What is the shortest method to get most gold pieces (gp)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ClimbHigh, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Okay, I must have screwed it up again. I logged a few this morning, but this afternoon it's back to errors. I tried clearing the cache and restarting CH, etc., but no joy in five attempts. Here is an example of the output I'm getting.

Attached Files:

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

It would be good to have the logs anyways, so I can figure out what exactly caused it to choke. Users shouldn't have to pre-format data. :)

missed your post after the page turn... I'm taking a look, will post an update soon

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Okay, it turns out it was choking because the order of properties in the data format is not fixed. I've made it parse all properties now, so it's easy to generate whatever output format y'all want. At present it produces the following output, for example:

I intend to whip up another utility that will let you cross-reference any tab/comma-separated data with the equipment.csv file, so that y'all can do whatever you like with it. :)

Attached Files:

Jarmo and Sir Veza like this.
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I eventually figured out that neoncat's Awesome CH Treasure Log is reliable on my machine if I run Firefox. This kinda sucks, because FF runs slower and crashes more often for me than chrome, but the treasure log is worth it.

I lost a few runs due to flash crashes. I don't think any rare+ items were involved. If any were, at least it was random. In any case, it's probably more accurate than I would have achieved if tracking manually. I ran level 4, because I believe it's under-reported. Probably for good reasons.

Attached Files:

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the data, Veza! I'll pretty it up at some point. Neoncat's tools sure make things more efficient, which is very nice!

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You seem to be much better at prettying up data than I am, so I imposed. :rolleyes:
    Sorry. Sort of.

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Not at all, not at all. Any data is thankfully received. I just hope to have a setup at some point which takes care of the prettying as automatically as possible, using Neoncat's tools (and any others which might turn up) as components. Just have to build the system first :). Or maybe Kalin gets there before I do? Then it would be easy to handle any data that has accumulated here by that point. Thankfully, the data won't spoil any time soon :).

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Data dump: 1000 drops (unprettied) from L13 'The Jewel of Alet Zhav'

Attached Files:

Jarmo likes this.
  10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Very nice, thank you very much, Veza! Now that's really some data to sink one's teeth into!

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Glad you appreciate it, and happy to help! :)
    Data dump: 1000 drops (unprettied) from L8 'The Compass Of Xorr'
    (No legendaries in 1000 drops. My RNG and I are not on good terms at the moment.)

Attached Files:

Jarmo likes this.
  12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks again, Veza! Your efforts are very much appreciated. Rest assured I will table the data and present it here once I get the chance, hopefully this week. It will be much easier to design an Excel worksheet which will automatically format the findings with this much raw data to work with.

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

No rush, Jarmo. I appreciate what you're doing. I waste a lot of time on this game, so I might as well channel it into something a bit more thoughtful than simple boredom relief. ;)

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Level 6 comparison:
    500 drops - The Defense of Woodhome
    500 drops - The White Star

Jarmo,
    Have you thought about asking people who play the adventures straight through to record and report their loot? It could be especially helpful for stats on the end-of-adventure chests. Maybe start a "Farm Reports" thread as a place for anyone willing to gather the data to drop it. Just a thought.

** sigh ** Now it's time to clean up my bloated inventory that has been building up all week. I doubt it would help to bump the 'sell excess' thread, because they know we want the function by now.

Attached Files:

Jarmo likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Veza, no, I haven't. I have not much interest in the gold chests myself. Of course anyone is free to start a project on it should they so wish. And once again, thanks for the data!

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'll wait for someone to start such a project then, 'cause I ain't gonna. :p I'm mildly curious about the odds, but I'm not an analyst.

17. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Hello all, an interesting thread you have here.
    I've been studying statistics in uni for a few years now so I'd be glad to take a look here.
    From data of about 4700 drops from page 7 of this thread and from my own data of about 1500 drops I got such numbers:

The probabilites of getting an item with the following rarity are, with a 95% probability, within those borders:
    Common: 0.7434 0.7649
    Uncommon: 0.1834 0.2032
    Rare: 0.03604 0.04596
    Epic: 0.00759 0.01259
    Legendary: 0.00051 0.00242

As you can see, the variability is big, especially when looking at legendarys since there are only that many legendary drops recorded.
    Two more thoughts: http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/File:Upgrade_Rates.png - here it should be stated, even after many times being updated, that the numbers are only estimates and can vary;
    we need more data. After adding my numbers from level 6, 7, 12 and 17 adventures to previous ~4700, we have:

4635 commons (75.4%), 1188 uncommons (19.3%), 252 rares (4.10%), 62 epics (1.01%) and 9 legendarys (0.146%).
    With more data, more accurate numbers could be calculated, so start writing your drop rarities down people :)

Jarmo likes this.
  18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the valuable statistics info, Feleran! It's very good to get a more practised look at the probabilities in addition to my own amateur efforts.

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Veza, I'm currently developing the Excel workbook which will help me present the loot data you have supplied. The main collating functionality already works, the rest is just mechanical work of preparing the workbook for more general cases. I should have the prettied data up within a day unless something urgent comes up tonight.

As you have been using the verbose log to capture adventure chest drops as they happen, have you had any problems with it? I tried it for a run and it seemed to me Flash could run out of memory and crash and the log would be lost. Have you found an optimum session length before extracting the log etc? I'm interested in any information about your methodology with this if you care to share it.

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I will publish the Excel tool once it's done. As a preview here's the key function:
    SUMIFS(sum_range, criteria_range1, criteria1, [criteria_range2, criteria2], …).
    With it it's easy to calculate the sum of the item counts of all inventory lines which contain e.g. "Uncommon" in the Rarity column and "14" in the Level column.

Here's the function in action:
    =SUMIFS($B$2:$B207;$D$2:$D207;J$2;$E$2:$E207;$I3)
    The dollar signs are there to allow easy copying of the function to a grid of to-be results. There's no need to manually adjust the function for each cell.

LibreOffice Calc and the Google spreadsheet tool probably contain a similar function if someone wants to use the same principle with free tools.