Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

I've got Rolf's this week too. My feeling is that armor isn't super important by the time I get high enough level for a gold power token. (That is, armor is relatively more powerful at lower levels.)

My other suspicion is that I'd rather use that gold token on a weapon, or some type of mobility, or a racial skill -- something that either does damage or puts me in a position to do damage.

That, and there's

True Mail (epic, one blue token, 2x Reliable Mail, 1x Mail),
    Sturdy Armor (epic, one blue token, 2x Reliable Mail, 1x Reliable Hide Armor)

Those seem like pretty good comps to me, and they only require a blue token instead of a gold token. And they only cost 500g.

spacedust and Mirkel like this.
  2. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I pretty much agree with every point Avarice made. Blue token is enough to get you good armor, better use the gold tokens on weapons or Slippery Shield etc.

3. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

A little OT, but I still haven't figured out which one is better. I've had them pop up in succession on either week, and I still haven't laid cash down to get either one. I suspect True Mail is better for general PVM as Hide doesn't really do much past a certain point, but I'm not sure how the maths would figure out.

4. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

It depends completely on what sort of damage there is flying around. Hide is 2x better than Mail for friendly Winds of War damage for example, but if you are doing Firestarter buffed Firestorms, Mail can prevent up to 6 points of damage (2 from initial damage, 4 when it prevents Firestarter proccing since it prevents all of the burning damage) but Hide only 2, making Mail usually better. Then there's Hide being immune to Bad Luck and so on, and it's easy to see there's no way to claim one or the other is always better. Personally I prefer Hide but YMMV.

spacedust likes this.
  5. Eton

Eton Mushroom Warrior

That is exactly what I was considering!
    I would definitely want to spent my golden tokens on a bejeweled shortsword or slippery shield. (Althought I don't have one)

6. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

7. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

i would say the boots, no token and prety good, u can use in whatever char

8. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

There are several nice boots without token. I'd take the nifty halberd unless you have enough nimble strikes already.

9. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

Easier to farm the mouse boots, so I would go for the halberd too.

10. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Thanks, went with the mouse boots, better immediate synergy.

11. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

New Sunday, new crap awesome stuff I can't afford. Bought a Rageblood Dagger at least. There was a decent tokenless priest epic mace with one Mass Frenzy I was eyeballing, but the Twin Heals on it made me a bit sad.

12. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Oh twin heals. Twin heals desperately needs a buff, every item it is on is positioned as something desirable, when it reality they are far from it. each heal should be bumped from 2 to at least 4. I don't even think it has use in SP.

spacedust likes this.
  13. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Well, you could use it to trigger goblin/wisp blocks so your wizard can land some big hits, potentially using up two blocks with one card. That's rather marginal use though.

I'd be happy if they buffed the heals to 3 and added "May self target" to it.

spacedust likes this.
  14. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

I've considered that, but its ultimately better to take a buffing item or an effective heal.

15. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

16. kogi

kogi Ogre

17. Kotor

Kotor Mushroom Warrior

I looted this one Friday Bleneth's skull ;)

not on wiki yet but it has 3x mass frenzy.

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You mean Bleneth's Skull? It's in the wiki. Your link is erroneous. You can link items automatically by selecting the item name in your post and clicking the green ball icon above. It surrounds the name with "item" tags. They can also be written manually.

19. Kotor

Kotor Mushroom Warrior

I did...dunno what went wrong.

this is it
    [*wiki]Bleneth's skull[*/wiki] without the * obvious ;)

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Did you use the rightmost icon (a square with a blue arrow pointing from it) and not the green ball next to it on the left? Or at least for me the rightmost icon produces the "wiki" tags and the green ball the "item" tags, in your format [*item]Bleneth's skull[*/item]. When you want to link to an item in the wiki, you need to use the "item" tags. If you place your mouse pointer over the Bleneth's Skull links in your and my earlier posts you can see the different links they contain. The right item link is the one that begins with h t t p://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/items/ and not h t t p://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/ and it is the "item" tags that produce the right link.