Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

2. VNSAramaki

VNSAramaki Mushroom Warrior

Infused Greatclub and Rod Of Winds are quite good and would be worth the money. And I heard Ironwood Staff Of The Magus is quite good too.
    Off-balance Boots is a decent no token boot if you want mobility.
    Sticky Slippers is a good choice against controlling decks.

3. Tardis

Tardis Kobold

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I found that as my characters went up in level during the campaign, the price of some rares in Randimar's came down.

I watched as an Ironwood Staff went from 500 gc to 300 to 200 to 100 last week.

I'm wondering in what way your levels also affect the loot payout for treasure chests. Are Level 18 commons more likely once you are at level 20? Does it take a collective average of your characters, or just the most advanced?

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Your highest levelled sp characters calculates the prices for shops, so you're not imagining things. Your levels don't affect bought chest or level of the loot adventure chests, or the mp ones. There has been mention of a separate "introduction" level, where some items don't drop for lower levels until replays.

5. Tardis

Tardis Kobold

Good to know.

Another quick trick I've learned is to use the search item feature for "nim" in Randimar's and my inventory. It shows right away all the Impenetrable Nimbus and Nimble Strike cards available.

6. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

I'm currently debating whether to spend 500g on Staff Of Burning Ice, just in case I ever wanna make Frost Wizard build. Of course I hate that build with the burning passion of a million suns, but you know what they say: If you cannot beat them, join them.

7. Questor

Questor Ogre

Dont buy it if you dont have plenty of gold, i have 3 of those staffs and i dont use them at all. And i use 2 wizards in SP and MP.
    Look out for Staff Of Winter, its a lot better.

8. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

So I am hopeful of picking up enough cash this week for both priest weapons that are showing up this week...
    Whiteglow Flail
    Greyworm Mace

Should it turn out that I can pick up only one, which might you all recommend as my first pick?

For reference, my priest is currently using Inkdark Halberd and Lifesuck Spear.

9. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I got a Whiteglow Flail and it is very nice. The Nimble Strikes are great and the rest of the cards give it good utility. But you have to be willing to use two (majortoken) for it, which I've found on my priests to be an acceptable use of my tokens.

10. Tardis

Tardis Kobold

11. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

This week a legendary Bohemian Ear Spoon tops the list at 10,000 gp.
    Next is the Antioch's Figurine for 2,500 gp. I already have two of these, and seeing the blazing "Legendary" appear as each dropped after hours of grinding made it feel like finding a cow flop at the end of the rainbow. I somehow resisted buying this one.

Maybe next week they'll stock some nice 'rares' for me.

14. Galdred

Galdred Mushroom Warrior

Have you finished the campaign? I think if you have level 18 characters, the spoon should be 2500 GP. I haven't find much situations where I would be that happy to use the Bohemian Earspoon anyway.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Nope. I realized I wasn't playing very well, so I stopped at level 15 and started farming. I'm an old pre-1.5e D&D guy and this is the first 'card type' system I've played. I've been trying different races, builds, and generally trying to figure things out to improve my game. I'm still looking for items for some of the things I want to try. Strictly SP so far.

The Bohemian Earspoon didn't impress me greatly either, although I kind of like the name.

16. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

Vibrant Pain is in my shop this week... I wonder if I can farm up the additional 2k I'll need?! :p

17. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

18. kogi

kogi Ogre

Dear Devs

My Randimar is broken. All he brings me is crap, Can I get a replacement Randimar please.

spacedust likes this.
  19. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I'm frankly glad I don't have anything that cool in my shop. I farmed 2500g last week for a legendary and it was a bit of a chore. All I had in my Randimar's this week was another Lizard Fryer and since I'm always lamenting the fact I only have one when doing low level stuff I bought another.

20. picklesthecat

picklesthecat Kobold

What do people think of Knife Of St. Blenko? The 2 inspiring presence and 4 passable attacks seem right up my ally, and I have a good chunk of gold (4k).