Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Double arrogant armor on priest is actually very good.

There are a number of 2xArrogant divine armors for the same tokens cost I would pick over that one, so it's more of a matter of making up your mind between grabbing it right now or waiting for a lucky drop or for whenever one of those might show up in Randimar's.

Do yourself a favor and buy both immediately.

2. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

Hey now, a Trembling Staff is actually a really good no-token, deck-cycling filler item for wizard builds that rely more on their arcane item slots. I have one and use it all the time in the campaign.

3. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

Okay, I was leaning towards that and you normally have good advice. Goodbye monies saved. XD

Pokemath and Bandreus like this.
  4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

When I say things like "definitely buy those" it's not like you HAVE to do as I say.

If, for instance, you like to play high mobility builds and only equip boots with exclusively 3 move cards attached to them, feel free to simply diregard my advice ;)

I appreciate the fact you keep my advice in some consideration tough. I don't think I deserve that much, but thanks a bunch anyways ♥

EDIT: And obviously the amount of gold you have available also plays a role in the kind of decisions you're supposed to make. I can (hopefully) tell you if an item is worth its cost, but the rest is up to you pal!

5. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Aiven, Guises and Andrew Talbot like this.
  6. Andrew Talbot

Well, the (free/no gem) reliable mail and harness did pretty much make my mind up on the Bertha's. The Corian's do seem solid for anything low-mid level that orbs are tighter.

One of my first equipments I still use is the Off-balance Boots for a speedy char. Atm I'm trying a triple priest setup as I go through campaign all over again so it's a toss-up between the Corian's and the off-balance for the last slot. Guess I do have a week to decide at worst.

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Got a mixed bunch of assorted items this week.

2 Legendaries: Cudgel Of Wrath, which I don't feel like spending almost all of my gold on and Mokad's Unholy Tome which looks sexier but otherwise gives me similar feelings.

On the epics/rares side, however, I spotted a few interesting articles, but I will have to pick only a few of those. Do tell if you see anything you like a lot and why ;)

Vinorkin's Boots - not a huge fan of Jump Back
    Crespin's Shroud - I praised Cause Fumble just yesterday. Randimar's is a much nicer fella than most think.
    Vampire's Blade - maybe the game is trying to tell me I need to try out a certain build.
    Excellent Rapier - looks quite sexy at 100g too and 1 minor token only for a Nimble Strike + Fiery Stab + a bunch of assorted step moves.
    Robes Of Alacrity - for times my wizard really needs to get to the restroom asap.
    Raging Rock / Perfect Ferocity - I don't play dwarves much lately, but I guess one of these would be a nice fit for a long-bearded, drunkard, psychopathinc warrior.
    Frosty Staff - cool.
    Ebony Prayer Beads - another cool priest item.
    Pellucid's Shield - is this a good shield? looks like one to me.
    Helm Of Alacrity - I have one already, posting this mainly for the lulz.

8. Andrew Talbot

Frosty imo is great. I'd snap one up in a hurry, but then I like Ice effects.
    Raging Rock, if you want some battling Dwarves it's pretty nice looking.
    Ebony could be a nice buy if it's 100g.

Helm of Alacrity + Human skill with Sprint 8 sure would make for some fast as hell fighters...

Bandreus likes this.
  9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

10. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Looks like I finally get to round out my collection of little tokenless weapons. The Strongarm.
    This looks good enough to finally start really experimenting with token-level shields and helmets on my warrior.
    Solid iron helmet. Looks right up my alley, buy I've had terrible luck with Slowed and I'd still probably prefer my Crusty Helm if I'm tokenless or Tough leather Cap if I'm not. I'd probably think differently if I played more elves.
    The little stuff includes focused healer, which I'm beginning to understand is pretty cool for life-drain builds.

11. I got a Vibrant Pain. Should I buy it? I need your help guys.

Bandreus likes this.
  12. kogi

kogi Ogre

Hell yes, I would, but I love my step warriors

Aiven likes this.
  13. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I own one and am 100% satisfied.
    Dashing with damage attached almost every turn.

14. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I don't like the staff much, as I prefer a variety of spells on my pyromancer weapons better. But it still is a remarkable item. The other items are all very nice too, although I would question, maybe you might want to save some gold up just in case something extraordinary shows up next week.

Also, you used the cards markup for the staff, just though you might want to know this ;)

hatchhermit likes this.
  16. Avarice

Avarice Goblin Champion

I don't think I'm going to have time to get the gold together for both:

Advanced Command. Blue token, 500g
    Perfect Command, Gold token, 300g

I could try leveling, but I don't know if that's realistic this week.

Thanks

17. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

18. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

19. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

It's been discussed if it was only removed as a drop - apparently this proves that.

20. progammer

progammer Ogre

Im just glad it wasnt completely out of the game