Your worst rare?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Karstedt, Nov 13, 2013.

1. magnuslshs

magnuslshs Kobold

"You have the ring, and I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now let's see how well you handle it." :p

hatchhermit and Aldones like this.
  2. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I have one. I've only used it when I made my 3 vampire party. And when I got high enough to use a token it got replaced first.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Finally looked through my collection. Was unable to find an item as unplayable as the OP's Copper Amulet.

4. Bewulf

Bewulf Kobold

Oh my, and I thought I was bad off with 8 (yes, eight) copies of the epic Yolop's Talisman.

5. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

I just got a 2nd Copper Amulet... I hope this isn't the beginning of a streak.

On a related note, I got Maze used on my in MP today. He moved me off the VP next to him, and I shanked him for the win. So Maze is good, when your opponent has it. That Copper Amulet would actually be great if it added 3 Maze to your opponents deck.

Sir Veza and zwergonfire like this.
  6. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Maze is good for low-level SP as a poor man's telekinesis. If an enemy comes within melee range of your Wizard, just Maze him. Saved my behind most of the time, completely screwed me over on occasion when it teleported a goblin hulk right in the middle of my 3 Wizards. With some luck, it can also turn a mercenary or trogs back towards you, or move an enemy Wizard out of line of sight.

But it's on a lot of low-level arcane items anyway, so there still is no excuse for the existence of copper amulet.

7. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Thing is, though, there's a greater than 50% chance of that not actually happening. Let's assume a wizard and a warrior are standing side by side non-diagonally. There are 8 cells around the warrior that Maze could try to move him; One of them is occupied by the wizard, and four of them are cells adjacent to the wizard (And will force movement to Stop after one square). I'm not sure Maze will choose the wizard's direction if it can't move the warrior anywhere, so best case scenario you have a 3/7 chance (43%) of moving the warrior to a cell that won't also be right next to the wizard.

8. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

And is just as effective when used in conjunction with Path Of Knives.

9. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Maze moves the target two squares. I assume that it always moves 2, not 1 or zero (as a Whirlwind would). I also assume that it ignores difficult terrain and zones of control, which I'm not sure.

That's 16 squares (4 corners and 4x3 sides). Of these, 3 (or 5 in the diagonal case) are adjacent to the caster).

So you're looking at a 3/16 or 5/16 chance.

10. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

spacedust likes this.
  11. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

Welcome! I'm at 3 and counting.

12. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

13. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

From a SP point of view its best use is for the Geomancer quests.

14. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

It does not ignore difficult terrain and zones of control.

15. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Except only the trogs attack in melee, making Cause Fumble useless in most of those maps.

16. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

Yeah, and the trogs are pretty insignificant as they usually just glare at you from the edge of whatever terrain the geomancers throw down. Pretty much all of the SP quests with terrain slingers to worry about are very light on melee. Not terribly uncommon in MP to have to worry about terrain+melee though.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Cardstock 2 secret preview mission 3: lots of melee, lots of terrain.

18. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

19. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I know it's not too awesome right now, but I used to use one for a long time when I was first playing through the campaign. It was great both for killing off low hp enemies and healing armored friends.

20. StormRaiser

StormRaiser Mushroom Warrior

Misguided heal kills are fun