Retail MP builds

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by turinturamba, Sep 23, 2013.

1. We had this thread in the beta and it was quite nice to see what highlevel players use as a composition. To get the nice formatting open the console by hitting F1 and type partyanddecksbbcode

I have enough items now that I consider this mostly finished. The only slots that I consider quite bad are the wizard robes and the warrior shield. I got quite a few great movement cards, so I choose a dwarf composition. The deck idea is not very creative, The warrior kills, the priest buffs/heals and the wizard is responsible for control and some damage.

Edit: Now that it's the no1 build an update is in order.

Doddlesticks
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

Angrinn
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Grikbrog
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

2. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Wait, shouldn't those guys be lvl 18? :)

3. It exports the singleplayerlevel, but of course in mp matches they are lvl 18.

4. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

I don't consider this build at all finished (not even using all my (majortoken) yet) , but I'm currently 5th in the rankings, so something is going right. I will update periodically as this build changes. It has two wizards focused mostly on control & terrain attachments, along with a fairly standard elf warrior (my first time ever using an elf in MP...it's fun).

Edit: this is apparently now the #1 build. I wouldn't've thunk it.
    Edit 2: this is no longer the #1 build. That's more what I would've thunk.

Kobayashi
    Level 1 Human Wizard

1 x Weak Parry
    1 x Squeamish
    3 x Maze
    1 x Smoke Bomb
    2 x Freeze
    4 x Force Bolt
    1 x Cold Snap

Verbal
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

1 x Able Stab
    1 x Parry
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Dodge
    1 x Bruiser
    1 x Slippery
    2 x Walk

Keaton
    Level 1 Human Wizard

1 x Cold Snap
    2 x Squeamish
    1 x Maze
    2 x Freeze
    2 x Force Bolt
    1 x Run

turinturamba likes this.
  5. progammer

progammer Ogre

Oh gosh, Bejweled Shortsword. And here I thought something must be wrong with the drop tables for this item. I've been grinding Cardstock II nonstop for 2 weeks and still not seeing a single one. The only other common lvl 18 weapon, Thick Iron Club I already have 5 copies of.

Anyway, here's my standard party: altruistic priest, control and discard wizard, and a standard warrior. Will transition into team melee once I got a certain item.

H F
    Level 1 Human Warrior

D W
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

H P
    Level 1 Human Priest

6. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

I'm currently hovering around the 20-30 ranking with this double warrior and wizard. I climbed from around 100 to 30 using a double wizard and warrior but I found myself with just too many good cards for double warrior, ill see if this can push me into top 10 ranking.

Steeltimsho
    Level 11 Dwarf Warrior

Malpatqin
    Level 20 Human Warrior

Axeulfale
    Level 12 Human Wizard

7. kogi

kogi Ogre

My untested as yet. King of the Hill build

Zaius
    Level 19 Human Priest

Moreau
    Level 19 Human Priest

Beowulf
    Level 1 Human Warrior

8. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Let's dig this thread up again.

Guess this is decent enough composition, keeps me at 1300+ rating. Still missing atleast Staff Of A Million Embers

Dwarf mage with 25 burn cards does the heavy lifting. Other mage and warrior are allaround handymans.

Barklinka
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Ignadis
    Level 18 Human Wizard

Fieldhelsteel
    Level 20 Human Warrior

9. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

I had a long losing run, so here's something completely different. I'd love better weapons, mostly, but I'm 8-4 with this build, and expect it's worth 1400+ or so.

Kint
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

2 x Walk
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Slicer
    1 x Slippery
    1 x Impaler
    3 x Parry
    2 x Bludgeon

Spacey
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

1 x Team Run
    3 x Parry
    1 x Impaler
    2 x Bludgeon
    2 x Mail
    1 x Walk
    1 x Slippery
    1 x Slicer

Verbal
    Level 1 Elf Priest

1 x Vulnerable
    2 x Purge
    1 x Able Bash
    1 x Weak Chop
    2 x Mind Worm

10. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

I've been using this build for a while. At one point (very briefly) was ranked #2 with it, so I know it works fairly consistently, although as obvious weaknesses against hard-hitting, fast-moving warriors (but show me a build that isn't weak to that heh).

Human Warrior
    Level 20 Human Warrior

Human Wizard
    Level 10 Human Wizard

Elf Wizard
    Level 4 Elf Wizard

11. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

3 Warriors.
    They do pretty well in the new maps.
    Before them I have a Warrior-Priest-Wizard Dwarves party.
    1300+ so far.

Dugrim
    Level 2 Dwarf Warrior

Febreeze
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

Kobow
    Level 3 Human Warrior

12. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Here's a build I was using for a couple of weeks. My rank with this build peaked at #3, at around the time the map set was changed. There was probably a bit of luck involved in getting to that rank, and the build certainly isn't as effective on the new maps; but nevertheless I think it's fair to say that it was a top-tier build for a while. I've stopped using it now, and I'm now experimenting with other (far less successful) builds.

The build has 2 wizards and a priest. The dwarf is meant to be the one standing on the front-lines when possible - but none of the characters are very tanky. The human wizard will get to the battle first, and hopefully be able to use some encumbering spells on to the enemy to slow them down while the dwarf gets there. The priest's primary job is to keep the team alive with heals. Big heals like Greater Heal are good for preventing warriors from killing someone with a heap of attacks in one round; and Help The Weak is good for general-purpose healthiness. Accelerated Thought is a great card to use at the start of the game to get a cards advantage for a few turns.

The core strategy is just to wear the enemy down with constant damage from spells and terrain attachments - and to push them away with Force Bolt or Winds Of War if they ever get too close. The two wizards on this team should try to stay in line of sight of one another, so that they can help each other if needed (and it probably will be needed). Ideally Path Of Knives is used on the enemy warriors (and everyone else if possible) before they can get close, so that they take damage whenever they run it or get pushed back.

This team isn't good at fighting toe-to-toe with the enemy, and it doesn't have a lot of spike damage. So the build isn't designed for quick wins. It's most effective against teams that don't have a priest - so that they can't heal away the gradual damage. (If the enemy team does have a lot of healing, it's probably best to try to control the victory squares rather than trying to kill the enemy.)

Maxwell
    Level 18 Human Wizard
    1 x Run
    1 x Smoke Bomb
    1 x Acid Jet
    2 x Hot Spot
    2 x Frost Jolt
    3 x Force Bolt
    1 x Cold Snap
    1 x Spark
    3 x Walk
    1 x Force Cone

Bohr
    Level 20 Human Priest
    1 x Parry
    1 x Immovable
    1 x Block
    1 x Vulnerable
    1 x Run, Team!
    2 x Purge
    1 x Shuffle

Boltzmann
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard
    1 x Big Zap
    3 x Force Bolt
    2 x Toughness
    1 x Run
    2 x Acid Jet
    1 x Whirlwind
    3 x Squeamish
    1 x Weak Block
    1 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Maze

13. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

Ok, this should work now, I had an issue with an extension when I tried posting this earlier. This build got me in the upper 1300s and I've successfully beaten 1400+ with it. The Warrior kills things, and the Wizards control the board.

Also, is there a way to post tokens automatically, or does it need to be done manually?

Alefgarda
    Level 14 Dwarf Warrior

Jaina
    Level 19 Dwarf Wizard

Rin Tezuka
    Level 4 Human Wizard

14. Yth

Yth Orc Soldier

I'm trying something new on my wizard, stacking tons and tons of traits (13 in total) so that I can draw my core spells more consistantly. I also made the decision to do away with encumber cards, as trying to cast them on an enemy puts your fragile wizard into the line of fire, and team pushes / arrogant armor largely make encumbers a waste of time in the higher ratings.

This build has me floating around the 1400 level quite confidently.

Stumpy
    Level 6 Dwarf Warrior

2 x Blind Rage
    1 x Retreat
    1 x Sprint
    2 x Slicer
    1 x Toughness
    2 x Mail
    5 x Weak Chop

Garraf
    Level 19 Human Warrior

2 x Bruiser
    1 x Bludgeon
    3 x Dodge
    1 x Vulnerable
    1 x Stab
    1 x Run, Team!
    3 x Fiery Stab
    1 x Retreat
    1 x Team Run

Lesea
    Level 5 Human Wizard

5 x Squeamish
    1 x Quick Run
    4 x Vulnerable
    4 x Flame Jet

kogi likes this.
  15. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

Pretty sure this is a problem

Green
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Blue
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Backdoor Mudslide
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

16. Yth

Yth Orc Soldier

Why is it a problem? Do you mean you worry that by posting your build you are exposing yourself to being countered?

Your build is interesting. When I faced it I thought at first you were running a card draw war/pri/pri setup. Your build is similar to that, but doesn't stack card draws nearly as much and instead has more combatative priests, along with a ton of nimbuses and +damage buffs for the warrior.

A couple small critiques:
    -you only run 1 purge over 2 priests, which leaves your main damage dealing warrior very vulnerable to ensnare. How do you deal with this?
    -your warrior is using 6 out of 8 tokens on his weapons, leaving very little room for utility in the other 6 item slots.

In general, I would love it if this thread (or a similar thread if this one is just used to post builds) could be used to not just discuss the builds, but the tactics and the strategic decisions going into the design of each build.

For example, in my post 2 posts above, I showed my current team for the current map set. In the map set before, I used different helmets and boots because sprinting and rushing auras were not as needed, and instead had as many war cries as I could pack because warriors were so commonly used. In the current mapset, I've been seeing a lot more wizards and card draw builds, so war cry lost priority to extra movement...

17. Redde

Redde Kobold

Hello folks

Here my infamous warrior combo build, who recently granted 1th place on the ladder with 1679 rating.
    To be honest i've build the deck cause it looked the best use of the few decent cards i own, it didnt look really good until i figured out how to properly use it.
    Turn out i've created an overpower archetipe lol.
    The concept is: having a warrior with tons of step attack and movement cards > give him damage/protection buff > feed him some cards if possible > go in a rampage.

The Anvil
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

The Hammer
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

The Steel
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

The deck have lot's of subpar card witch can be improved with lot's of legendary and epic, so yeah... good luck with that.

18. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Redde,

That is a very cool build, and I can attest to how well it works as I spectated a match where you jumped all over the place. However, I am wondering how you deal with encumber type enemies -- are they simply not in the mix any more at 1500+ rating? Because at the 1200-1300 level that I am trying to claw my way out of, unsuccessfully, there's always another frost priest that can easily lock down a single step warrior. And I don't see any purges in your build at all...

19. The Mask Makers

The Mask Makers Mushroom Warrior

I think he can use some other buff cards to push the encumber away. Or sometimes just simply wait it out.

Heretiick likes this.
  20. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

I play pretty much the same build (stolen from Redde, not my idea), and The Mask Makers is correct.