Card Hunter Wiki - Cardhuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Jayce and Jarmo like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks, Phaselock, amazing work once again!

I notice you say on the Card Statistics page that "Any discrepancies in totals are due to cards missing rarities". Is there a similar reason behind the erroneous totals of the Item Statistics page? The errors are the following.

Item distribution by item type and item rarity:
    - The table total should be 1512, not 1517.
    - Divine Armor total should be 71, not 72.

Item distribution by item level and item rarity:
    - The table total should be 1510, not 1517.
    - The Common column total should be 366, not 367.
    - The Rare column total should be 283, not 284.

Both tables:
    - The table totals are different, 1512 and 1510. Which is the real one? Which table has too many/few items and where?

These admittedly pretty slight issues matter to me because when I'll calculate the loot drop weightings I need correct item distributions to get correct results.

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Yes, I'm aware of the count issues. It has been reported as a bug on the Semantic Mediawiki mailing lists and a fix has yet to appear. I'm still monitoring it.

Pls use the numbers you see in the actual category pages for your calculations. For total items, the correct count is 1,511 and the accurate distributions are 367 (C), 368 (U), 284 (R), 259 (E), 233 (L). And thank you very much for giving these feedback. :)

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the correct numbers and the other info! Could I bother you also for the correct number of items of each level? The totals (the rightmost column of "Item distribution by item level and item rarity") are enough to calculate the level weights for the loot drops.

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

All are correct except for Level 1, which should read as 81, not 82. Hope it helps. :)

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thank you very much! It helps quite a deal to have correct data to base further calculations on.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Erm, I'm sorry but if I make that change and calculate the sum of that column it comes out as 1,509, not 1,511.

8. Spheyr

Spheyr Kobold

Np. I see. It would do the job. Then again the link for card usage tips is on the frontpage of the wiki already. Less clutter is better, right? Is Card Combos and Tips for stating simple Skill Mechanics too? Like for example that Lifesave Block doesn't block non-lethal buffed lethal damage.
    My idea is pretty much dead and buried now since we have the page you mentioned. Every card wouldn't need those in your face type of "notes"/equivalent term, especially now that we have a great page for synergies. Still, it was nice to exchange ideas and get a sneak peek for upcoming features.

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

That's due to a lvl 19 and lvl 30 item. I've fixed the table to show these as well. Thanks for the heads up :)

Made a Basic Card Mechanics page for collecting such data. Feel free to add less-obvious card mechanics there. :)

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, thanks! I wonder if anyone has ever gotten a Rowan Magestaff (level 19). I have two White Star Diamonds so I know even level 30 items can drop even beyond the scripted treasure hunt (or at least could earlier).

EDIT: Sorry, I was confusing White Star Diamond (Rare level 30) and Cleansing Diamond, a completely different item (Epic level 11). As far as I know, there is no non-scripted way for the White Star Diamond to drop in the current game, its level is far too high.

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The Lifesaving Block guidance on the Basic Card Mechanics page seems to simplify things too much, see this post. Maybe we should create an entry on that page for each of the nine attacks listed two posts down from the linked one to alert users to this unintuitive property.

12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Erm , actually there are more than the nine conditions for which LB doesn't proc. In any case, I've fleshed out the entry to make it easier to understand. Hope it helps.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the elaboration, Phaselock! I was wondering whether there were more situations where Lifesaving Block doesn't trigger besides the nine attacks I listed.

This might be a case of me not understanding something, but it seems to me the current wiki text "Doesn't trigger if the damage that would kill comes from an attack that is buffed. Only triggers when the base damage of an attack would kill you, not including any calculated damage bonuses." doesn't jive with what Jon said: "any damage modifications that are applied before the block triggers are taken into account. So, for example, if Righteous Frenzy boosts your attack damage, that will be considered by the block. ... Blocks only care about the base damage of the card plus whatever boosts have been applied to it so far." Mainly the distinction between buffs applied before the card does damage and after the card does damage is what I originally meant by the oversimplification of the explanation, sorry about being vague before.

I don't understand the bolded part of this: "As a general rule, blocks do not trigger upon allied damage so killing an ally with Lifesaving Block does not work." Could you elaborate on your meaning? Do you mean something like "LB doesn't trigger if the fatal damage comes from an ally"? Or that you can't kill an ally with the menacing attack called LB :)?

I rush to add that I don't mean or think that you personally should comprehensively document everything about the game or the card properties in the wiki. I just wanted to bring this particular case up as the current text seems partially incorrect. I wouldn't want to summarily change it myself without discussing it with you, the original author, especially as my understanding of the issue has already been proved to be incomplete. I appreciate your continuing wiki efforts and hope that also others besides the current activists will roll up their sleeves and contribute.

Phaselock likes this.
  14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Nice catch, made that edit late last night so didn't proofread. :p

heh, reworded...thanks.

Oh, no worries. Most readers who spot an outright error just login, make the change without consulting. Any conflicts are resolved via PMs or here, its fine. :)

15. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Turbo164, Jayce and Pengw1n like this.
  16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sorry, still don't get it: "killing an ally who's holding a Lifesaving Block does not work"

What? Are you really trying to kill an ally and worried about it not working? What are you on about here? Could you please explain for dummies like me what you mean by this? You left it pretty similar even after editing so you obviously have some idea here that I'm just not remotely grasping.

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

It means LB doesn't trigger if the fatal damage comes from an ally. So firestorming with your ally holding LB won't trigger it. Is that a better explanation ?

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, thanks! To me it seems killing an LB-holding ally with firestorm works very well, hence my confusion :).

Turbo164 likes this.
  19. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

@ PhaseLock, How can I help with the Wiki? What's the most urgent category that needs work?

20. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Jayce and Pengw1n like this.