Retail MP builds

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by turinturamba, Sep 23, 2013.

1. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

subpar? I see quite awesome stuff in there! :)

Anyways, nice build. Although I do hope that draw decks will get back in line a bit!

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

I been using a 2 elf warrior 1 elf priest build. what you guys think?
    Bornedan
    Level 1 Elf Warrior
    1 x Blind Rage
    1 x War Cry
    1 x Fiery Stab
    1 x Quick Run
    1 x Ouch!
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Slicer
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Jump Back
    1 x Charge
    1 x Dash

Ambehal
    Level 1 Elf Warrior
    1 x Blind Rage
    1 x War Cry
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Ouch!
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Icy Block
    1 x Slicer
    1 x Impaler
    2 x Mail
    1 x Solid Mail
    1 x Dodge
    1 x Quick Step

Halmae
    Level 1 Elf Priest
    1 x Wild Run
    2 x Fiery Stab
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Loner
    2 x Purge
    2 x Stab
    1 x Icy Block
    1 x Dash

Should i keep the Glinting Eye Hammer or trade in a Madman's Maul

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Gorillas in the Mist
    The smoke mage suppresses wizards and ranged melee attacks, while also clearing both damaging and stopping terrain. The warriors generally hang back until I have sufficient damage in hand to swarm and kill one or two of the opponents' characters. The Slippery trait is great for jumping behind an enemy with blocks and KO'ing before they can turn, or for sneaking past the front line to hit a more vulnerable character. Usually keeps me in the high 1300s, but my rating fluctuates because I also play experimental (*cough* stupid *cough*) builds a lot.

Anduril
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

1 x Slippery
    2 x War Cry
    1 x Block
    4 x Parry
    3 x Bludgeon
    2 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Mail
    2 x Walk
    2 x Slicer

Varda
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

1 x Team Shift
    1 x Scamper
    2 x Frost Jolt
    1 x Slippery
    1 x Force Cone
    1 x Cold Snap
    3 x Force Bolt
    8 x Smoke Bomb
    1 x Walk
    1 x Maze

Gurthang
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

1 x Slippery
    1 x Immovable
    1 x Block
    6 x Parry
    1 x Shuffle
    2 x Bruiser
    1 x Mail
    2 x War Cry
    1 x Walk
    2 x Hardy Mail

Bearson Onyx, Hutto and Flaxative like this.
  4. hwango

hwango Hydra

In another thread, there was discussion of viable decks with made with only commons and uncommons. So I went through and stripped out the rares and epics I was running and replaced them with similar items of lower rarity. This did weaken my build, but it still seems workable. Two mobile, smashy fighters and a priest to heal them. I know this isn't top tier, but neither was my original build. For full disclosure, I'm currently ranked 459, with a rating of 1202, though I still win more than I lose and am hopefully still on my way up.

...oh, and there are no Bejeweled Shortswords in there because I still can't find any. I realize they're superior to some of the weapons I'm running and still only common.

Fighty Smashford
    Level 20 Human Warrior
    1 x Walk
    1 x Mail
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Immovable
    1 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Bruiser
    4 x Parry
    1 x Quick Run

Lord Stabbington
    Level 20 Elf Warrior
    1 x Dash
    1 x Mail
    2 x Quick Run
    1 x Shuffle
    2 x Impaler
    5 x Parry
    2 x Hardy Mail

Dr McHealamajig
    Level 20 Human Priest
    1 x Purge
    1 x Dash
    1 x Walk
    4 x Heal
    1 x Team Shift
    8 x Bludgeon
    2 x Altruism

5. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

The Sharp Spetum you're running isn't that bad. You've got more step attacks, which can be good. Look into giving your elf items with items containing Elvish Insight like Insight or Escapist, which is a) awesome, b) boosts your Devastating Blow.

6. Hutto

Hutto Kobold

I realize this isn't a top tier deck, but I'm posting it anyway. I've recently climbed into the mid 1300's, although I'm sure I'm going to lose 4-5 in a row after this post.

My wizard carries a lot of range 8 spells, and most of them terrain altering. Also some encumbrance. Boots with 2x Flanking Move seem too good. The priest provides buffs (card draws, heals, cause fumble, holy presence/purge) while the spears and dodge allow him to be somewhat elusive. The armors and Boosted Heals also help with the self damage cards. Warrior runs with two Blocking Maces and a Tango Spear for extra range/movement. I'd use nimble strike if I had it. Frenzy auras provide the only help I have against armors, and the helm and boots give some small attacks that help counter blocks. I went with elf because I didn't feel like my dwarf or human warriors had enough movement. Slippery and Elvish Insight are amazing though.

Khonso
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Luther
    Level 19 Human Priest

Tanis
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

7. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Just hit the top 10 with this, so I thought I'd post it. It's designed to counter card draw builds via a reliable stream of whirlwinds. The warriors just dance and smash, and prey on vulnerable targets after the whirlwinds. I intentionally don't run too many "block any" cards so I can benefit from enemy Dwarven Battlecry, and I don't run that in in order to deny the enemy any extra momentum. Not too effective against wizards (unless I get a really good whirl), but they're pretty rare past 1400 atm, so that's not a big problem.

And for any whirlwind skeptics, I've found you rarely get put in really bad spot when you can just play another one. Plus, the wizard is a tough cookie, so he can usually handle getting put next to the enemy warrior.

Elder Bruugenstorch
    Level 19 Dwarf Wizard

4 x Whirlwind
    1 x Parry
    2 x Flame Jet
    2 x Vulnerable
    1 x Immovable
    2 x Toughness

Karazgaraz
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

1 x Bruiser
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Fiery Stab
    1 x Wimpy
    1 x Blind Rage
    1 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Immovable
    1 x Parry
    1 x Toughness

Captain Crubshanks
    Level 18 Dwarf Warrior

2 x Weak Parry
    1 x Blind Rage
    2 x Impaler
    1 x Parry
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Toughness
    1 x Immovable

8. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

nice Vakaz I remember *****ing about your deck to you not too long ago. I might give a similar deck a try.

9. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Whirlwind isn't a very fun card to play against, however most of my opponent's are running card draw, so I don't feel too bad ;)

I'd be curious to see your take on it. I wonder whether any different team compositions would work with it?

10. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Honest question, what is your thoughts on wimpy? I'd have thought a weakling's helm would be enough bad news to consider a crusty helm with it's obvious maneuver instead, especially since if you're whirling everyone all over the place it's not like they have as much luxury in avoiding the warrior when they see good cards in his hand. How did you arrive at the decision to use it?

11. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

I guess you can try to bluff with wimpy, but you can't with obvious manoeuvre?

12. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Because the warriors usually team up to take an enemy down, -1 damage doesn't really hurt all that much. Generally I really don't want my opponent to know what my warrior has in store, however you make a good point that it doesn't matter as much in a deck like this.

I'll try out the the crusty helm, and see how it works out. Ideally I'd get some nice tokenless items to free up a token for another good team move helmet, but until then the armor seems to work pretty well.

[Edit: Piotras is right, I'll often try to scare people out of using their moves to escape the warriors, even when they don't have much in the way of attacks. I was kind of saying that above, but that's a better way of putting it.]

13. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Okay. Keeping that raging strike a secret is wise, anyway, right? Teaming up was definitely how I got my successes with that melee mage build you advised me on, so I can totally understand that. I was sympathetically thinking of cards like your lunging hack and shifty stab. I wouldn't want to rely on just the "powerful" attacks and get stuck in a place where the little stuff could make me grit my teeth every time I drew it because it really only meant movement options. Then again, you've also got blind rage for a bit of equilibrium. I'm also remembering the point you made about priest damage buffs for making your smaller attacks worthwhile, and you don't get that luxury without a priest.

14. Minmaxer

Minmaxer Kobold

15. Hutto

Hutto Kobold

Went something like 1-6 right after posting this. I knew I was going to jinx myself.

16. Karjak

Karjak Kobold

open for suggestions on changes =P

Stokgrom
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

Tellevorn
    Level 18 Human Priest

Ecfox
    Level 18 Human Warrior

17. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

cool build karjak. only thing i might suggest is find a way to put a armor with 2 arrogants in your dwarfe, hes vulnerable to encumber. but that would emn u would have to get a token from somewhere (maybe the dwarven racial?) or u can use a vassal plate, it was a arrogant and it costs 0 tokens but suspicius can be quite bad at the wrong time

18. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

nice items Karjak!

Azan's Icy Bulwark look interesting, but how does it compare to Slippery Shield?

19. Karjak

Karjak Kobold

i don't have any or that would be what i use =P but it is nice to snare mages across the map.

Tuknir i have arrogant i could use but the 3 mass frenzy on my priest would have to be swaped out it would be a waste with only 1 war carrying them. i have vassals and impervious panoply for options there.

20. ArtificerProdigy

ArtificerProdigy Orc Soldier

Here's the build I've been tinkering with for the last few days since the new maps came out. Had some moderate success with it, but I feel like it needs a lot of work to get up to the level of my party last rotation. It's definitely not terribly consistent either unfortunately.

Kalkier
    Level 2 Human Priest

Thrundwyr
    Level 19 Dwarf Wizard

Aear
    Level 16 Elf Warrior
    2 x Dodge