Card Hunter Wiki - Cardhuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Things \o/

Build 1.38 (The shiny Halloween stuff):

Items with status: Added (20)

ArcaneItem (4)
    Blazing Skull, Haunted Stick, Pumpkin Bomb, Trickster Wand

Boots (1)
    Werewolf Boots

DivineItem (2)
    Hell Cauldron, The Deadonomicon

DivineWeapon (2)
    Sugar Rage, Wicked Broom

HeavyArmor (1)
    Skeleton Suit

Robes (1)
    Witchy Robes

Shield (2)
    Black Cat Buckler, Fang Shield

Staff (1)
    Vankenstein's Staff

Treasure (5)
    Candied Gland, Candy Nauticorn , Ghost Pop, Kobold Kandy, Pixie Cake

Weapon (1)
    Devil Trident

Weapon Items Updated (1):
    Weapon: Massive Harm - Item Changes:
    ImageName: massive -> MassiveClub

Jarmo, Phaselock and Pengw1n like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I was looking at the Recent Changes special page and noticed that yesterday October 24th a couple of new users created spam pages. Is this a frequent occurrence with this wiki?

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

To date, approx 300 spambots have been perma-blocked since the wiki has gone live. All wikis suffer the same fate from spammers.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, thanks for the info! Also, I notice that the categories <rarity>_Item are in, woohoo! Thanks very much for the continued betterment of the wiki!

Phaselock likes this.
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Phaselock, you're my patron saint. The categories Level_<nn>_<rarity>_Item are in! These have already proved to be insanely useful. This one thing will make my gaming life 200% more comfy and efficient. You have my gratitude in spades.

6. A bunch more wiki spam including a total re-write of the front page (you got it), as well as a strange series of articles on public toilets. I miss the front page; it was so organized; and I don't need a divorce lawyer anyway. How is that effective advertising?

Flaxative likes this.
  7. kogi

kogi Ogre

It's a wiki, next time anyone can revert the changes of any spammer yourself.

Phaselock, how do I delete a page? Or is it an admin privilege?

Phaselock likes this.
  8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

admin only. And thanks, kogi. fyi: main page is now protected.

Happy Halloween all !! :)

Pengw1n likes this.
  9. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Hey! Someone reverted all my changes about the upcoming public toilet changes in the next build =O

Pengw1n likes this.
  10. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Ever been hit by Winds Of War for the Nth time in a match and thought "Again?! How many of these things does this guy have?" Well, whilst we can't claim to tell you how many that particular guy has, we can certainly tell you how many he might possibly have (turns out it's 12) .

You didn't ask for it, you got it anyway:

(minortoken)(majortoken)Extreme Builds!(majortoken)(minortoken)

Phaselock posed the interesting question of just how many of X card we could fit on a level 18 character (current multiplayer level), and which item combinations could give us that many cards? I wrote a little program to work that out and dump the information, and Phaselock has applied his endless wiki styling chops to give me a handy template to present the results. He's also set up a nice front page to summarise the information:

http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Extreme_Builds - It should be fairly straightforward to understand.

The actual build listings with items should be ordered in such a way that the combinations requiring the least token/talents are present first, and within that order, combinations the require the lowest level power tokens are given preference (e.g. 2 x Blue will appear before 1 x Blue, 1 x Yellow)

And yes, within reason, we'll do requests =D

This is a bit of a work in progress, so if you notice anything horribly wrong, or something you'd like to see/needs improvement, let us know =D The pages may will initially be a bit slow to load.

Enjoy.

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

You wonderful little nerd, you. Keep on codin'.

P.S.: "Nerd" isn't an insult anymore, right?

Jayce likes this.
  12. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I don't think so; if it is, I'm probably still guilty as charged.

Forgot to mention, we chose the current cards based on a combination of what seems to be generating discussion, and some we thought would test well, if there are cards of particular interest missing, do request them. Generating the build info takes barely any time at all but it makes sense not to clog the wiki up with stuff of little importance (I can't think anyone would want to know how to get that illusive 14 x Weak Chop build).

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've found it interesting how hard to find some of the weakest cards are, things like Little Zap and Zap and even Spark Inductor.

Jayce likes this.
  14. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

In that case: =D

Spark Inductor can only have a maximum of one per character (all are on Arcane Skills, you can sort of see it from the wiki page for Spark Inductor).
    Zap - It looks like there are 1260 to get the maximum 7 cards, so I probably won't stick that build list on =D
    Little Zap - There are 3 ways to get the maximum 15 cards, which is much nicer to read - I can stick that up when I get home if you'd like to see how =D

15. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Changelog (4th Nov 2013)

All items categorized across levels and rarity.
    Added Searching the Inventory basic guide.
    Added Card Synergies and Tips. Tips are largely drawn from this thread. There are still a ton of tips either not discovered or lost in some forum post, feel free to drop a note/url here and I'll do the necessary. Thanks. :)

Jarmo and Jayce like this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm sure I asked this before, but we really need to be able to search for cards by keyword. Today I was looking for cantrip moves, and no matter what I did, I could not get it to return a single card. I had to go to Google and search "site:wiki.cardhuntria.com cantrip" and wade through three pages of results to find the four cards that mention it.

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

ok, thanks. Will look into this. Maybe I'll integrate keywords into the Card Search Form.

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Changelog (6 Nov 2013)

Added keyword search options in the Card Search Form.
    Added item level search options in the Item Search Form.

Due to increase in traffic, the wiki is experiencing occasional downtime. We are looking into this. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    Hope it helps.

Kalin, spacedust and Jarmo like this.
  19. Spheyr

Spheyr Kobold

I feel the card pages could be even more useful with notes sections (for reference). There are many cards in the game that the player doesn't know how they work in different situations. The wiki could tell us how they work. And should, really.

Related cards sections might be nice too. Not that important but worth considering? Team Run's related cards would be Team Shift and I guess Elvish Mobility and Violent Spin, cards that can move the whole team. Currently categories do that job but it takes clicks to get where you want and categories I guess don't attract as much traffic as direct hyperlinks that have a better position in the pages.

So, are we free to add information about how the cards work? Festering Guts might ruin your no party deaths run, or not, if you knew that it does damage first. Or does it? Last time it did.

Now that we're at it, do the skills and items have trivia? ;) Just kidding.

20. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

Erm, all cards and items are botscript driven at the moment. Which means a notes section is better implemented on a central page like the Card Combos and Tips with the card pages pointing to the central resource. I'd prefer volunteers coming forward to make simple well illustrated guides, showing how best to use cards/party builds. Much like how Mtg works.

I recall making links to forumers who wanted to setup advanced guides but nothing came out of it, tho.

This is currently a work in progress. I'll be cataloging cards by rider effects on a single page. Hopefully, we get hosting issues sorted out and get much needed bandwidth. :)

This is one of the initial fears during wiki infra setup. There are approx. 500 cards right now and maintaining individual notes is a highly tedious affair, not taking into account half-truths or outright errors. Maybe we should open the floor to more feedback ?