[Farming] lvl4 firestorm

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by neoncat, Dec 30, 2013.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

There are better firestorm builds floating around, but firespam is effective for low-level farming even without the best equipment, so long as you can get ~2 firestorms for each wizard in your party.

Level 4 is the sweet spot, because each wizard has robes (for resistant hide), and only two arcane items (so you only need 6, rather than 9 firestorm items).

Since I don't have Trembling Staff, the best cycling I can get is Unwieldy Staff. Fumble actually isn't so bad here, because there's enough armor to replace any I have to drop, and I never have Firestorm left to hold.

Typically, I can just spam firestorms because the dwarves have more HP than any enemy. 2 or 3 will clear the map. I don't bother with finishing off individual enemies unless they get close enough to attack. If the dwarves have enough HP, sometimes I'll just soak hits because passing until the next round (when I draw another firestorm) is faster than N individual attacks.

It takes less than a minute to complete any map from the level 3 quests ("Lair of the Trog Wizard" and "Highway Robbery"), or from the level 4 quest "Ruby Demon Portal". Limiting factor for completion time is actually animations (even turned up to top speed), and how fast I can click on traits.

Campaign1
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard
    1 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Run
    1 x Squeamish
    2 x Fumble
    2 x Fire Spray
    2 x Firestorm

Campaign2
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard
    1 x Run
    1 x Squeamish
    2 x Fumble
    2 x Firestorm
    1 x Hardy Mail

Campaign3
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard
    1 x Run
    1 x Zap
    1 x Squeamish
    2 x Fumble
    4 x Firestorm
    1 x Hardy Mail

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the template! I have been lucky enough to get some rarer tokenless Firestorm stuff and adapted the build accordingly. Seems to work great even with a quick try!

For some reason I always thought the level 4 wizard build was just for the SP 1 HP quests, I never thought to use it for low-level farming, so thanks for the very good idea!

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Have you noticed you can get Electroporter Novice from Kyburz Market? The average daily chance of getting one there is about 31.75 %, which produces a 99.524 % chance of seeing at least one within 14 days.

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Aeldaar

Aeldaar Kobold

but if you farm the level three missions with your level four dwarves, they'll eventually level up!

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

We're using the speed farming technique of leaving before playing the last level, then immediately returning to play the first level again. If you don't complete the adventure, you don't gain experience.