[Suggestion] Guild Challenge

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Zhizz, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Zhizz

Zhizz Mushroom Warrior

Dear Blue Manchu,

I think it would improve the game if a member of a guild was able to challenge a member of a rival guild. Maybe do it so that you can only challenge from the guild directly above your Guild in the rankings. It would work like this:

ICK member sees that there are only a few more points needed to overtake YOLO in the rankings. He notes that there are a few YOLO players currently awake. So instead of clicking on the Play Ranked Match he clicks on the Guild Challenge icon (which you will need to create if you like my suggestion). This will send a challenge to a random available opponent from the relevant guild (i.e. no fishing for who you might like to fight from that guild). Ideally I would like to suggest that the challenged player is dragged into the match so that they have to defend their guild's honor, but I guess folks won't like that. In that case, make it so that refusing the match will cost them 1 point, and it is recorded in the Guild History that they ran like a sissy being chased by an angry schoolgirl.

Thank you for considering my Suggestion. I welcome any feedback from your good selves as well as the other players. Please do not flame me out because I may not understand the Nuances that would make this idea unfeasible.

Warm regards,
    Zhizz

2. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

Sometimes people are online but don't actually want to play.

3. Zhizz

Zhizz Mushroom Warrior

4. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

And that alone is a disincentive to just hang out in chat.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

While I think sending specific challenges to guild members is very cool, the idea of forcing them to fight lest they suffer a consequence is a prime example of the kind of negative reinforcement that I think we'd all rather avoid.

However, somehow having that challenge remain (and possibly on display) until accepted might be better? That means that everyone knows you have a challenge hanging but you have yet to stand up to it. It doesn't hurt your guild or your rank...just your pride :)

Not sure how to mitigate some jerk from just challenging everyone all the time and just being a nuisance, however...

ParodyKnaveBob and Zhizz like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Maybe make it so you can't challenge someone who has blocked you. I like your suggestion.

7. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Yeah, definitely not someone who's blocked you. And if you block them, the challenge goes away perhaps? Hmm...

8. You can already do this without rank or win/loss swapping having to be potential fears by simply making a forum challenge tourny to another guild and posting results.

9. Zhizz

Zhizz Mushroom Warrior

Dear Pilgrim Bailey,

Thank you for your Response to my idea. I very much agree with your position on this, however I must respectfully venture that I do Prefer the idea of having a system of Guild Challenges that is linked to the existing Mechanics for Guild Rankings.

Best Wishes,
    Zhizz

PS - thank you to everyone who has contributed to this Thread

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

*summons FARBS* All we need is a guild ritual like "[META] Guild Duel". Then, you issue the challenge in the PvP lobby, like so: "I challenge all those cowardly knaves from (insert guild here) to a duel!" Start the custom match, the guild site records the result, and awards points just like a normal ranked match. Your in-game ELO won't change, but the guild ranking will.

ParodyKnaveBob and Zhizz like this.
  11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You could be restricted to just one open challenge at a time, both as challenger and challenged. That way you couldn't be mobbed with challenges or spam challenges. The challenges should expire in, let's say a week. A list of unanswered expired challenges could be kept.

It might be good to limit challenges to be possible only between guilds and not individuals. It could be harder to bully with them this way. It would also lead to more communication within the guilds which would probably be a good thing.