Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Not a native english speaker here but I think there is a typo in the treasure hunt "temple of scales".
    In the "introduction" on the left side:

"The High priest Kazsssfif has sworn bloody vengeance apon them..."

Shouldn't it be "upon"? :)

*cuddles*
    Sisquinanamook

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's probably a pun as the priest's underlings are apes. ape -> apon, heh heh

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Temple of scales are lizardmen, you're thinking of Temple of Terror. So op's probably correct here... ;)

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Good point, sorry about my misinformation. I could swear having seen the same jape in one of the monkey adventure stages. Maybe it's an unintended misspelling there also?

5. After today's build deployment, when I play MP maps (have only played Haunted Cabin thus far) it says "null" in the tab window within my browser.

Edit: Firefox.

6. Pengw1n

Please supply what browser you're using when reporting bugs like that- on the off case it's for a specific one.

7. Niali

Niali Kobold

I can repro this in Campaign play. Also Firefox. v24.
    In the HTML header metadata, Card Hunter is not in quotes. Does your code expect it to be? (I know XML and HTML don't require it, but your JS might.)
    <head><meta charset="utf-8"/><title>Card Hunter</title><meta name="description" content="" />

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

FYI, Blue Manchu have already fixed this, although I'm sure they still appreciate your detailed information.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

One of the hints in "Throne of Strench" battle 2 "Frozen Cavern" includes "with with" ("Equip your warrior with with the spear <snip>").

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

This one still boldly flaunts its grammatical vitiation, mocking all linguistically fastidious, taking a lexical cheese-grater to their poor suffering eyeballs.

11. eyhung

eyhung Kobold

Lord Batford's Manor text has a bunch of sentences without periods.

The Arena fight that has you face 3 elves describes two priests and a wizard but you face a warrior, a priest, and a wizard.

12. eyhung

eyhung Kobold

The battle log text for Bungled Bolt doesn't display a complete sentence.

13. Pengw1n

Mauve Manticore - first battle, aftermath - "Valient" -Valiant. :)

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mauve Manticore - first battle, aftermath -"a horde of treasure" should be "a hoard of treasure". A horde is "a teeming crowd or throng".

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mauve Manticore - first battle, "Venture Forth":
    "Greetings fair reader!" -> "Greetings, fair reader!" It reads and flows a lot better with the comma.
    "places you never been" -> "places you've never been" Omitting the contraction sounds very colloquial which doesn't fit the style of the rest of the text.

16. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed for next release, thanks!

17. Ben_Lee

Fixed both for next release, thanks!

18. Ben_Lee

Fixed for next release, thanks!

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The adventure title pages always have text like "3 CHILLING BATTLES!" This is very useful when planning what to take on in the time available for playing the game. The two level 9 Gladiatorial Arena adventures (Qualifiers and Finals) are a sad exception to this rule. They don't list anywhere how many battles await the party. Could this information please be included on their title pages?

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It is finally time for the following text bug to die! It has vexed us long enough, it needs to get gone.

The tooltip for the purple 20th multiplayer win reward chest ends "and three random item." It is missing the plural signifier S at the end. There are no "three item" in the English language, there are only "three items". Please correct this. Pretty please with fairy sugar sprinkles on top?