Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I prefer Flanking Move on wizards much more than on warriors. Though, I guess it does work for warriors too if they are fit with lots of step attacks and/or stabs.

Though I still think both Quick Run and Quick Step are both far more valuable to warriors.

2. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Not a lot of amazing. But then again, I'm a bad judge. If I had the cash I'd get Flicker's Earcuff--I'm a fan of Forgetfulness what with all the card draw cards that are Magic Unholy.
    I also saw a St. Oliander's Tome which just looks interesting. Not necessarily amazing, but interesting.

3. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I got Ulalia's boots just today. Made me think of what you said here.

4. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

No offense, but is it that good? I guess if you have gold to spare it doesn't hurt, but I think I'd use Blocking Mace or Warrior's Mace over that.

5. kogi

kogi Ogre

It's because it is the intro tutorial and doesn't drop in chests.

6. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Whelp... 6 legendaries this week.
    Eeygonnic's Shield (try spelling that from memory). Got one; don't think I need another.
    Knife of St. Blenko. Not sure. Not sure at all. I shy against weapons who pretend to be divine items, especially when the damage is so low and a yellow token is involved.
    Nasrum's Moccasin's. Maybe if Dangerous Maneuver wasn't involved... I've got plenty of blue token shoes that seem loads better.
    Nok's Squirming Shroud. This is actually kind of funny, and it's only a blue token. Anyone think this is worth the cash?
    Sabo's Mirror. I can see some uses for this, definitely. Death to all imps.
    Trained Evasion. Hmm. I like it, but I've already got Perilous Agility. It's really hard to justify adding a token and upgrading a card just a bit for 2500 gold. :/

To be honest, I think it's the epics I'm excited over this time.

Angry Jack's Helmet. It's my experience that getting a helmet with Reliable Mail and without some sort of handicap is kind of rare. Also, I really seem to enjoy Blind Rage. Opinions?
    Flashing Longspear. It seems really rare to find a weapon that has all penetrating attacks. Is this as rare as I think it is? It's a shame it wouldn't be allowed into those darn trog adventures...
    Madman's Maul and St. Olf's Fiery Pike. Whee, Frenzy city! Take both and go nuts. :p

7. progammer

progammer Ogre

That actually make me swoon, way better than my Helm_of_Reinforcement since it can combo with many non-warrior armor.

Aiven likes this.
  8. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Are you saying it's uncommon to find this on non warrior gear? I don't use many harnesses (although I own them), so if there's a trend there then I wasn't aware of it. If that's the case, then I can see how it might turn some heads. Sort of like how I'd poop myself if I ever found warrior armor with a resistant hide on it.
    On a side note, it's funny to imagine how one would get beneficial harnesses from one's boots. I'm imagining some really huge suspenders, or a combat garter belt. Is it any wonder it causes Dangerous Maneuvers?

9. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

10. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

This is by far the best item you have here. I have all the items in your list except for Staff Of The Arctic and I don't use any of them except it.

11. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Blind Rage does its damage before you draw cards, so if you use up your attacks it never does any damage to you. I thought it was bad before I actually tried it out and now I love it.

12. Chompman

Chompman Mushroom Warrior

If you ever try draw decks before they are fixed this is a decent weapon.

Aldones likes this.
  13. Chompman

Got a ton of legendaries this week also but don't think any are worth the cost sadly:

Chartwell's Amulet (Could be useful if you are leveling a character from the start but generally Burning Bangle works better in most cases for the extra damage for these non-token items although the 2 card discard is nice.)
    Hawlic's Surging Shield (Not worth it compared to Slippery Shield but I wish I could get more then one of those still. :( )
    Staff Of Embers (Useful if I build a burn based deck as the aoe is nice but it got overshadowed by a epic this week.)
    The Strongarm (Again a great item for early levels in the campaign but not much once you start using tokens as weapons generally are too good to waste on weapons without)

Few decent epics however:

Charring Staff ( Now this I would use in more builds and pokes fun of the legendary staff.)
    Madman's Maul (Not normally a big fan of the two attacks on it but two Mass Frenzy on it is interesting.
    St. Bethan's Charm (Might be worth trying although the Team Heal is too low to be worth it alone most of the time.

14. progammer

progammer Ogre

I mean I got one legendary with 2x Enchanted Harness, but its a helmet so its warrior only. A boots can be used by any class so it is a better item if the strategy is to stack armor.

15. Chompman

Only problem is these harnesses tend to be near useless it seems short of officer's as it's hard to stack them in most cases and you can get better armor usually if that's what you want.

Plus I have a issue using boots for anything but decent moves unless you are using it for a elf then it's not as needed.

16. Lots of great items.

Nasrum's Moccasins are a fantastic combo item with Holy Breastplate. Nothing like burning your own cleric with firestorm for some guaranteed healing. To keep with the firestorm theme, Knife Of St. Blenko is the best weapon for the build. I'd pass on the rest of the legendaries. The epics are all worth buying, the flashing longspear is probably the weakest.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Bandreus likes this.
  18. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Awesome items, definitely worth the 300g.

For me on the other hand. Seems like very little of interest this week.

19. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

The amount of Legendaries this week also doubled for me - got 2! :p

Aork's Vial Of Memories - nah
    Darkblood Glaive - would buy it straight away if only it wasn't for savage course... it can be quite a roulette this one, especially if the first hit gets blocked and the second eaten by the curse... it would be cool if it was self-castable, since my priests rarely get a whole hand of attacks. Hmm, not sure if it's worth the $$$.

In terms of non-legendaries:

Rapier Of Misfortune - looks awesome, three good attacks and 3 weak cards but with very broad utility (I use True Strike Spear which comes with 2x Bad Luck and I really like the fact that they're quite good block checkers and help to change the orientations of the attacker). I'm pretty sure I'll go for it. With True Strike Spear I would get a few quite decent attacks but a lot of tokens to use for priest magics.

And some other stuff worth considering, what do you think? :)

Lightfoot Robes
    Staff Of Blazing Sparks
    Azure Boots
    Flametouched Spear
    Tempest Robes

20. Chompman

Lightfoot robes: Robes are too important to use on anything but Resistant Hide I feel and while flanking move is good for wizards you can find other ways to get them.

Staff of Blazing sparks: Staff is nice, got one myself from loot, as it can clear a lot of trash out in some of the campaign missions but 2 orange tokens makes it a bit expensive until later on so if you have any issues with some later missions grab it.

Azure Boots: Hard To Pin Down on boots is nice and while I normally don't like using boots with just 3 movement cards as you can draw too many at times then you can view that one as a great block instead so it depends on what your current boot selection is like.

Flametouched spear: Not worth it in my opinion as having a range armor discard for a warrior is huge but the attacks are too weak for the token cost compared to what you could use them for.

Tempest Robes: I would grab it as the WW on them can be useful and very annoying if you ever try running with them at times plus with the resistant hide on it makes it even nicer.