Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Links should be fixed now. Sorry it seems I was brainafk while posting the items.

Sarigo's Rod is definetly a nice item. If I can skip the others then I am happy with that. More gold to save for better items. ;) But I really thought the Lucent Talisman would be a good one too.

I cannot be that much away from Campaigns End? At least that was what I thought, My Team is level 17 and the last Adventures were "Temple of Terror" and "Attack of the War Monkeys". I am now heading into the black forest. I think I'll try to reach Campaigns End this week. Lower Prices are always nice. :)

Thanks so far!
    *cuddles*
    Sisquinanamook

2. Eton

Eton Mushroom Warrior

That makes sense. You could notice that the prices of those Lv18 (higher than your char level) items are doubled, and the rest are normal.

About the Lucent Talisman, it is ok for the moderate price (100~200g).
    But for a golden token item, you may find something more attractive like
    Medallion Of St. Vigus
    St Ulrich's Bones
    Lifedrinker Tome
    and you can notice two of them are just common/uncommon!

this one is awesome, Bleneth's Skull, but you know it is a legendary...

3. Moogle Stiltzkin

Moogle Stiltzkin Mushroom Warrior

i got the medallion, ulrich's bones and bleneth's skull.

i love the medallion but it requires a gold token. for a higher sp module it's not a big deal. but as you go to lower level modules, it's better to swap out for Shielding Token which also has 2 nimbus for the price of a blue token.

st ulrich's bones is amazing.... i use it for MP, although you could fit it into sp as well. it requires a gold token though.

bleneth's skull is amazing but only recommended for either a full vamp priest or heavy melee dps setup. If your doing firestorm/volcano builds for sp farming, then it's not useful for that. MP is amazing as well :) Also requires a gold token, but it's worth it.

4. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

New week new Randimars!

Last week was very tempting with a Keen Baselard, Whiteglow Flail and Simin's Glowing Mirror and I ended up converting some pizza when I couldn't grind enough gold.

This week was another easy pass for the legendaries. Elemer's Diadem, Fulg's Cleansing Pot and Mail Of St. Oxivia. I guess I'll have money over at the end of this week.

For epics, Dorimer's Boots are nice but a yellow token is a lot for "just" a Team Run. The others are Aegis Of The Defender, Novice Evasion, Trickster's Blade, Unholy Cudgel and White Katana. Any must-buys?

The most useful item this week is thankfully a 100 gp rare: Sky Locket.
    Other good rares are Perfect Ferocity (but I already have the better and blue token Advanced Ferocity), a Rusty Buckler, Crafted Monkey Boots and Heavyweight Mace.

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

For the first time in a month my Randimar's had some items worth buying, but none of the things I was really hoping for.

Items I didn't have:
    Quellic's Boots (I love reliable mail.)
    Staff Of Winter
    Shadow Spear (I usually use Blazing Shortsword for range 2, but sometimes Combustible can get you killed.)

Supplemental Items:
    Sticky Slippers 3rd for set
    Savvy Attacker 3rd for set
    Infused Greatclub 4th
    Rageblood Dagger 3rd

And a couple I'd like to people's opinions on:
    Hawlic's Surging Shield
    Frozen Shield

Both Shields have their good points, but I'm not sure I'd ever use them.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'd buy the Trickster's Blade in a heartbeat. Hard To Block 3 drops parries to a 2 in 6 chance. The 5 damage isn't the best, but it's hard to find a decent weapon with all attacks at range 2. Rusty Bucklers aren't bad, but not necessarily a 'must buy'. I'd buy the Crafted Monkey Boots too, although I'm not sure how often I'd use them.

7. Questor

Questor Ogre

no

Slippery Shield is just rare and beats them both.

8. Sisquinanamook

Hi there,
    this is my third week shopping in Randimar's Rarities and I firmly believe I have absolutely no clue what exactly I am doing there. (as always ^^)
    I am running a pure Dwarven Team: 2 Wizards (more or less control wizards) and one Cleric (to support the Wizards with Heal and Carddrawing). It's still a WiP.

* considering
    * would if I could

Legendary
    Troll's Ire

Epic
    *Badjeera's Black Relic
    Crespin's Shroud
    Emperor's Plate
    Gaudekki's Orb
    *Healing Hand Mace
    Sparking Shell
    St. Amarack's Cudgel
    * Vinorkin's Boots

Rare
    Emerald Circlet
    Focused Cleansing
    Focused Healer
    Focused Impaling
    Focused Pyromancy
    * Frosty Staff
    Opaline Armor
    * Peacock Boots
    Pin Of The Painful Mirage
    Rageblood Dagger
    * Shielding Token

*cuddles*
    Sisquinanamook

9. Questor

Questor Ogre

Your marked items are all useful but not must haves. And forget about boots with tokens, if you want to spend gold on boots wait for the good ones level 8 or less.

It seems you are short on funds, so skip Randimars this week unless you dont have a staff with encumber effects yet, then take the Frosty Staff or save up until you get your hands on a Staff Of Winter.

10. Eton

Eton Mushroom Warrior

11. Sisquinanamook

Thanks for the reply. :)
    I am always short on funds. If I get lucky I am around 100 to 150 gold. If I would skip Randimars everytime I have no gold... I would never buy at Randimars. ^^*
    I always try to find worthy Items at Randimar's and if there is something of interest I am selling common and uncommon stuff until I reach the costs.
    That is why I mark Epic Items as "would if I could" because I don't think I will buy any of thoose any time soon.
    Except someone says that any of the Items is an absolutely must have - than I consider selling some of my other Items. ;)

Actually I have one Staff Of Winter but since I have 2 Control Wizards in my Party I would like at least one more Encumbrance Staff.
    But maybe you are right. I should save up my money so I can buy some time something more worth it.

Thanks again.
    *cuddles*
    Sisquinanamook

12. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Good point on the blade. Not sure I'd use it for MP, but it would help in quite a few SP missions.

@Questor: Sure, Slippery Shield is better, and I have one, but you can't always spare a gold token for the shield slot.

13. Questor

Questor Ogre

Very true but not the point, Sir Veza posted gold token shields and i answered to that fact.
    And the blade is not really worth 500 gold and 2 silver token.

14. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

Sir Vega, Frozen Shield is awesome, the problem is that most of the time it is hard to have a Yellow Token for the Shield slot.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks for the info, guys. I don't have a slippery shield yet, and wondered if either of the others would be worth using in the meantime. I think I'll buy the Frozen Shield and play with it just to see how it works.

16. Finite

Finite Kobold

Rusty Buckler or Chilled Buckler are the best blue token shields I guess, a have a few Slippery Shields but sometimes gold tokens are better spent elsewhere. But a Parrying Buckler is pretty decent too unless against some heavy magic wielding teams.
    I'd like some input on how useful people think The Strongarm is in pvp? I have a Nifty Halberd and a Blazing Shorsword as nontoken options already so wondering should I spent 2,5k on it or not... The lack of step attacks or range makes me wonder...

17. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

I use a Chilled Buckler in MP atm - it's blue token, rare (cheaper) and equally useful. Of course, if you don't want to wait for one Frozen Shield should work nicely.

18. kogi

kogi Ogre

It's a solid choice. but if you already have a blazing shortsword I wouldn't bother

For blue token I am a fan of the Shield Of The Frog

19. Will-

Will- Kobold

Well it's a while since I checked these forums...

Anyway the items that are affordable to me,
    Big Ash Shield - seems good for no power tokens but then I hate unreliable block. (already have Richochet Buckler which does the same job but seems better).
    Everything else I'm not to keen on apart from Rod Of Winds which appears to have some use.

20. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion