we consider it good, then I should buy the skull, as a great tokenless item.
    Xander's Mail. No questions here :cool:. The best tokenless armor, period.

Epics:
    Demon's Golden Blade. Four great cards and two awful cards. I dislike traits that automatically harm my chars... but even two Obliterating Chops will wreak havok, especially if I manage to hit two targets.
    Gleaming Glaive. No curses here... but three simple stabs aren't very impressive. Still, they have range 2.
    Impervious Panoply. I have Bern's Untouchable Mail, but it requires a yellow token, while this needs only blue one. Warriors are very hungry for the yellow tokens. Is Heavy Armor playable? I guess not for the Dwarf, as moving 1 square isn't enough :)
    Wex's Mail. Great tokenless armor for the Wizards-heavy metagame :) Or for the magic-heavy PvE missions.
    White Katana. I am not a great fan of it, but it has two fast moves and can be used in "all items with drawbacks" PvE builds :)

Rares:
    Blood Locket. Is it better than a Runestone or not? I guess it is, since Path of Knives inflicts a lot of damage if you have a lot of Winds.
    Toad Boots. Looks like good tokenless boots, especially for a healing/buffing priest with the low number of attack cards. Hard To Pin Down is always welcome. What do you think?
    Trained Stoutness. I don't like being pinned for a round, but looks like we have three great blocks here, especially Duck. I don't have any twice-Toughness dwarf skills for now, and my decks are low on blocks.

19. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Im not dissapoited with randis legendarys this week..... because this week i have zero there :\

Bearson Onyx likes this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader