Unofficial statistics site

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Snorre Liljegren

Snorre Liljegren Mushroom Warrior

Farbs, i tried confirming my profile as it says, but nothing happens, is it because my forum name is in 2? and can i change it to just Snorre like in the game? :)

Even tried just writing Snorre Liljegren as name and "Snorre Liljegren", nothing worked :)

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ah, yeah that's probably the issue with long names. Thanks for checking it out! Did you see the troubleshooting note about that, underneath the ceremony instructions?

This should be much less of an issue after the next build, since I've bumped the maximum scenario name length from 32 characters up to 64.

3. Didn't work for me either. I tried it twice with "Scared Little Girl", second time with the #FN before the name. Maybe this is related to names that are in 2 or 3 parts like Snorre suggested?

EDIT: Farbs pointed out that the #FN thing has to replace the whole scenario name, not just your forum name (so get rid of that META etc.). It's working now. Thanks!

One other option is that I "broke" the whole thing because the first time I didn't read all the instructions and finished the scenario with the default name.

I like the scenario though The second time I played I managed to destroy the back door with a volcano and the goblin ran out. :)

4. Farbs

Ha, awesome. I think using ceremonies to do things is going to be pretty fun, especially when victory determines the action and the battling players have different agendas :D

5. Farbs

Oh, and I'm looking into the Space thing now. Ta.

6. Snorre Liljegren

It worked with the #FN thing, sorry i hadnt noticed :) Just wrote #FN Snorre Liljegren and it worked :)

7. Farbs

MINOR UPDATE:
    Added submenus to the main nav bar in preparation for guild work, and a shiny new favicon.
    Some minor page re-arrangement.

8. Qui11

Qui11 Kobold

I would like to see Most Recent Rating/Average Rating Past Week (Month?) Excellent work so far.

9. Snorre Liljegren

and highest achieved rating would also be great :) What bout highest loosing streak? or is that like hall of shame thing? i sometimes feel like loosing all the time, would be fun to see how much it actually is :)

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Rating isn't in the API (yet) unfortunately but I think it is in the pipeline.

11. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Yay, I'm legitimate! Nice to have independent confirmation on this.

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

Farbs, would it be possible to use this site to get a peasant rating somehow?

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If peasant games were ONLY played on "Peasant" scenarios, the API would be able to identify them and we could have stats on peasant games.

Farbs likes this.
  14. Farbs

Yep, what Flaxative said. Verifying that someone is using Peasant build is a little tricky though, since it requires a lot of extra api request & in-depth analysis of the items equipped.
    So, possible: yes. Trivial: no :)

15. Farbs

I noticed that daily scenario stats aren't being cleaned up, so I looked into that. It turned out that main cron job hasn't been running for the past couple of days! Luckily the main battle scrape also occurs whenever someone views a data page, and it turns out this has had enough traffic to keep everything running. Phew!

I've made a few changes which should hopefully fix the cron problem and get this all back on track. We should see a less insane custom scenario page shortly.

16. I was wondering if there was a better way of doing the "standing" thing.

I am currently on a 6-win win streak. Statistics however say that my win streak is zero. This is mostly because I had something like 4 or 5 game losing streak yesterday, and I guess I didn't score that required 2 points in some of them. The thing is that I tried to win each and every one of them, and and on top of losing ratings, I also lost standing. It's like I was penalized twice for losing. The problem is that it's not that uncommon to lose with no points. This happens very often to either me or my opponent.

I was wondering if there there was a way to use total match duration as a variable? Since the idea is to determine whether or not the player made good effort or simply resigned to lower their ratings, I think that match duration would be very useful. If I wanted to to resign all matches, I would probably do it as soon as the match starts. I don't think anyone would have the patience to stall and waste their own time in the hopes of getting a slightly better win streak.

Average duration of an MP match seems to be 10 minutes (surprising low btw) so maybe the standing formula could work so that standing penalties are not given, regardless of the score, if the duration is something like.. 6-7 minutes?

17. Snorre Liljegren

Couldnt agree more SLG, happens quite often for me too, meaning i never get the correct winning streak because the first few wins is fixing my standing..

And sometimes i take out the entire opp team without them killing any of mine, meaning that they loose standing :S not really fair..

18. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

I agree with both SLG and Snorre. I don't want to feel bad about winning 6-0. I also don't want to have my first 2 wins not count after losing legitimately 6-0. Certainly there should be a system to detect and punish intentional tanking, but punishing a great deal of legitimate players is not the way to do it. I don't think time is the solution either, because not only have I finished matches in under 5 minutes, but tankers will just make their opponents wait for the 5 min or whatever before quitting, and no one wants that.

19. Matches where you lose 6-0 with a duration of less than 5 minutes should be pretty rare. At least they are for me. Firestorm builds are probably only ones consistently capable of doing finishing that quickly, but even then it requires a really good hand. Also just because some matches might end faster than 5 minutes, does not mean the system I propose wouldn't be a huge improvement to the current system.

It's very hard for me to imagine a situation where someone is willing to stall for 5 minutes per match for dozens of matches just so that they could tank their rating and maybe get a 10-20 win win streak, which will probably not even happen because your rating will shoot back up pretty fast and there's always that one match you will lose no matter who you fight. However if someone did that, there's also the "report" function. If enough people report the staller, something will presumably be done about it.

Apart from duration, I don't think there are many other variables we could use to weed out the cheaters. While it might not be a perfect solution, I think when combined with the report function, it's the best solution we've got. If it is even technically possible that is.

20. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

It's hard for me to imagine that someone would intentionally tank their rating from 1700 to 1000, but people do it, and I think the kind of person who would do that has a decent overlap with the kind of person who would intentionally stall. Not counting the one disconnect my opponent had, I played 8 matches in under 6 minutes yesterday, all to completion or my obvious winning, as I don't concede anymore no matter how bad I'm losing (an exception would be made if I was losing and my opponent was intentionally stalling for some reason). I'm sure at least some of them were 6-0 or 6-1. The question may become: Do cheaters need to be weeded out? If you're tanking, you're not going to be on any win rate leaderboard, you may be on games played, though the player I refer to above is not. That leaves the win streak, which as you mention still requires a great deal of difficulty to get very high. Perhaps if standing is to be used, wins can count towards streaks as long as the standing is positive, not maximum.