Lord Stafford's Treasure--Treasury

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by DeathsDesign, Oct 15, 2013.

1. DeathsDesign

DeathsDesign Kobold

I am at a loss. My guys are all level 9. One Human wiz, one dwarf warrior one human priest. I just can't seem to make it to the back room w/o Stafford getting all the stars. I cannot seem to locate any handy move cards that will get my guys past that little hallway (if I am even able to make it to that hallway).

Any tips would be appreciated.

2. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Here are two tips:

Firstly, I think the most important thing on this map is to not let any of your characters die. The enemy gets two stars when your character dies, and that means two fewer rounds to reach the final room - which can make it pretty damn difficult. So keep your team alive!

Secondly, terrain attachments can be used to cancel out the difficult terrain in the hallway. For example, if you use Wall Of Fire on the difficult terrain then you will be able to run across it without having to stop at every step (because it will no longer be 'difficult terrain' while it has lava on it).

[edit]
    I personally usually cross the hallway using step attacks, because my warrior build has heaps of step attacks at that level.

Aldones likes this.
  3. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

Some people think it's cheesy but smoke/lava/terrain effects seem to remove the halt penalty for the squares.

If you have access to winds of war or whirlwind enemy you can sorta use those to draw him out or get to him faster as well.

4. DeathsDesign

DeathsDesign Kobold

Any tips on being able to do that as well would be appreciated. I end up just doing everything I can to get someone into that hallway

I have acid spray, does that work as well? (If i am lucky enough to get int that hallway and THEN draw the acid card.)

Guess I'll have to look for those cards as well. Again it will then be a matter of actually drawing those cards. Sheesh

5. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Sadly acid is considered difficult terrain as well, so it doesn't help any. Check if any of your boots have any free moves like Scuttle or Scamper. Teleports also work.

6. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

There's also time enough so long as you kill everything promptly without wasting any time. So, for example, you don't dance about to fight the mercenary, you just engage him as you move forward. This assumes you have the firepower to kill him in a turn or two (after two turns you should be about to enter the passage), and you also have to be able to make short work of the dogs.

7. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

Another possible strategy is to load your wizard up with Force Bolts (et al.) and use them to push your (preferably armoured!) warrior around faster.

8. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Burning Bangles are a nice common item you can usually just find in the store. It gives you two hot spots which are great for roasting that guy at the front door, or making a patch in the furniture blockage that allows you to scoot across two squares at a time. Pave the way for your dwarf warrior, who's racial move will be 2 spaces anyway.

Stafford's hidey hole.jpg

The dogs like to hop around a lot and waste their moves in that back hallway, so it's reasonably easy to catch them in the fire at the end of their turn as a bonus to using hot spot. Of course, the screenshot wasn't perfect, as you can plainly see the dog still has tons of cards at that moment...

9. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I think the biggest problem is the guard, because he can attack more than once in each turn, and he has some pretty good cards. I think killing the guard is the top priority. Watch for his Dropped Guard card. If he has dropped his guard then you can usually hit him with melee attacks from the front - otherwise it's probably best to save your best attack cards until you're confident you can hit him without being blocked. If you happen to draw some good armour or blocks on one of your own characters, it often good to move that character forward to face the guard so that the guard spends all his attacks on your best defender - and thus makes it safer and easier for your other characters to deal with him afterwards.

10. DeathsDesign

DeathsDesign Kobold

Ok, good advice everyone thanks! I'll give it another go!

11. Spheyr

Spheyr Kobold

Preferably kill the first foe in the first round and use Shuffle Team and plan what character should go to the hallway first. Shuffle team is found in headpieces and human racials.

EDIT: Could somebody pm how to link the skills in a fancy way. Or is it just a regular link?

12. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

[​IMG]

Left is for linking cards, right green orb is for linking items. Type Shuffle, Team! and then select the card name and click the card icon. It will add bbcode tags to the phrase. Hope it helps.

13. DeathsDesign

DeathsDesign Kobold

Ok, finally I got it!! Got lucky with my draw cards, used single space lava and telekinesis to do the trick. whew.
    Thanks everyone!

Pengw1n and Aldones like this.
  14. shazbot

shazbot Mushroom Warrior

Congrats on beating it! You are not the first person to have been stuck there ;)

With any of the levels with humans and dogs (lord stafford's treasure, compass of xorr, etc.), the best thing you can do is use your wizard to focus down the humans with magic, and your cleric/warrior focus their melee on the dogs. Melee is useless on guards unless you can hit them from behind, but they have no defense against magic. You can focus your mages items on high damaging cards, big zap is helpful since the guards will always try and get close to you.