Vampire Priest

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by PIZZA, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Go farm lvl 12 adventures like craaaze ;)

P.S. I want that too D:

Flaxative likes this.
  2. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Shae Mareth
    Level 9 Elf Priest

1 x Block
    2 x Run
    1 x Parry
    4 x Loner
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Shuffle
    1 x Purge
    2 x Quick Run

Glamir Stonebranch
    Level 10 Dwarf Wizard

2 x Acid Blast
    1 x Dash
    2 x Charge
    1 x Little Zap
    4 x Long Spark

Alamath Lunas
    Level 9 Elf Warrior

1 x Stab
    1 x Parry
    1 x Slippery
    3 x Chop
    1 x Run
    1 x Walk
    4 x Bludgeon
    1 x Impaler
    2 x Mail
    1 x Bruiser

So I went to the Gladiatorial Arena on my first go. It did better than I expected. Loner showed up first turn when everyone starts back to back. Fortunately Shae was on the end and only took 10 damage, but he was able to recover and survive. The 2nd battle where the VP spots are all spread out 2 Loner showed up right in a row but he was far away from everyone and took no damage. He got hurt from a kobold and the tree but was able to recover. In the final battle he took 8 damage from Loner but caught right back up on health.

All in all, first impressions are that if you can stay alive the Vampire can recover very quickly. Now, the rest of my team was hurting most of the time because Shae wasn't able to heal much. I may have to replace the Wizard with a Priest like I was thinking.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Loner is definitely more of a problem in PvP where sometimes you just have to pass the turn at low life. I would replace the warrior with a priest before dumping the wizard, but maybe you don't have enough control effects on your wizard for him to be super effective?

Also, I think I like Agility better on elf vampire priests, it lets you start the turn with priority behind your opponent. I've won a lot of games off that surprise factor.

Bandreus likes this.
  4. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

When you say control effects do you mean stuff like Winds of War, Force Bolt, etc...? That build for the wizard was for Trogs. I forgot to change it before I went into the Arena. :oops:

I'm not sure what you mean by Agility. Slippery?

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sorry, meant Escapist! Yeah the Slippery trait is sweet.

6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

What's funny is Agility just dropped for me, so I was like "OH!", but now... :D

So after playing:
    Gladiatorial Arena, Finals
    Lord Stafford's Treasure
    Viscous Tombs
    Gladiatorial Arena, Qualifiers
    The build is fun and I never died from Loner. In fact I only died on the last battle of Lord Stafford's Treasure because the Merc fed my Vampire two Potent Stabs.

This is what I ended up with although I may swap out the Elf traits for the one with Slippery because of the boots I equipped when he leveled.

Shae Mareth
    Level 10 Elf Priest

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Slippery easily counts as one of the single best traits in the game, and I agree it would nicely fit a vampire build. Your opponents better make sure to never let you pass first when the elven blood-sucker is around.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's what the cantrip drains are for: always retaining priority! :)

Bandreus likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

So in the name of science, having found a second Vampire's Blade and a second Lifesuck Spear, I just tested triple priests with one frenzy support and two vampires. Seems inferior. I'm 0/5 so far, plummeting from 1350 to 1250 in the ladder. I'm going to stop before anyone accuses me of tanking :)

10. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

So after gaining a few levels I've been able to enhance all other areas with a token item and I still have one unused token. :/ I've also found that I really like using Superb Footwork. I'm able to steal priority and sneak in for a kill. Very nice. I've also been having fun with Boots Of Aggression for the Charge. I've still never died to Loner in spite of the fact I've had it drawn 3 times in a single turn twice. Both times I was at full health and only near 1 other character. I do notice a weakness of the build is when something has heavy armor (a lot of armor cards). If I my wizard doesn't have armor removal things get more dicey. I'm happy to report that dual wielding two Vampire's Blade is viable in SP.

Edit: Oh, and one other thing, I swapped out the Silver Ring for a ring with Boosted Heal on it. It really helps with survivability and even though I've never had the card when Loner was drawn, it should work to mitigate the damage it can deal.

11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I've got a Focused Healer in Randimar's this week. I'll be picking that up along with a couple epics. I finally died from a Loner last night. While playing the level 11 and 12 goblin boards I ran in for a kill on a low goblin to protect my warrior. Drew a single Loner the next turn, took 12 damage and died. Still won the match though. I've since had Talented Healer in my build and wow is that powerful. Goblin berserkers don't seem as scary when you've got a Mass Frenzy buff, 2 Invigorating Touch, and a Spear Of Darkness in your hand.

I've also switched out my Wizard for another priest to get more healing and Mass Frenzy in the game.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Speaking of vampire priests, this will be for sale tomorrow:
    [​IMG]

hatchhermit and PIZZA like this.
  13. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Isn't that a Warrior? Still, pretty nifty. :)

(then again, he's not wearing a helmet... hm)

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh my geez that looks awesome....

Pretty sure it's a priest, given the shield with a cross-like design.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Right, warriors have helmets:
    [​IMG]

Or, um, head-thingys at least.

16. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

So, now there's 2 undead dwarf warriors? That's a bit sad in terms of variation. Not complaining about the quality though, that's for sure.

17. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Inverted cross, so Eeeeevil, so metal
    download.jpeg

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

And "evil" is definitely in the purview of the priest class :)

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

He may still be alive... I think that's a beard sticking out from under his arms. Not sure why his face is shining bright enough to light up his arms and weapon.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  20. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

There's a candle in there too, obviously.

PIZZA and Flaxative like this.