What is the shortest method to get most gold pieces (gp)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ClimbHigh, Oct 20, 2013.

1. ClimbHigh

ClimbHigh Mushroom Warrior

Need to do major shopping, 2000gp to go in 1 week.
    What's the least time consuming method?
    Seems like SP's level 5 to level 8 drop most treasure for some reason. Maybe I should grind them everyday?

2. Chompman

Chompman Mushroom Warrior

Grinding the campaign missions will be the way to go daily and if you can some of the easy quests you have not done yet.

Otherwise hitting some multiplayer can help for more loot each day if you have the time and being a club member can help for even more loot.

Just pray for a legendary treasure.

3. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Based on this data (plus a bit of speculation and anecdotal evidence), some modules are a bit more likely to give you treasures.

But my advice is just to play whichever maps you like playing, and try to complete them as quickly as you can so that you can do more. Then just hope for good luck!

4. progammer

progammer Ogre

2k gold a week can be done, but requires some luck, at least 1 legendary treasure must drop. There is nothing faster than grinding campaign over and over gain. Level actually doesnt matter much, find a module that you can clear as fast as possible (excluding the last map of that module). Fastest strategy is firestorm/volcano. Then just repeat that level over and over again without finishing the last map. This will give you a steady income of gold but shotting 2k still requires major luck.

5. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

The level six adventures have a much higher drop rate for treasures. If you do the first couple of missions in one then quit the adventure, you can do it multiples times in one day. Downside: the last chest in an adventure has more loot and a guaranteed uncommon, and you're only doing the first chests, so this is only a good method if you have lots and lots of time on your hands. Doing the PvP chests is probably faster.

6. Arondight

Arondight Kobold

Modules level 6 9 12 15 have the highest rate of giving legendary /no1

7. Chompman

Do you mind showing me where you see that ?

I looked at the other link and don't see anything special on the list someone made other then for the level 6 ones.

8. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Just play a lot of SP, but it will take a lot of it. I have 6 different parties saved, each designed to clear out 3-6 adventures of a similar level, and between them I can clear 20+ adventures each day in about 3 hours. Firestorm decks are probably the fastest option, but for the level 9 and under adventures a good melee/mass frenzy party will do nicely too. Turn up the animation speed, and after you've beaten the adventures a couple times they get pretty quick.

My advice wouldn't be to focus on beating specific adventures, instead it's about the adventures you can reliably beat the fastest. That's dependent on the adventures you have available, the items you currently have, and your play style. So begin by focusing on the adventures you can already beat quickly. Replay those daily and continue to try to add more to your repertoire. Focus on completing them in the least amount of time, look for ways you can be faster.

I haven't sold a treasure since the game went live, and have somewhere around 17K worth of treasure at this point. Just selling my non-treasure items has been getting me around 200 gold each day, but I've been doing this long enough that I'm selling rares and epics I no longer need at this point. Plus, you will find a lot of good items this way too.

Sir Veza and Kalin like this.
  9. Arondight

Arondight Kobold

@chopman

Chompman likes this.
  10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I think the idea that adventures of certain levels drop more Legendaries and Epics is a misunderstanding of the loot system. Look at what Jon says here. The fact that there exists more high-rarity items of certain levels only means that the ones that drop are selected from a larger pool. They are still just as rare as elsewhere.

If a level 14 Legendary item drops, it will always be St. Pascal's Torch as that's the only level 14 Legendary item there is. If a level 18 Legendary item drops, there are 44 to choose from. So if you play a near-infinite amount of all adventures evenly, you will end up with 44 St. Pascal's Torches to every Bohemian Ear Spoon you'll have.

Also, the treasure item levels (1, 2, 5, 9, 13, 17) seem quite conspicuously chosen so that there is treasure available for adventures of all levels if the commonly-held-to-be-true ± 2 adventure-to-item-level-difference loot drop rule is followed. As it would be the simplest and most elegant design and implementation, I'm currently inclined to think that there is also an equal chance to get treasure and legendary treasure at any adventure level (notwithstanding any special level rules).

11. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Okay, so in any of those ranges, has it been discovered that the Treasure/other item ratio is higher for any single level range? If a Legendary Treasure is just as valuable at any level, then it might be good to know which dungeons have the highest likelihood of not just a legendary item dropping, but it also having the highest likelihood of that legendary being a treasure when it does drop.

For instance, if there were only 20 legendaries available for a certain level, but 5 of them were known to be treasures, I'd farm the heck out of that level range even if other better stuff were known to drop elsewhere in better variety.

Jarmo likes this.
  12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That's a very good point, Aldones.

Starting from Item Statistics I determine the following:

There are two level 1 Legendary treasures (Orc Painting and Snobbit Pipe) and only three other Legendary items at levels 1-4 (Staff Of The Misanthrope, Unholy Nimbus and Relic Of St. Darqar). Furthermore, level 5 has three legendary items out of which two are treasures (Dwarven Panatellas and Fine Brass Toupee, the third is Antioch's Figurine).

Altogether there are four treasures out of eight Legendary items at levels 1-5. If you get a Legendary there, there's a whopping 50% chance of it being treasure. It's the level 3 adventures that give the best practical chance for this. It's smack dab in the middle of that level range and gets drops from all of them.

The Legendary drop rate for common chests has been estimated to be 0.2% so you can look forward to playing a level 3 adventure stage a few hundred times to statistically get one Legendary treasure. Happy grinding, everyone!

13. Chompman

Thanks Arondight.

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, it's always worth 1,000 gold regardless of item level. In general, the sell prices of items depends solely on their rarity (the treasures are worth more than other item types, all others are prized the same).

15. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

It may seem like a lot, but it's pretty easy to grind those lower level dungeons really fast. I've got a sort of flirting romance going on with that pipe, since the coy little thing has appeared to tease me about three (four?) times in the club-only window. This helps explain to me why I've got two Relics of St. Darqar, too. There's just not a lot of legendary variety at that range.

16. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

No kidding. I've got three of those! (But I'm still yet to get the item I'm actually trying to get: Staff Of The Inferno; and I've only found 1 legendary treasure for the whole game; so my triplet of legendary relics is probably just unlucky legendary randomness.)

17. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I lucked out and got two right away. Granted, Randimar sold me one. They're my babies and I attribute all my undeserved success pretty much to them alone. :)

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I just got a level 6 common item from a level 3 adventure stage. Seems like at least the ± 2 adventure-to-item-level-difference loot drop rule needs to be amended. ± 3? Do level weightings exist? That is, is one likeliest to receive an item of the same level and least likely to get an item that is exactly ± 3 levels? We'd need to collect plenty of statistics to determine that. I can get at least 100 plays of a level 3 stage recorded. Who else shall pledge to contribute to the body of knowledge?

19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

If anyone decides to count their dropped item levels, there's an online counter here:
    http://flappity.com/online-tally-counter/
    that you can use to keep tally as you go. Just use the "Change Counter Quantity" button on the upper left so you can have one for each level. You need seven counters if you're playing level 3 adventures, eight if playing above that level -- if the difference rule ends up to be ± 3 levels (one counter for counting the number of plays and the others for the different item levels).

Counter info adapted from Guises in this post.

Guises likes this.
  20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Already after 30 plays of a level 3 adventure stage it looks like the item drop level-dependency algorithm has weightings in it. Preliminary results:
    Level 1: 12
    Level 2: 23
    Level 3: 38
    Level 4: 14
    Level 5: 0
    Level 6: 3

This means level 3 adventures might not the best place to farm for Legendary treasures. What is, remains to be determined. More raw data is needed. Contributions are welcome. The more we get, the better a theory we'll be able to craft.