Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Randimar's has only one legendary this week. I already have it, but it would be my third Vibrant Pain . Not sure it's worth having three of these?

2. kogi

kogi Ogre

T.T . zero vibrant pain

3. Reint

Reint Ogre

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

A few hours spent speed farming the L6 Kobold mines will usually net enough to buy an epic. Just sayin'. ;)

Once again I had a good selection of items I'm fully stocked on, and nothing I actually wanted. I bought Juniper's Boots and Ulrin's Scuttling Socks because I was over 30k in gold and treasure, and they're the best Randimar has offered me in 6 weeks. Pretty sad.

6. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

30k? Omg. You only play campaign?

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yep. Mostly farming for items these days.

8. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

I only have 4.2 but with randimars like the ones I had last 2 weeks its enough. Not even 1 legendary there, I bought some epics just to spend some gold, I'm not using them.

9. JoeyFTW

JoeyFTW Kobold

In multiplayer, I've been running two warriors and a wizard, so should I go for the Angry Jack's Helmet or hold out for another Solid Iron Helmet? Any thoughts on which of the two of these is generally better?

EDIT: Also, any thoughts on why that link didn't work?
    EDIT: Fixed

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It needs to point to Items not Cards; use the green ball button.

11. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, I've only had 1 semi-good Legendary (Captain Cedric's Helm) in Randimar's in the past 6 or 7 weeks. Bought quite a few Epics and Rares (nothing really good, just to round out my collection since I had 10k in gold). But I'm at the point where I have every Rare in the game (although not max copies yet) and most good Epics (save for Lochaber it seems).

Really wish I could spend money (like $10 or 10k gold or something) to get an "upgraded" Randimar where it resets once a day. There are only a few Legendary items that I'm really lusting after (Vibrant Pain and maybe another Wym's Lavastaff). Outside of that (which seems unlikely to spawn from a weekly Randimar reset) my gold will just keep growing at my current rate.

Definitely needs more gold sinks or something.

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've never used my Angry Jack's Helmet because I found 2 Captain Cedric's Helmets first, but it looks pretty good. I'd be inclined to use Angry Jack's Helmet for dwarves and Solid Iron Helmet for elves. Kind of a toss-up for humans. In SP a lot would depend upon whether you expect to be dealing damage or tanking it.

13. Aeldaar

Aeldaar Kobold

Is Mordecai's Staff of Magma worth 2500g? That is just about all the g I have, but volcano is a good spell

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yes.
    Gold is easy to get, but Mordecai's Staff Of Magma isn't.

15. Aeldaar

Aeldaar Kobold

Arcadian Rook gave me a legendary treasure, so I snap bought that and a second Shuddering Relic. Now I'm thinking about Red Jon's Boots, which are great and probably useful for the low level quests, but I already have Mouse Boots...

still no Trembling Staff :<

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

:confused: We can give treasures? That's way cool! Any idea how it's done?
    Speed farming the low levels for a while should net you a trembling staff or six.

17. Aeldaar

Aeldaar Kobold

he gave me a treasure by letting my warriors punch him to death in multiplayer :3

speed farming would be firestorming the first level of lair of the trog wizard ad infinitum? I wish this was like team fortress, where I could just spend a dollar on it or trade some spiral knights currency...

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Ah. That I understand.
    Basically, yes. Firestorm or any other quick method. I'd recommend L4 Ruby Demon Portal or L5 Rescue from Shieldhaven and do all but the last dungeon in either. It's repetative and simply too boring for some people, but it gives results to the patient. Unlike Randimar who doesn't give me squat. No legendaries again, and no worthwhile epics.

19. Aeldaar

Aeldaar Kobold

wouldn't the level three dungeons have the best chance at dropping a level three item?

20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

In theory, but the drops are +/- 3 levels. The next dungeon loads at the same time as the loot drop, so it's quicker to play 3 dungeons, exit and reload than to play 1 dungeon twice with a reload between, and speed farming is all about the number of chests per hour. I've found more Trembling Staffs on L4 and L5 than on L3, but that may be because I've farmed L4 and L5 more. A lot of good tokenless L6 and L7 items show up on L5 as well.