[SUGGESTION] Tieflings!!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Martin K, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

A race with a special move (anything other than Walk / Run / Dash) will be hell to balance. Not impossible but very difficult. I think the devs noticed themselves when they switched elves from Scamper to Dash. I'd only give a race a special move card if the flavor demands it. Say Fly for pixies.

For Tieflings, Run makes the most sense because their background is "humans with demonic blood". I think that's fine if the racial skills are unique enough to set them apart from humans.

2. Yes, it's not easy to balance that's for sure, but there's no other way if we want unique movement. Some kind of a Giant/Construct with Shuffle might lead to slow and boring matches, while basic movement of 5 is probably too much (unless you make it Charge or something).

I did not know that Elves originally had Scamper (I heard something about free movement and just assumed Dash was originally free movement). Do you know for a fact that they changed it because Scamper was too powerful? I don't think Scamper is that powerful, and that extra 1 movement of Dash would be better in many situations. Then again I haven't used it much so I don't know.

One other option is to make a new kind of movement. For example this Tiefling could have something like "Fire Walk" or "Blazing Run" that would leave a trace of lava or something. It's a really bad example I know but you get the idea.

Yes, it definitely makes sense thematically, but I personally like the fact that each race has their own special movement and I wouldn't want that to go away.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Scamper was broken because all figures were clumsy by default.